Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
A friend of mine built a 360 magnum for his truck useing a 4 inch eagle cast crank and he used the KB dish pistons and eagle rods, he used the stock cam heads intake every thing, he just wanted some more TQ for towing. After a week it looked like the crank at the top of this thread. Couldn't have been makeing 400 HP. Also note the rods useing bolts and nuts instead of a capscrew like the SCAT, he bought new SCAT rods and crank and has been fine for a couple years now.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Re: Eagle cast stroker crank---Quality [Re: HotRodDave] #575598
09/04/11 09:47 PM
09/04/11 09:47 PM
ontario Canada
dr.mopar Offline
dr.mopar  Offline

ontario Canada
Nonsense! For an eagle crank to fail we need a cause, was it balanced? Was it balanced right? There is always more to the story than some would have you believe.
Eagle rods? simply the best deal in town.

Re: Eagle cast stroker crank---Quality [Re: dr.mopar] #575599
09/05/11 01:28 AM
09/05/11 01:28 AM
Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
Dude... Are you an Eagle sales person? Every single post you have ever made on this forum is defending eagles crap, mabey in chevy land it is upgrades but not here. Every one else knows the cast cranks that they make and the SIR rods are total garbage and nothing else, they are worse than stock parts. You can look at the casting quality of those rods and see terrible grain flow issues, especially the SIR rods. The cast cranks have so much meat ground out of them on the overlap area on the front of the crank there is no way you can expect them to live under ANY power even a stockish power leval. There are plenty of guys running factory 40 year old cast 360 cranks over 500 hp with no crank issues. The SCAT crank on the other hand is way better than stock useing better cast iron than stock (eagle uses weaker material than stock)and plenty of meat on the over lap area. If it is just balance issues how come it effects a severly high number of eagle cranks VS any other crank includeing bone stock cranks?

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Re: Eagle cast stroker crank---Quality [Re: HotRodDave] #575600
09/05/11 05:45 AM
09/05/11 05:45 AM
Melbourne.....Oz-land
Moparmal Offline
master
Moparmal  Offline
master

Melbourne.....Oz-land
Quote:

Dude... Are you an Eagle sales person? Every single post you have ever made on this forum is defending eagles crap,

Maybe because like me, he's never had a problem with them?

I do agree that the metallurgy is not the best from what I've seen..and mine did have to be index ground as well.

That said,....430 HP - 10000 miles a year...Internal balanced Cast Eagle..KB Forged slugs.....no issues.

Go figure.....

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3