12/01/03 04:51 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

That's a welll worded response Gary, too bad it will only be seen by folks viewing this thread. I wonder about the Bulldog heads though, would they have been legal for the EM competition?

if they were available to the public on april 30,2003 then yes , since they weren't ...

running up my post count some more .
Re: Hughes Engines comments re: Moparts Engine Mas [Re: JohnRR] #7418
12/01/03 06:21 PM
12/01/03 06:21 PM
Central, NY
D
DanMcG Offline
top fuel
DanMcG  Offline
top fuel
D

Central, NY
Unlawfl, That's what we should have been reading on "that" cam site! great job

Good Job [Re: DanMcG] #7419
12/01/03 07:08 PM
12/01/03 07:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To the folks that built this engine: Congrats! Don't let the critics slow you down.

"The little dog barks, but the caravan moves on"
----Chinese Proverb

Don Terrill
www.SpeedTalk.com

Re: Good Job #7420
12/01/03 07:15 PM
12/01/03 07:15 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

To the folks that built this engine: Congrats! Don't let the critics slow you down.

----Chinese Proverb

Don Terrill
www.SpeedTalk.com

welcome don , what may i asked directed you to our little corner of the 'net ???

so guys , do i attempt to bury the hatchet with the MASTER ???

Re: Good Job [Re: JohnRR] #7421
12/01/03 07:55 PM
12/01/03 07:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

i think it's up to him to bury the hatchett. you could forward gary's version of events to him as an alternative to his hogwash. if he uses it, or rewrites his version, fine, if not, the hatchett lives on...

Last edited by JohnRR; 12/01/03 08:00 PM.
Re: Good Job #7422
12/01/03 08:01 PM
12/01/03 08:01 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Quote:

i think it's up to him to bury the hatchett. you could forward gary's version of events to him as an alternative to his hogwash. if he uses it, or rewrites his version, fine, if not, the hatchett lives on...

my burying of the hatchect would involve his removal of his fantasy article from his website at a minimum .

Re: Good Job [Re: JohnRR] #7423
12/01/03 08:23 PM
12/01/03 08:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

my burying of the hatchect would involve his removal of his fantasy article from his website at a minimum .

Honestly, how many hits did his website have before this dilemma? If you "Bury The Hatchet",I would think you are admitting de-feat. I respect you and everyone involved in the Engine Masters program.I think all us Moparts members stand behind you guys 110%. Don't think for one minute that Hughes is in the right.Don't sell yourself short...you'll regret it in the long run.
JMHO, Chris

Re: Good Job #7424
12/01/03 09:03 PM
12/01/03 09:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Honestly, how many hits did his website have before this dilemma? If you "Bury The Hatchet",I would think you are admitting de-feat. I respect you and everyone involved in the Engine Masters program.I think all us Moparts members stand behind you guys 110%. Don't think for one minute that Hughes is in the right.Don't sell yourself short...you'll regret it in the long run.
JMHO, Chris

first off, thank you for your support. secondly, i am in complete agreement with the rest of your statements.

for the finale, remember that he SOLD you/us those cams at what appears to be his actual cost. he neither profited, nor lost, a single cent in what he did. in the end many people will read what he posted. this is why i feel he's deviding the mopar community. he had, and still has the opportunity to do the right thing though. will he?, time will tell, but i'm not holding my breath. you know, it's that old saying, what comes around, goes around. mr hughes can now partake of a bit of attitude on our part. i don't feel bad for the abuse he's going to take over this, he chose this path. he can also change it at any time. i got no response from my e-mail to him, that tells me enough. by the way, he should know me by name as many times as we spoke on the phone. i did sign my e-mail. no response indicates to me that he doesn't give a rats behind about my past business with him, or any future business he would have gotten. there are so many options out here for most mopar parts now that i'm pretty confident i can fine another company to do business with. i think it's also likely they'll appreciate my business.

as a final note, after going over the rest of the dyno sheets and scrutinizing all of the info from the competition as well as our test pulls. i can see now that it's very likely we could have made more power with a different cam. in some cases those ultra fast lobes are not what's needed to make max power. we did make 677 hp and 628 tq. on that crap they call 92 octane. if the motor goes back together i think i could spec a better cam for this EM combo.

Re: Good Job #7425
12/01/03 09:10 PM
12/01/03 09:10 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, I have to admit, I havent been following the EM deal very closely, but I just read through most of the posts on this thing. It seems to me this is just a case of an inflated ego, as Mr. Hughes mentions about the guys on the EM team. He's right, there was a big ego at stake, but he should have been honest and admitted it was his. As far as the love note to the board goes, I counted at least 4 "duh"s, not the kind of crafty wording you would expect from a fairly well respected cam grinder. I am in agreement with the majority of the board, he DID shoot himself in the foot with the stroke of a keyboard. That dog won't hunt with me either.

Back to reading and learning,
JP

Re: Good Job #7426
12/01/03 10:14 PM
12/01/03 10:14 PM
E.Tenn.
R
road_runner Offline
super street
road_runner  Offline
super street
R

E.Tenn.
Well,I too,have unfortunately not been following the Engine Masters thing to closely & for that I'm truly sorry. It seems "our"guys did VERY WELL for themselves & us! Good Job!! I'm a performance shop owner & although I have never had any dealings w/h Mr. Hughes I have heard enough bad things to have known to stay away.No matter who you are someone is not always going to be pleased w/h things but after a while if you keep hearing bad stuff it can't ALL be due to a disgruntled customer or two.Something is going on that more people are mad than pleased & this is definitely the case w/h Hughes Engines.I don't know what he thought he could gain by his post on his website but that was financial suicide!! You don't have to be a business person to know that was CRAZY!! I'll stick w/h the guy that does my custom grinds for me or go to Hensley's for advice. Once again guys you are to be commended,for some "amateurs" you sure looked pretty professional to me,unlike some of the SO CALLED "pro's" You make me glad to be a member of Moparts.

Scott Noe
Noe's Performance

BTW,is there a site where we can view all the teams that participated,what engine combo they built & what the hp/torque was?

Re: Good Job #7427
12/01/03 10:50 PM
12/01/03 10:50 PM
Melbourne.....Oz-land
Moparmal Offline
master
Moparmal  Offline
master

Melbourne.....Oz-land
Quote:

he neither profited, nor lost, a single cent in what he did

Sorry DRAM can't agree on that, he lost one thing...his opportunity to push HIS product...hence the [censored] session...

67 RO23 clone with 6.1 SRT Hemi and dual quads. Soon to have Drag Pak induction and Throttle body.
Re: Good Job [Re: JohnRR] #7428
12/02/03 12:38 AM
12/02/03 12:38 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

welcome don , what may i asked directed you to our little corner of the 'net ???

One of your members pointed out the article and this thread. I just couldn't help but post.

I like it when people stick their necks out, and hate it when others sit on the sidelines and criticize them.

Don Terrill
www.SpeedTalk.com

Re: Good Job #7429
12/02/03 12:39 AM
12/02/03 12:39 AM
State College, PA
RyanJ Offline
moparts member
RyanJ  Offline
moparts member

State College, PA
Quote:

----Chinese Proverb

Don Terrill
www.SpeedTalk.com

Hey Don.... Good to see you registered. Ryan Johnson........

Re: Good Job #7430
12/02/03 01:06 AM
12/02/03 01:06 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don, I like your style!

These from Don's profile at Speedtalk.com

Personality Trait I Admire In People: Action - Someone who accomplishes.
Personality Trait I Dislike In People: Victimitis - The disease of thinking someone else is to blame for how your life turned out.

Man, do those ever fit. You'll make a nice addition to Moparts Don! Welcome.

Re: Good Job [Re: RyanJ] #7431
12/02/03 01:18 AM
12/02/03 01:18 AM
Renton Wa
T
topfueldart Offline
master
topfueldart  Offline
master
T

Renton Wa
I agree with the above, you gain nothing by burying the hatchet ... i would hold the grudge, seeing as how he chose to make it personal with us on moparts ... lets see how well hughes does without the support of 6500 members and word of mouth ..

COMP CAMS and SCOTT BROWN!

11.48 @ 120 with a 1.80 60' 318, stock 1.88 heads, stock 904, Pump Gas, 13 lbs of boost.

9.94 @ 134, 318 on pump gas, 14 lbs w/ Eddies, transbrake 727, 3600 lbs, 3.54 gear and 28's.
Re: Hughes Engines comments re: Moparts Engine Mas [Re: calmopar] #7432
12/02/03 01:23 AM
12/02/03 01:23 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After reading this post it is obvious to me , this "Hughes" character is a real dic% in plain english...just my 2 cents.

Re: Good Job [Re: topfueldart] #7433
12/02/03 10:01 AM
12/02/03 10:01 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

you gain nothing by burying the hatchet ...

Actually by burying the hatchet you gain the respect of those that realize you are a class act. It is easy to hold a grudge, not so easy to let it go.

At this point it is no longer what *that* person said. He has already dug his hole. Very few of those that have read this topic are going to support *that* business.

How does holding a grudge improve the situation in any way? Unless of course someone gains a sense of betterment by feeding the flames of anger. I think the point has been made.

That is my opinion at least

Re: Good Job #7434
12/02/03 10:10 AM
12/02/03 10:10 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
any burying of the hatchect would only involve removal of this topic and his article , nothing more on my part . after that the cards fall where they may . he made his bed , he has to lie in it .

Re: Good Job #7435
12/02/03 10:49 AM
12/02/03 10:49 AM
Upper Midwest
M
MoparforLife Offline
Too Many Posts
MoparforLife  Offline
Too Many Posts
M

Upper Midwest
Quote:

Quote:

you gain nothing by burying the hatchet ...

Actually by burying the hatchet you gain the respect of those that realize you are a class act. It is easy to hold a grudge, not so easy to let it go.

At this point it is no longer what *that* person said. He has already dug his hole. Very few of those that have read this topic are going to support *that* business.

How does holding a grudge improve the situation in any way? Unless of course someone gains a sense of betterment by feeding the flames of anger. I think the point has been made.

That is my opinion at least

I agree that this has gone on far enough. I deleted one post but it it time to state my thoughts again.
I have dealt with Dave and the guys at Hughes and am satisfied with the service and the product. I may have thought that I got the run around a couple of times but in the end it came out alright. My heads I sent for cores they said were junk. Maybe they were I didn't mag them but cleaned them up and visually checked them.
Yes dave came on strong and could have said the same thing in few more discreat words without possibly ruffling any feathers. I also feel that there are some here who don't want this string to die and are trying there damnedest to kill someones business and not wanting to admit that maybe - just maybe they were somewhat at fault.
As far the post about the little notice on Hughes sight about if you bought it from Summit, Jeggs or somewhere else, this is not a first. I have seen this many places. I have worked places that have told people that have gone some where else to samve a buck or think that they got a better deal and then come to us when they have a problem. They have been told to take it back to where they got it. If it were a warrenty item we were compeled to fix it - but there was nothing saying when. It was back burner time.

Clean it, if it's Dirty. Oil it, if it Squeaks. But: Don't fix it, if it Works!
Re: Good Job [Re: JohnRR] #7436
12/02/03 11:07 AM
12/02/03 11:07 AM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
I like that idea John, but judging from his past actions...Huey ain't gonna play dat.

He'll want something in return, or plain refuse to do it.

Worth a shot, but could result in more pain with no gain.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16