10/15/09 02:26 PM
10/15/09 02:26 PM
Texas
dannysbee Offline OP
master
dannysbee  Offline OP
master

Texas
I have been reading some of the other suspension posts and it has got me to thinking. Could a mopar be built with split leaves and a torque arm and be made to work? Why would this not be legal in a stock suspension class? Just a little food for thought.

Getting old just means you were smarter than some and luckier than others.
Re: Torque arm with split leaves and sliders [Re: dannysbee] #498003
10/15/09 03:37 PM
10/15/09 03:37 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

I have been reading some of the other suspension posts and it has got me to thinking. Could a mopar be built with split leaves and a torque arm and be made to work? Why would this not be legal in a stock suspension class? Just a little food for thought.

Because the car did not come with a torque arm, most organizations that require "stock type suspension" won't allow it to be added. If they allowed that, you could simply "bolt on" a torque arm, 4 bar, or pretty much anything else. Most organizations also state "no sliders", which eliminates many other options as well. Coil overs are allowed though, which does leave room for some creative thought. I have some very good ideas to make a leaf car work better in the stock suspension classes, but it is likely in the grey area of the rules, but the car would still have rear leaf segments and that is what is required by most rules.

Monte