organ
M
maximum entropy Offline OP
master
maximum entropy  Offline OP
master
M

organ
anyone here ever have a problem with them cracking? i just had one crack badly around the outer bolt holes adjacent to the center exhaust ports. the engine had been severely beaten (see engine builder's lamentations if you're interested in the synopsis). all my info is second hand, unfortunately, but i'd never heard of a cracking problem on these heads (under "normal" use).

for what is the good life if not doing things thoughtfully?
Re: stealth heads... [Re: maximum entropy] #697897
05/14/10 10:45 PM
05/14/10 10:45 PM
Puyallup, WA
S
StealthWedge67 Offline
master
StealthWedge67  Offline
master
S

Puyallup, WA
I think I've seen one post here in the past showing a broken / cracked one, but If I remember right, it came off a grenaded motor (???). I just bought a set of Stealths this last winter. Before I did, I scoured this and most other boards looking for reviews. I don't ever remember seeing any consistant complaints about cracking. I read your other post, and think its safe to chalk this one up to an idiot car owner. Don't sweat it, man. Just move on.

LemonWedge - Street heavy / Strip ready - 11.07 @ 120
Re: stealth heads... [Re: maximum entropy] #697898
05/14/10 10:47 PM
05/14/10 10:47 PM
Mooresburg, Tn
'
'72CudaRacer Offline
top fuel
'72CudaRacer  Offline
top fuel
'

Mooresburg, Tn
Karl,
I bought my Stealths used because one cracked like you said.
Fellow racer bought a set of Stealths, made 4 passes and one cracked on the outside (his words, it cracked in half!). He had had the heads for a couple of months and didn't think that 440 source would do any thing about it. He bought a set of edelbrocks, put them on, ran one TnT night and pitched a rod through the side of the block. When he took it to his engine builder to get another block done he told the builder about the Stealths, builder sugested that he call 440 source. He was asked to send pic's, they sent him a new head.
I was told by 440 source before I bought mine that they had a problem with a run of heads, that some people got two bad heads, some got one, most got no bad heads, and that the supplier was standing behind them.
I don't know how old these heads (yours) are or how long you/he has had them, but I would suguest that you call 440 source. Worst they can do is say no.
I got one head brand new in the box and one with 4 passes, so far so good. I've made 55 1/8 mile passes (one the air shifter malfunctioned and turned the engine over 8 grand) running 6.60's at 103 plus MPH.

Brian