08/30/10 07:22 AM
the frozen wastes...
Pale_Roader Offline
Swears too much
Pale_Roader  Offline
Swears too much

the frozen wastes...
Quote:

wow, you guys are smart and resourceful!

Pale Roader, I'll just answer your big question...if you want to use stock leaf springs, you can still use all the rest of the Hotchkis parts, and set your ride height with the torsion bars.

Later, if you want to optimize the performance, you can always swap and lower the car.

Elana wouldn't let us put good tires on her car. She likes the stock look.

We have lots of photos on our facebook page.

<a href="Facebook" target="_blank">http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/hotchkis1?ref=ts</a>

My car will sit a good 6" higher than yours, the shocks you use would have to be longer. And with THAT much height difference, would the sway bar attachments (they are engineered for a much lower car obviously) stretch far enough to mount on mine?

For instance, i have my car sitting right where i want it right now... as a roller (it doesn't run yet), and to achieve that stance i have a block ov wood jammed in between the car and the diff. I would actually like it another 1/2" higher, but the stock (6cyl) shocks are at their limit. And that is with solid rear suspension. Just to get it to sit exactly where i want it i'd have to disconnect the rear shocks. So, maybe your fronts might work, but i would need a taller shock for the rear, much taller. Is a B-body shock taller maybe? The factory T/A had special length shocks too i believe...???

Re: Hotchkis Suspension Kits? [Re: autoxcuda] #774398
08/30/10 07:26 AM
08/30/10 07:26 AM
the frozen wastes...
Pale_Roader Offline
Swears too much
Pale_Roader  Offline
Swears too much

the frozen wastes...
Quote:

Quote:

Hotchkis- PLEASE see about making a kit for 71B-Bodies

The only thing different about a 71/72 B-body kit from a E-body is the frame connectors and the rear sway bar.

B-body leafs have a 1" longer rear segment than E-body ones. They'd bolt up and work, but optimally for handling you dont want a rear hanger with a severe angle, one direction or the other.

Also, you would want to factor in the extra weight ov the bigger B-body (generally speaking at least 200 extra pounds). The 71-72's were the heaviest ov the lot. Most modified ones get even heavier with most Mopar guys going for all the fun options too...

Re: Hotchkis Suspension Kits? [Re: Pale_Roader] #774399
08/30/10 12:05 PM
08/30/10 12:05 PM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hotchkis- PLEASE see about making a kit for 71B-Bodies

The only thing different about a 71/72 B-body kit from a E-body is the frame connectors and the rear sway bar.

B-body leafs have a 1" longer rear segment than E-body ones. They'd bolt up and work, but optimally for handling you dont want a rear hanger with a severe angle, one direction or the other.

Also, you would want to factor in the extra weight ov the bigger B-body (generally speaking at least 200 extra pounds). The 71-72's were the heaviest ov the lot. Most modified ones get even heavier with most Mopar guys going for all the fun options too...

My bad when I looked at Mopar Performance XHD spring and other spring sources they combined the B and E leaf springs all together.

But Hotchkis makes/offers a seperate B-body spring.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4