08/25/10 09:17 PM
Ohio in the USA
O
Omni Source 1 Offline OP
Omni Source 1  Offline OP
O

Ohio in the USA
Good Day All
I have recived many responses to by 383 overheating question...Thanks to All.
Some of the responses have lead me to ask more questions: Is there a source for the radiator hose springs? These are the springs that prevent the lower hose from collaspsing.
Which would move more collant, a six or eight blade impeller? I realize that pulley diameter affects the speed but if all else is the same, which would move more?
Does a fan clutch move more air that a fixed fan? If so is there a source for factory type fan blades?
Would the addition of a 'pusher' fan in front of the condensor assist or impede the engine fan?
Would changing to an aluminum water pump housing and water pump aid noticably in heat dissapation? If so, is there a source for sand cast parts that resemble the factory iron parts? I'm trying to keep the engine bay as stock as possible.

As always thanks for your insight.
Omni

Last edited by Omni Source 1; 08/25/10 09:21 PM.
Re: Inquiring minds want to know..... [Re: Omni Source 1] #784202
08/25/10 10:39 PM
08/25/10 10:39 PM
Upper Midwest
M
MoparforLife Offline
Too Many Posts
MoparforLife  Offline
Too Many Posts
M

Upper Midwest
Number of blades will help movement to a certain degree. A pusher fan in front IMO will impede air flow and at hiway speeds a fan is not needed - period.
aluminum housing will only help in weight reduction.
No of no source for springs but all the hoses that require a spring in them that I have seen have one in it. A clutch fan is used to cut fan speed when speed and or temps are reached where the fan is not needed.