04/08/10 12:28 PM
04/08/10 12:28 PM
Akron, Ohio U.S.A.
roadhazard Offline
master
roadhazard  Offline
master

Akron, Ohio U.S.A.
Bill, send it in for repair. It's not a junk pump and the parts that need replacing are what I consider "consumeables". There's nothing wrong with the motor, pump body or anything else.

If you go a different route then sell the pump to me and I can get rid of my 2 Holley Blue Pumps that I've had for years. You wouldn't believe how low budget my ride really is

Re: THAT'S IT. I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS FUEL PUMP [Re: rickstershemi] #664174
04/08/10 12:35 PM
04/08/10 12:35 PM
BROOK PARK, OH
WILD BILL Offline OP
Senior Member of the Junior Dragster Club
WILD BILL  Offline OP

BROOK PARK, OH
Gentelmen, Please don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to bash BG or say they have bad pumps. I'm refering to this one pump alone. That's all.

Can I understand their buisness pactices, sure. That doesn't mean I have to agree with them. Does their stuff do the job, Obviously or there wouldn't be so many people running tham.

Please don't take my frustrations with this one used swap meet pump as I'm trying to condem the whole company. Had I bought it new I highly doubt I'ld be in the pickle I'm in.

It wasn't new. I have no idea of the history and that's soley why I'm going with a new pump at the point.

Re: THAT'S IT. I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS FUEL PUMP [Re: WILD BILL] #664175
04/08/10 12:54 PM
04/08/10 12:54 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline
master
rickstershemi  Offline
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

Gentelmen, Please don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to bash BG or say they have bad pumps. I'm refering to this one pump alone. That's all.

Can I understand their buisness pactices, sure. That doesn't mean I have to agree with them. Does their stuff do the job, Obviously or there wouldn't be so many people running tham.

Please don't take my frustrations with this one used swap meet pump as I'm trying to condem the whole company. Had I bought it new I highly doubt I'ld be in the pickle I'm in.

It wasn't new. I have no idea of the history and that's soley why I'm going with a new pump at the point.

I don't think anyone here thinks you are Bill, just trying to be helpfull

Rickster

Re: THAT'S IT. I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS FUEL PUMP [Re: rickstershemi] #664176
04/08/10 02:05 PM
04/08/10 02:05 PM
USA
Ron Silva Offline
top fuel
Ron Silva  Offline
top fuel

USA
It was explained to me on the phone why the mounting makes a differnece and it made perfect sense to me then. Something like the ammeture/rotor have a certain amount of float to them and because of their weight , if it is mounted sideways or upside down that will trash the seal. It was designed to be mounted upright.

If you get a new pump, or rebuild this one, do yourself a favor and mount it upright.

SRT DEMON ONE SEAT
Re: THAT'S IT. I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS FUEL PUMP [Re: rickstershemi] #664177
04/08/10 02:54 PM
04/08/10 02:54 PM
BROOK PARK, OH
WILD BILL Offline OP
WILD BILL  Offline OP

BROOK PARK, OH
Quote:

Quote:

I don't think anyone here thinks you are Bill, just trying to be helpfull

Rickster

Thanks Rick. I just wanted to be clear just in case someone might have read it the wrong way.

I do appreciate everyones help. That's what were all here for right? Help and supprot.

Thank you all

Re: THAT'S IT. I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS FUEL PUMP [Re: Ron Silva] #664178
04/08/10 03:48 PM
04/08/10 03:48 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:

It was explained to me on the phone why the mounting makes a differnece and it made perfect sense to me then. Something like the ammeture/rotor have a certain amount of float to them and because of their weight , if it is mounted sideways or upside down that will trash the seal. It was designed to be mounted upright.

If you get a new pump, or rebuild this one, do yourself a favor and mount it upright.

Ck out the post by Tech@BG, he didn't mention that? web page

Re: THAT'S IT. I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS FUEL PUMP [Re: Challenger 1] #664179
04/08/10 04:15 PM
04/08/10 04:15 PM
USA
Ron Silva Offline
top fuel
Ron Silva  Offline
top fuel

USA
Quote:

Quote:

Ck out the post by [Email]Tech@BG[/Email], he didn't mention that? web page

Not every tech at any given manufacturer thinks the same or has the same knowledge.

That being said, the poster admitted the INSTRUCTIONS say to mount it vertically and the TECH did say on here they want it that way so the motor won't fill with fuel.

If you still want to question this or mount yours sideways then please don't come on here complaining.........

SRT DEMON ONE SEAT
Re: THAT'S IT. I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS FUEL PUMP [Re: Ron Silva] #664180
04/08/10 04:45 PM
04/08/10 04:45 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not every tech at any given manufacturer thinks the same or has the same knowledge.

That being said, the poster admitted the INSTRUCTIONS say to mount it vertically and the TECH did say on here they want it that way so the motor won't fill with fuel.

If you still want to question this or mount yours sideways then please don't come on here complaining.........

Are you sure??

Re: THAT'S IT. I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS FUEL PUMP [Re: Challenger 1] #664181
04/08/10 05:49 PM
04/08/10 05:49 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline
master
rickstershemi  Offline
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Are you sure??

Not sure what you read, but from what I read it CLEARLY proves to me their pumps are meant to be mounted vertically and that is backed up in the 400 instructions....where specifically are you having a problem with this

Rickster

Re: THAT'S IT. I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS FUEL PUMP [Re: rickstershemi] #664182
04/08/10 09:06 PM
04/08/10 09:06 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Are you sure??

Not sure what you read, but from what I read it CLEARLY proves to me their pumps are meant to be mounted vertically and that is backed up in the 400 instructions....where specifically are you having a problem with this

Rickster

I'm just messing with his head, I don't have any problem.
I always follow the manufacturer instructions, they know there products better than me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2