Newport, Mi
Evil Spirit Offline
master
Evil Spirit  Offline
master

Newport, Mi
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the info Dave. I wonder if Dodge will try to get Kasey Kahne back in the fold once his contract is up at the end of the season. I know Mopar & Dodge sponsors his World of Outlaws sprint car and USAC midget teams. Can your friend shed any light on this?

I'll ask him but we didn't discuss Kasey but you are probably right that Dodge would like to have him back. If you've been to a race, you know how popular he is, especially with the women.

Kahne didn't jump ship - Petty Motorsports, who Kasey is under contract to drive for (through this year), did. So don't blame Kasey for driving a Ford - blame "King Richard". And as openly vocal as Kahne has been with the lack of direction at RPM last year, unless there are BIG changes made there he will probably be driving for someone else next year; Stewart-Haas being one of the frontrunners.

As to there being "90%" Toyotas in NASCAR, there are 54 cars entered into the Daytona 500; 17(31%) Chevys, 13(24%) Fords, 6(11%) Dodges, and 18(33%) Toyotas; granted - more Toyotas than I would like to see, but nowhere near the "90%" that a few of the other posts suggest.

Free advice and worth every penny...
Factory trained Slinky rewinder.........
Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: 11secdart] #604900
02/07/10 08:03 AM
02/07/10 08:03 AM
NH
torredcuda Offline
super stock
torredcuda  Offline
super stock

NH
Quote:

90% of the field is Toyotas now maybe their gas pedals will stick like the street versions and cause some cool crashes.

and Nascar wonders why thier ratings have dropped!

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: TheOtherDodge] #604901
02/07/10 10:15 AM
02/07/10 10:15 AM
Shelbyville, TN USA
40ford Offline
mopar addict
40ford  Offline
mopar addict

Shelbyville, TN USA
It all comes down to money----and Dodge has the least amount to spend----and has the least amount of cars running their brand. Toyota spends a lot, a lot of money on factory support. Ford spends a lot too, GM still spends a lot(although how I don't know considering the government backing). Dodge has just lost too much money to continue Nascar funding. Ddoge has also cut back on NHRA funding as well.

Forget about "brand loyality" of the racers----it just doesn't exist for most racers, it's all about the money. There are a few exceptions but not many.

Like most of you, I would like to see the race cars more closely resemble the actual cars driven on the streets---but I also understand the reasons for the Nascar specifications. Todays street versions would not be safe at superspeedway speeds and aerodynamics greatly influence the performance of today's race cars.

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: actionange] #604902
02/07/10 10:25 AM
02/07/10 10:25 AM
Down South
DaKuda Offline
super stock
DaKuda  Offline
super stock

Down South
Quote:

Quote:

90% of the field is Toyotas now maybe their gas pedals will stick like the street versions and cause some cool crashes.

I've driven my 2007 Camry over 100k and it still hasn't stuck! By VIN it's one that has the dreaded gas pedal problem. Wish it would so I can go for a wild ride or...

Thats the only way to go for a "wild ride" in a Camry...

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: 40ford] #604903
02/07/10 10:40 AM
02/07/10 10:40 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Quote:

Todays street versions would not be safe at superspeedway speeds and aerodynamics greatly influence the performance of today's race cars.

I thought the reason they have a gas pedal is so when the DRIVER thinks he is going too fast (ie unsafe) he lifts a little, until HE feels safe. And since the aero qualities of real stock cars is so poor, they have much more drag and likely somewhat slower anyway. I'll take stock looking over front ground dragging splitters anyday. Cars race fine on slick surfaces (rain, dirt, etc) without aero grip, they will do fine in NASCAR, just lacking the will, IMO.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: jcc] #604904
02/07/10 12:24 PM
02/07/10 12:24 PM
Mopar Lane,Mississippi
67HEMI Offline
super stock
67HEMI  Offline
super stock

Mopar Lane,Mississippi
Mark Martin is a good example of brand loyalty going by the wayside. Raced Fords forever,owns a Ford dealership and now is racing a chevy. And thanks to him Dodges finished last and next to last in the Bud shootout

'33 Plymouth 5 Window Coupe Blown Aluminum HEMI w/bolt ons (under construction) '69 Chrysler 300 Convertible 375 HP 440 '71 Plymouth Duster 360 W/EFI (Wife's Ride) '12 Ram MegaCab Dually 6.7 Cummins
Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: jcc] #604905
02/07/10 12:26 PM
02/07/10 12:26 PM
new jersey usa
11secdart Offline
master
11secdart  Offline
master

new jersey usa
I didn`t have time to sit down with a calculator like you and figure out the actual percentage of Toyotas. All I know is there are too many Toyotas and not enough Dodges for me which is why I have no real interest in Nascar anymore.

68 Dart 410 / 904
92 D150 original owner
21 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, Big Horn , Hemi ,4x4
23 Audi Q5
16 Honda HRV
Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: jcc] #604906
02/07/10 12:37 PM
02/07/10 12:37 PM
Richmond , Virginia
BEEQUIK Offline
top fuel
BEEQUIK  Offline
top fuel

Richmond , Virginia
Maybe Nascar will go bankrupt and then the gov't can bail them out . then a new racing class will start called U.S.CAR.Then we can go fast,we can go back to the car of yesterday,and swear without being fined,and all will be back to normal!!

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: BEEQUIK] #604907
02/07/10 12:56 PM
02/07/10 12:56 PM
Ohio
T
theclutcher Offline
top fuel
theclutcher  Offline
top fuel
T

Ohio
Need that new sanctioning body and class and no Boogie Boogie Boogie narrator.

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: BEEQUIK] #604908
02/07/10 03:16 PM
02/07/10 03:16 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Quote:

Maybe Nascar will go bankrupt and then the gov't can bail them out . then a new racing class will start called U.S.CAR.Then we can go fast,we can go back to the car of yesterday,and swear without being fined,and all will be back to normal!!

Only thing I would add, get rid of the drivers perfect pretty boy $150 haircuts and just drive.
Bet RP never spent $150 his whole racing career on harircuts.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: TheOtherDodge] #604909
02/07/10 04:51 PM
02/07/10 04:51 PM
Charlotte, NC
L
LSP Offline
pro stock
LSP  Offline
pro stock
L

Charlotte, NC
Be thankful that Dodge has the 6 cars, on the engine side, Dodge Motorsports' engineering is down to 1 guy.

There is NO brand loyalty among any driver, it's about nothing but following the $$$$$$$.

And if anyone's thinking that all NASCAR drivers are chosen by teams because they are fastest on the track.............wrong, some are, but quite a few aren't. Depend's on how fat daddy's checkbook is. There are short track guys that can run circles around clowns like Reed Sorenson, Casey Mears, etc, but they don't get the ride, cause they won't, or can't write the check, sad but true.

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: LSP] #604910
02/07/10 05:06 PM
02/07/10 05:06 PM
SK,Canada
gregsrt Offline
top fuel
gregsrt  Offline
top fuel

SK,Canada
I think they should get away from the family sedan/C.O.T and switch to a 2 door car, Challenger, Mustang, Camaro, Avalon and get away from the C.O.T design and that would make it more interesting

An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations down to a town meeting or a vestry. Thomas Jefferson
Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: gregsrt] #604911
02/07/10 05:12 PM
02/07/10 05:12 PM
Charlotte, NC
L
LSP Offline
pro stock
LSP  Offline
pro stock
L

Charlotte, NC
Quote:

I think they should get away from the family sedan/C.O.T and switch to a 2 door car, Challenger, Mustang, Camaro, Avalon and get away from the C.O.T design and that would make it more interesting

The new Nationwide Series cars will Challengers and Mustangs, GM is still the same for some reason though.

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: b1dartsport] #604912
02/07/10 07:23 PM
02/07/10 07:23 PM
Rittman Ohio
fourgearsavoy Offline
I Live Here
fourgearsavoy  Offline
I Live Here

Rittman Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

90% of the field is Toyotas

Absolutely disgusting...

Yea,probably within the next couple of years the other 10% will be Hyundais and Maybe we will end up having the Tokyo & Seoul 500s

Either you guys are retarded or to stupid to count
Chevy 18 cars
Toyota 17 cars
Ford 13 cars
And bringing up the rear is Dodge 6 cars
Them NASCAR boys down south will use whatever is the best fit for the sponsor(you know the ones who make it possible to race)and has little to do with brand loyalty.
Like I always say there are only a small handful of guys in this board that can tell these engines apart without the sheet metal.There is no difference in these cars anyway so why cry about it
If Toyota can keep a team afloat for a full season putting guys like us to work in race shops then it's all good.
Gus

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60
Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: fourgearsavoy] #604913
02/07/10 09:20 PM
02/07/10 09:20 PM
pana illinois
B
bigblock4x4 Offline
mopar
bigblock4x4  Offline
mopar
B

pana illinois
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Absolutely disgusting...

Yea,probably within the next couple of years the other 10% will be Hyundais and Maybe we will end up having the Tokyo & Seoul 500s

Chevy 18 cars
Toyota 17 cars
Ford 13 cars
Them NASCAR boys down south will use whatever is the best fit for the sponsor(you know the ones who make it possible to race)and has little to do with brand loyalty.
Like I always say there are only a small handful of guys in this board that can tell these engines apart without the sheet metal.There is no difference in these cars anyway so why cry about it
If Toyota can keep a team afloat for a full season putting guys like us to work in race shops then it's all good.
Gus

their really is no difference what we all think,petty corp.suck,kasey kahne is a pu** for not telling petty to go to h***when he switched over to those JUNK FORDS,I hope he wrecks his car every race he is in and a toyota wrecks him just dont want him too get hurt though.i dont know why anyone on moparts forums would be upholdin toyotas unless he/she were an uncle tom and deep down inside they were traitors too our brand.I have made a few mistakes by driving brand x vehicles but,at least,they were american built.Dang we gotta stick together either you are a mopar man or your not ya cant ride the fence

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: bigblock4x4] #604914
02/07/10 10:44 PM
02/07/10 10:44 PM
md
M
mopars4ever Online content
I Live Here
mopars4ever  Online Content
I Live Here
M

md
Will be a lot less fans in the stands with all the rice burners doing circles.

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: bigblock4x4] #604915
02/07/10 10:48 PM
02/07/10 10:48 PM
Rittman Ohio
fourgearsavoy Offline
I Live Here
fourgearsavoy  Offline
I Live Here

Rittman Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Absolutely disgusting...

Chevy 18 cars
Toyota 17 cars
Ford 13 cars
Gus

their really is no difference what we all think,petty corp.suck,kasey kahne is a pu** for not telling petty to go to h***when he switched over to those JUNK FORDS,I hope he wrecks his car every race he is in and a toyota wrecks him just dont want him too get hurt though.i dont know why anyone on moparts forums would be upholdin toyotas unless he/she were an uncle tom and deep down inside they were traitors too our brand.I have made a few mistakes by driving brand x vehicles but,at least,they were american built.Dang we gotta stick together either you are a mopar man or your not ya cant ride the fence

Well I don't ride any fences but I do earn a very nice living wrenching on Toyota cars and trucks for a living.With this money I buy parts from many suppliers on this board so whats wrong with that
I was trying to point out that there is NOT 90% Toyotas in NASCAR. If you knew anything you would know that GM and Ford have dominated the sport for decades.Obviously there is something wrong with Dodge because nobody wants to run them Maybe in your infinite wisdom about the auto industry you could enlighten me to the problem with Dodge and why nobody will race them in NASCAR.
Gus

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60
Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: LSP] #604916
02/07/10 11:49 PM
02/07/10 11:49 PM
Shelbyville, TN USA
40ford Offline
mopar addict
40ford  Offline
mopar addict

Shelbyville, TN USA
You just exposed one of the best kept, most dreadful secrets in Nascar----rides are often bought, especially in trucks and Busch series. I am sure some are bought in Cup as well. The going price in trucks several years ago was $50K/race ( 1 Mil/yr.)plus repair, etc. I am sure the price has gone up in the past few years.

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: fourgearsavoy] #604917
02/08/10 12:01 AM
02/08/10 12:01 AM
northeast texas
S
strokin73cuda Offline
enthusiast
strokin73cuda  Offline
enthusiast
S

northeast texas
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Absolutely disgusting...

Chevy 18 cars
Toyota 17 cars
Ford 13 cars
Gus

Well I don't ride any fences but I do earn a very nice living wrenching on Toyota cars and trucks for a living.With this money I buy parts from many suppliers on this board so whats wrong with that
I was trying to point out that there is NOT 90% Toyotas in NASCAR. If you knew anything you would know that GM and Ford have dominated the sport for decades.Obviously there is something wrong with Dodge because nobody wants to run them Maybe in your infinite wisdom about the auto industry you could enlighten me to the problem with Dodge and why nobody will race them in NASCAR.
Gus

I am no racer or even engine builder butt I can do as you ask. Nothing is wrong with Ma Mopar, just that the buck is not her favor. We all know with the restrictions on the cars it gives more favor to some cars and not so much to others, this leaves driving a big factor, who's the best driver? I used to watch it religiously with my dad (RIP) 20 plus years ago, not anymore. But now that the playing field is equal and Danica can be competitive in nascar though I think shes fine just the way she is just goes to prove this. The car companies have been owned by our gov. scince the early 70s face it.

496 stroker,Indy srs , new best 6.87 @ 98 1.46 60'
Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: strokin73cuda] #604918
02/08/10 08:43 AM
02/08/10 08:43 AM
Amherst , Ohio
1972cudaguy Offline
Basement Office
1972cudaguy  Offline
Basement Office

Amherst , Ohio
even more reason to cheer the underdogs , hope Penske & Dodge working together can show what can be done on a smaller budget rather than Toyota just coming in & throwing all kinds of cash around .

That's what I think finally pushed Tony into starting his own team , he hated saying "my Camry did this & that"

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4