04/16/10 11:58 PM
04/16/10 11:58 PM
In.
B
bjg Offline OP
bjg  Offline OP
B

In.
Does anyone sell reproduction broadcast sheets that you can feel in yourself? 69 gtx

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: bjg] #671997
04/17/10 12:25 AM
04/17/10 12:25 AM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
ScottSmith_Harms  Offline
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
There is no such thing as a reproduction, you either have the original or you have a fake (and regardless of what ANYONE tells you, the fakes can be spotted) so don't let anyone kid you into thinking otherwise, especially a guy named Daryl from Arizona (whom I'm sure will be contacting you shortly).

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #671998
04/17/10 12:32 AM
04/17/10 12:32 AM
colorado
A
a12superbee Offline
master
a12superbee  Offline
master
A

colorado
Ibtl.

I can't afford this. mark
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: bjg] #671999
04/17/10 12:33 AM
04/17/10 12:33 AM
Garden Grove, CA
OzHemi Offline
Penguin-hating Ginger
OzHemi  Offline
Penguin-hating Ginger

Garden Grove, CA
Knock yourself out if you want a fake one to play around with

http://www.moparts.org/Tech/tech/logos/build-sheet69.pdf

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #672000
04/17/10 09:54 AM
04/17/10 09:54 AM
Chicago Blackhawks
H
hemicar1971 Offline
master
hemicar1971  Offline
master
H

Chicago Blackhawks
There might not be a Broadcast Sheet known as a reproduction but there are perfect fake broadcast sheets that are with cars and the ones I know about have been out in the public for years with all content and fonts being correct to a mopar broadcast sheet.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: hemicar1971] #672001
04/17/10 10:29 AM
04/17/10 10:29 AM
Alabama
BigMoneyLewis Offline
master
BigMoneyLewis  Offline
master

Alabama
Reproduction documentation is BAD NEWS for the entire hobby.

Greg

gregward@mchsi.com phone 256-852-0955
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: hemicar1971] #672002
04/17/10 11:04 AM
04/17/10 11:04 AM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Quote:

There might not be a Broadcast Sheet known as a reproduction but there are perfect fake broadcast sheets that are with cars and the ones I know about have been out in the public for years with all content and fonts being correct to a mopar broadcast sheet.

Counterfiet paper products can usually be outed fairly easily (money included). Sure, some fakes are better than others, but there is no way to make a "perfect" reproduction broadcast sheet, some experts may not even catch it initially, but if it gets down to doing some real scrutiny there's always ways to tell. BTW, just because nobody has said anything about the sheets/cars you mentioned does not mean that they haven'nt been recognized as fakes.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #672003
04/17/10 11:55 AM
04/17/10 11:55 AM
In.
B
bjg Offline OP
bjg  Offline OP
B

In.
Just to let everyone know I not out to put a broadcast sheet to my car and claim it as a original, I just wanting one to fill out for my own. I thought it might be neat to do.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: bjg] #672004
04/17/10 11:56 AM
04/17/10 11:56 AM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington

Quote:

Just to let everyone know I not out to put a broadcast sheet to my car and claim it as a original, I just wanting one to fill out for my own. I thought it might be neat to do.

Perfect, here you go!

Quote:

Knock yourself out if you want a fake one to play around with

http://www.moparts.org/Tech/tech/logos/build-sheet69.pdf

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #672005
04/17/10 01:53 PM
04/17/10 01:53 PM
In.
B
bjg Offline OP
bjg  Offline OP
B

In.
Thanks That is the one that I found last night. Your right it is not like the originals.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: bjg] #672006
04/17/10 02:43 PM
04/17/10 02:43 PM
Central Coast, Calif.
S
Snoopy Offline
master
Snoopy  Offline
master
S

Central Coast, Calif.
If you are not interested in trying to fool someone, do like I did and make your own. My original broadcast sheet was printed on a 69 sheet and rather than use an overlay to translate my sheet, I made a 70 sheet using Microsoft Excel. It wouldn't fool a blind man but it served my purpose.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #672007
04/17/10 04:45 PM
04/17/10 04:45 PM
Chicago Blackhawks
H
hemicar1971 Offline
master
hemicar1971  Offline
master
H

Chicago Blackhawks
Well one of the cars I am talking about had changed hands with many an expert in the Mopar Hobby since 1979. The owner at present found out from a few caring friends that there was a problem with the car and the broadcast sheet and fender tag. The original broadcast sheet was shown to him via a photo copy, and since then the owner has now taken the options off the car and this car is now represented the way it was built at the factory.The serial number was never altered. I am not going to spill the beans on what car it is or was,but it has been returned to its sold new state. I am one that does not like this fraud that goes on in the car hobby. It is usually only done for the gain of money when someone sells their vehicle.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: Snoopy] #672008
04/19/10 07:59 AM
04/19/10 07:59 AM
Highland, Michigan
1972Rallye Offline
super stock
1972Rallye  Offline
super stock

Highland, Michigan
Quote:

If you are not interested in trying to fool someone, do like I did and make your own. My original broadcast sheet was printed on a 69 sheet and rather than use an overlay to translate my sheet, I made a 70 sheet using Microsoft Excel. It wouldn't fool a blind man but it served my purpose.

That's what I did. It turned out better than the one in the link posted earlier. I did '69 through '73 with both '70 versions.

Just to keep some fool from trying to pass it off as original, I put "Reproduction - for reference only" across it.

Last edited by 1972Rallye; 04/19/10 08:01 AM.
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #672009
04/19/10 03:17 PM
04/19/10 03:17 PM
west kentucky
G
gomangoRTSE Offline
pro stock
gomangoRTSE  Offline
pro stock
G

west kentucky
Quote:

There is no such thing as a reproduction, you either have the original or you have a fake (and regardless of what ANYONE tells you, the fakes can be spotted) so don't let anyone kid you into thinking otherwise, especially a guy named Daryl from Arizona (whom I'm sure will be contacting you shortly).

Then I take it using your terminology, our vendors here are selling "FAKE" parts for our cars, not reproduction. Hmmm that kinda sounds phony doesnt it. Our vendors selling FAKE weatherstripping, fake seat covers, fake carpet, fake stickers, fake stripes. This concept gives me pause......things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Fake: to trick or deceive (an opponent) by making a fake (often fol. by out):

prepare or make (something specious, deceptive, or fraudulent

"You either have original, or you have a fake."
I dont see in the websites including yours where FAKE is mentioned. It says reproduction, and if it isnt original its fake.....

PS, no I dont sell anything, neither fake or reproduction anything, so I have no position other than to address if its "not original, it fake." To say there is no such thing as a reproduction or its a fake, while all along selling reproduction parts.......well isnt that sorta shooting yourself in the foot. No matter if its authorized, approved, licensed, if its a reproduction its fake.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: BigMoneyLewis] #672010
04/19/10 03:22 PM
04/19/10 03:22 PM
west kentucky
G
gomangoRTSE Offline
pro stock
gomangoRTSE  Offline
pro stock
G

west kentucky
Quote:

Reproduction documentation is BAD NEWS for the entire hobby.

Greg

Tell this to ECS. Its all in the disclosure gentleman. It is paramount to disclose that to the purchaser or subsequent purchasers that documentation (or take it one step further) part or parts, whatever it may be is reproduction. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: gomangoRTSE] #672011
04/19/10 03:26 PM
04/19/10 03:26 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington

Quote:

Then I take it using your terminology, our vendors here are selling "FAKE" parts for our cars, not reproduction. Hmmm that kinda sounds phony doesnt it. Our vendors selling FAKE weatherstripping, fake seat covers, fake carpet, fake stickers, fake stripes. This concept gives me pause......things that make you go hmmmmmm.

I dont see in the websites including yours where FAKE is mentioned. It says reproduction, and if it isnt original its fake.....

PS, no I dont sell anything, neither fake or reproduction anything, so I have no position other than to address if its "not original, it fake." To say there is no such thing as a reproduction or its a fake, while all along selling reproduction parts.......well isnt that sorta shooting yourself in the foot. No matter if its authorized, approved, licensed, if its a reproduction its fake.

Take it any way you want. Replacement parts and a cars documentation are two entirely different subjects, ESPECIALLY when talking about a Broadcast Sheet or other similar document which can be used to alter a cars original history. This has nothing to do with me or others selling reproduction parts. As mentioned above, fake (non original, reproduction, whatever, call it what you like) replacement documents are nothing but poison to our hobby.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #672012
04/19/10 04:26 PM
04/19/10 04:26 PM
the house on the left.
C
cogen80 Offline
master
cogen80  Offline
master
C

the house on the left.
where is that 66hemi guy? he will straighten this out. lol

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: gomangoRTSE] #672013
04/19/10 06:11 PM
04/19/10 06:11 PM
SE Pa.
L
LimeliteAero Offline
master
LimeliteAero  Offline
master
L

SE Pa.
Quote:

Quote:

seriously! you cant see the difference between documents and parts?

looking for the shaking head in disbelief smiley.........

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: LimeliteAero] #672014
04/19/10 09:29 PM
04/19/10 09:29 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Broadcast sheets/Build sheets/Bingo Cards/etc.... were never intended to be considered documentation. They were nothing more than a parts component build sheet for the assembly line worker and "trash" after it served it's purpose. The reality is that we as a Hobby have made them an iconic piece of the car when in reality they do not add any value or significance to the ACTUAL vehicle whatsoever. A Birth Certificate is a "document". How many of you consider your Birth Certificate to be more important than you are? If you lost your Birth Certificate would you be any less of a human being? Would your worth or value as a person somehow become less significant? Of course not! How did something that was considered trash (at the time) become the main icon and value indicator for our cars? There must have been someone who decided THEY would write the rules and like a bunch of sheep everybody followed their "self serving" cause!

It amazes me how some think that an original unmolested factory vehicle is less valuable if it doesn't have a build-sheet. Somewhere in this process we have become brainwashed into thinking that the car is "more valuable" because an assembly line worker left their "trash" hidden in the vehicle. The fact of the matter is that they were too lazy to throw it away and were probably tired of having their trash bin emptied throughout their shift. I realize that it helps to identify the options that came on a car but why should a car that is 100% original be worth more (or less) because of a piece of "trash"? Haven't we got this backwards? Shouldn't the vehicle "wag the tail" rather than the opposite? Also, why do most Hobbyist believe that a restored vehicle, with a non original Engine, Transmission, Rear-end, Interior, Body Panels, etc.... be more "valuable" because it has an original broadcast sheet?! I don't know about the rest of you but "who" and "what" I am characterizes me as a person, NOT the piece of paper that was used to document my birth! Sad to think that any of us would be worth less if we lost our Birth Certificate and had to apply for another copy. If that happened, would we be considered sub-human, clone or a fake?

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672015
04/19/10 09:35 PM
04/19/10 09:35 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Careful there Dave.....

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12