M
mshred Offline OP
master
mshred  Offline OP
master
M

Toronto
Hey guys,

looking for alignment specs for a 1971 plymouth a-body. The car will be setup for street strip (mostly street use). I have the service manual and mopar performance chassis manual as well (old one) but im wondering if i should disregard their suggestions and if there is something newer/better/ safer than what has been previously recommended

thanks!
Mathew

Re: Need alignment specs [Re: mshred] #708979
05/27/10 05:16 AM
05/27/10 05:16 AM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
check tire pressures to where you want them at. Set your weight in barbells in the drivers seat and crank up the t bars to get the ride height to where the front wheels/tires look right in the wheel wells and your personal preference (jounce the front end after each height change). slide the barbells over to the pass side and drive it to the alignment shop & pull the weights back over to the drivers seat. Tell the tech not to change the ride height. Camber to zero and as much positive caster as he can get (which wont be much) and I'd highly recommend Moog's offset UCA bushings installed not according to the directions but to get the most positive caster. Not sure when in the process toe in gets set but 1/16" toe in. Slip him a twenty to take some extra care of your baby and tell him to tighten the UCA cam bolt nuts TIGHT when he is done. Almost forgot, have the cam bolt nuts/LCA tapered stud front nuts kind of loose until the ride height is set

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth
Re: Need alignment specs [Re: RapidRobert] #708980
05/27/10 04:17 PM
05/27/10 04:17 PM
Toronto
M
mshred Offline OP
master
mshred  Offline OP
master
M

Toronto
thanks for the info! ill be doing the alignment myself with the help of my father who is a mechanic at a friends shop. I was just wondering if there are updated specs out there.

thanks a bunch!
Matthew