intragration  Offline
enthusiast
I

midwest
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow! that's hard to believe they wouldn't stand behind their stuff like that.

I posted to try and help somebody to avoid the same BS experience I went through...
Everything is fine until you have an issue, clearly their product was defective and they did absolutely nothing to address this...

If I had the time and was located more closely, I would have paid them personal visit..

Just my $0.01..

This is what I don't understand... They guarantee their steering boxes for a year, did they refuse to fix it under this policy? When you say they did "nothing", what exactly did you ask for which they refused to do? I'm all for clarifying this, so that nobody gets burned.

Check my original post in this thread from January...
Their box leaked and they wanted me to pay the freight back, the real burner was their arrogance...
The box was bad and they supplied zippo support for freight plus they wanted me to eat the labor, without any substantiation the next box was any better. The car would have set for another 2 weeks while they jacked around..

A customer responsive company would have sent down a UPS call tag, and sent down a replacment overnite..

If I had the time I would have made a separate trip back up there to chuck the box through their front window..

Just my $0.01..

I don't think any company would comp you for the labor, the return shipping maybe I can see, but it says right on their site that they don't do this. I wasn't privy to your conversation with them so I don't know how things went down, but it sounds like they followed their published policy. That's all I was getting at. I hope your new box works out, it's frustrating when you put all kinds of new parts on your car and something doesn't work right...

Re: Which Firm Feel Box? [Re: intragration] #585422
04/25/10 10:01 AM
04/25/10 10:01 AM
So Cal
Sinitro Offline
master
Sinitro  Offline
master

So Cal
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow! that's hard to believe they wouldn't stand behind their stuff like that.

I posted to try and help somebody to avoid the same BS experience I went through...
Everything is fine until you have an issue, clearly their product was defective and they did absolutely nothing to address this...

If I had the time and was located more closely, I would have paid them personal visit..

Just my $0.01..

This is what I don't understand... They guarantee their steering boxes for a year, did they refuse to fix it under this policy? When you say they did "nothing", what exactly did you ask for which they refused to do? I'm all for clarifying this, so that nobody gets burned.

Check my original post in this thread from January...
Their box leaked and they wanted me to pay the freight back, the real burner was their arrogance...
The box was bad and they supplied zippo support for freight plus they wanted me to eat the labor, without any substantiation the next box was any better. The car would have set for another 2 weeks while they jacked around..

A customer responsive company would have sent down a UPS call tag, and sent down a replacment overnite..

If I had the time I would have made a separate trip back up there to chuck the box through their front window..

Just my $0.01..

I don't think any company would comp you for the labor, the return shipping maybe I can see, but it says right on their site that they don't do this. I wasn't privy to your conversation with them so I don't know how things went down, but it sounds like they followed their published policy. That's all I was getting at. I hope your new box works out, it's frustrating when you put all kinds of new parts on your car and something doesn't work right...

There were 3 points under dispute..
1. Labor for R&R
2. Freight cost to return the defective box
3. Response/priority to receive the replacement box

For #2 & #3 they blew me off..
No way I was going to spend additional $ to get another clunker, questionable box.

Note that we have built multiple Mopar performance cars and rarely have this type of BS..

The end solution was to get another box from a capable supplier, bolt it in & go. I ended up resealing the Firm Feel box and sold it @ the Fling. Again, the Firm Feel guys were very arrogant and did nothing to replace/fix their defective product. And I hope others do not have put up with their bunk because I won't..

Just my $0.01..

Re: Which Firm Feel Box? [Re: Sinitro] #585423
04/25/10 10:15 AM
04/25/10 10:15 AM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon
I work with the guys at Firm Feel a lot and never had any issues. My guess is that there is another side to the story.

Re: Which Firm Feel Box? [Re: AndyF] #585424
04/25/10 11:23 AM
04/25/10 11:23 AM
Houston Texas
PAINT IT BLACK Offline
Got a CHIP on my shoulder
PAINT IT BLACK  Offline
Got a CHIP on my shoulder

Houston Texas
It is straight up BS for them to not have paid for the return shipping for a defective box. I don't care if it is their policy or not. It SHOULDN'T be their policy. A real company would send a call tag.

Asking for them to comp the R&R is crossing the line though. That just isn't done. Just isn't the way things work.

Re: Which Firm Feel Box? [Re: Sinitro] #585425
04/25/10 05:06 PM
04/25/10 05:06 PM
midwest
I
intragration Offline
enthusiast
intragration  Offline
enthusiast
I

midwest
Quote:

1. Labor for R&R

No way I was going to spend additional $ to get another clunker, questionable box.

Note that we have built multiple Mopar performance cars and rarely have this type of BS..

The end solution was to get another box from a capable supplier, bolt it in & go. I ended up resealing the Firm Feel box and sold it @ the Fling. Again, the Firm Feel guys were very arrogant and did nothing to replace/fix their defective product. And I hope others do not have put up with their bunk because I won't..

Just my $0.01..

Regardless of whether you agree with their policy or not, I can't understand why you'd be upset at them for following the policy that you were aware of before you purchased the product. You said they were "arrogant", they were nothing but perfectly nice to me...sometimes personalities clash. You said "they did nothing to replace/fix their defective product" and yet, it sounds like they were willing to repair the product under their warranty/guarantee, so they offered to hold up their end of the bargain and it sounds like you refused to let them because it didn't meet with your schedule. I'm not pointing fingers here, I understand the frustration, but it's also not right to accuse them of doing something wrong when it sounds like they were willing to stand behind their product, on the terms that you agreed to when you purchased the product under their published policies. Again, huge hassle, I don't dispute that.

Re: Which Firm Feel Box? [Re: intragration] #585426
04/25/10 05:32 PM
04/25/10 05:32 PM
So Cal
Sinitro Offline
master
Sinitro  Offline
master

So Cal
Quote:

Quote:

1. Labor for R&R

Just my $0.01..

Regardless of whether you agree with their policy or not, I can't understand why you'd be upset at them for following the policy that you were aware of before you purchased the product. You said they were "arrogant", they were nothing but perfectly nice to me...sometimes personalities clash. You said "they did nothing to replace/fix their defective product" and yet, it sounds like they were willing to repair the product under their warranty/guarantee, so they offered to hold up their end of the bargain and it sounds like you refused to let them because it didn't meet with your schedule. I'm not pointing fingers here, I understand the frustration, but it's also not right to accuse them of doing something wrong when it sounds like they were willing to stand behind their product, on the terms that you agreed to when you purchased the product under their published policies. Again, huge hassle, I don't dispute that.

The policy of remebursement for labor R&R is not the primary issue. When I ordered the Firm Feel box I paid $125 in overnite freight charges as we were getting the car ready for a major show. The box was installed and was defective as it leaked badly.

When I called them about a replacement box, they replied to send my box back @ significant expense to me. Then once it arrived they would check it out and if they found anything wrong, they would repair it and return my box within 2 weeks... Gee thanks..

In my humble opinion, they needed to step up and back up their product to at least some extent..
1. Send a call tag ASAP
2. Overnite me a replacement box, charge my CC until they receive back the defective box

Instead they put all of the burden and expense on me. I deal with consumer issues all day long, and simply expected better response/support from Firm Feel fixing their defective product.

If you think that this type of arrogance and lack of support is justified, then proceed with your purchase from Firm Feel. Now that we have explained the details of this situation, this will be my last post for this subject and Firm Feel...

Unless of course someone from Firm Feel wants to enter the thread...

Just my $0.01..

Re: Which Firm Feel Box? [Re: Sinitro] #585427
04/25/10 06:56 PM
04/25/10 06:56 PM
El Cerrito Ca.
G
gregn96cuda Offline
pro stock
gregn96cuda  Offline
pro stock
G

El Cerrito Ca.
"I'm not pointing fingers here, I understand the frustration, but it's not right to accuse them of doing something wrong when it sounds like they were willing to stand behind their product, on the terms that you agreed to when you purchased the product under their published policies."

They did do something wrong, they sent him a box that was leaking! They should pay shipping both ways when they send out junk. I would blame their workers not their customers. I have been thinking about buying a new box, I don't think that Dick will get any of my money.

Re: Which Firm Feel Box? [Re: gregn96cuda] #585428
04/25/10 07:34 PM
04/25/10 07:34 PM
Costa Mesa, CA
C
chache876 Offline
pro stock
chache876  Offline
pro stock
C

Costa Mesa, CA
After driving around my 72 Demon for a couple years thinking about upgrading to a Firm Feel Box, and then actually realizing I had a Stage 2 installed...I would go for the stage 3.

Re: Which Firm Feel Box? [Re: Sinitro] #585429
04/25/10 09:15 PM
04/25/10 09:15 PM
southern California
1970sixpak Offline
1970sixpak  Offline

southern California
go with the stage 3. It is not too firm but noticbly firmer than stock. My problem with firm feel is my box leaked and I sent it back and now it still leaks a little.

Re: Which Firm Feel Box? [Re: gregn96cuda] #585430
04/25/10 11:03 PM
04/25/10 11:03 PM
midwest
I
intragration Offline
enthusiast
intragration  Offline
enthusiast
I

midwest
Quote:

"I'm not pointing fingers here, I understand the frustration, but it's not right to accuse them of doing something wrong when it sounds like they were willing to stand behind their product, on the terms that you agreed to when you purchased the product under their published policies."

They did do something wrong, they sent him a box that was leaking! They should pay shipping both ways when they send out junk. I would blame their workers not their customers. I have been thinking about buying a new box, I don't think that Dick will get any of my money.

I never blamed their customers, I never blamed anyone. Sending out a product that inadvertently has a problem is not equivalent to doing something "wrong". There is a certain percentage of new items that will always fail immediately, despite best efforts. A friend purchased a new heater core that promptly pee'd all over his passenger floor. Had to yank it and get it replaced. No one paid for his inconvenience, transportation, or labor. The item was defective, it was replaced for free, minus his gas TO and FROM the auto parts store. He put it in, and was done. Living a greater distance from the source of your parts doesn't entitle you to special treatment for pickup and delivery. I'd be willing to bet that the percentage of failures from Firm Feel is nearly identical to failures from other vendors. Roll your dice with whoever you'd like. A lot of people are entirely satisfied with their products, I am.

Re: Which Firm Feel Box? [Re: intragration] #585431
04/26/10 02:16 AM
04/26/10 02:16 AM
Granite Bay CA
Kern Dog Offline
Striving for excellence
Kern Dog  Offline
Striving for excellence

Granite Bay CA
I have had good service from almost every vendor in the rebuild of my 70 Charger. I have almost $27,000 in this car and that includes about $3000 in bodywork and paint supplies. Interior parts from Year One, engine parts from Summit racing, Axle parts from Moser. Suspension and steering from Just Suspension and Firm Feel. Headers by TTI. In each case a defective part was immediately met with a reasonable return policy. One time Year One actually paid for return shipping of a fuel line that I ordered in error. Most of the time that I have had poor service is with LOCAL parts guys.
CUSTOMER: "Hello, I'd like to return this widget, it didn't fit right."
PARTS GUY: " Waddaya mean? Whats wrong with it? Did you drop it or something?"
This sort of thing is maddening. YES, there are often stupid customers out there, but instead of first assuming that the customer is an idiot, why not the following:
CUSTOMER FRIENDLY PARTS GUY THAT CARES: " Didn't fit? Oh, sorry about that. I'll get another and compare it to this one. If it looks the same, maybe the problem is on your end. Lets take a look.."
How hard is that?

Re: Which Firm Feel Box? [Re: 1970sixpak] #585432
04/26/10 01:36 PM
04/26/10 01:36 PM
Thigh-Gap Junction
@
@#$%&*! Offline
New user name, Same old jerk!
@#$%&*!  Offline
@

Thigh-Gap Junction
Quote:

...My problem with firm feel is my box leaked and I sent it back and now it still leaks a little.

Just curious, where is the leak coming from?

Re: Which Firm Feel Box? [Re: @#$%&*!] #585433
04/26/10 01:49 PM
04/26/10 01:49 PM
Tracy CA
R
rabid scott Offline
"You're Where?"
rabid scott  Offline
"You're Where?"
R

Tracy CA
Quote:

We all know of the police boxes, but there are lots of applications that used stiffer reaction springs than grandmas Newport.

Where could one find these "police boxes"? Would a Diplomat cruiser have one, or is it earlier stuff?

Re: Which Firm Feel Box? [Re: intragration] #585434
04/26/10 01:54 PM
04/26/10 01:54 PM
Thigh-Gap Junction
@
@#$%&*! Offline
@#$%&*!  Offline
@

Thigh-Gap Junction
Quote:

...Sending out a product that inadvertently has a problem is not equivalent to doing something "wrong". There is a certain percentage of new items that will always fail immediately, despite best efforts...

On that note, I will add that I've seen Dennis assemble and test a number of FF gears and every one is tested on a fixture with a PS pump driven by an electric motor. This is necessary to adjust the position of the valve body as well as check for leaks. Now, how one develops leaks during or after shipping is a topic for debate. I suppose it's possible that the test fixture doesn't generate as much pressure as a pump installed in a car. I also know that the case of a steering gear can easily crack if it's dropped.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3