Eugene, OR
F
FuryBoy Offline OP
top fuel
FuryBoy  Offline OP
top fuel
F

Eugene, OR
So, I have just re-wired the dash and engine compartment and finally got my head lights working correctly. Unfortunately i am still having issues with the turn signals. The dash indicators just light up solid, no blinking and only the fron passenger side indicator lights up, but it's just solid, no blinks.

I changed the flasher thinking that might have had something to do with it. Now I am thinking maybe it is more like a turn signal switch issue....

Any help? And where can I get one?

Re: help with turn signals. [Re: FuryBoy] #749919
07/16/10 10:38 PM
07/16/10 10:38 PM
Vancouver, WA
MoparMarq Offline
super stock
MoparMarq  Offline
super stock

Vancouver, WA
Sometimes the flashers are such that the load of only one bulb is not enough of a load to get it to flash, as the bimetal strip inside the flasher doesn't get warm enough.

Suggestion: get the other bulbs to work first to see if that gets the flasher to flash, OR get an electronic flasher which will work on only one incandescent bulb (most electronic flashers are that way) to get the flashing to work.

It's possible it's the turn signal switch itself, but from what you describe, I'd look to solve the other bulb non-illumination probs first. Try applying 12V to the various terminals on the dash harness (that connects to the turn signal switch) while the turn signal switch is disconnected from the harness connector. Do one terminal at a time that leads to the various corner lights of the car (right rear, right front, left rear, left front). If each light works (left rear, right rear, etc.), the switch or flasher may be suspect.

If each light doesn't work, solve that first. Typically grounds (are lack thereof) are the first things to check. Use the wiring diagram of the FSM to determine which wire is which.