09/29/09 06:05 PM
Montreal PQ, Canada
74_360_Cuda Offline OP
enthusiast
74_360_Cuda  Offline OP
enthusiast

Montreal PQ, Canada
Quote:

sometimes it's better to just start over with a fresh V/B if you don't do a lot of trans work to be able to recognize what has been modified.

Quote:

What i do when i got a tranny where is worked on before is bring it back to as stock as possible or take a other valvebody and then install the TF-2 kit, or any other kit.

I just try to start with a stock tranny and them follow the instructions in the improver kit

Sounds like a wise thing to do. Since pulling the VB out is not a big task I will try it with my VB but if I have Issues I will definetly consider ordering a new one. Cheetah's appears to be very popular... (I want to retain automatic mode)

Re: Need help with my 727 torqueflite & TF-2 Kit [Re: turbobitt] #480840
09/29/09 06:08 PM
09/29/09 06:08 PM
Montreal PQ, Canada
74_360_Cuda Offline OP
enthusiast
74_360_Cuda  Offline OP
enthusiast

Montreal PQ, Canada
Quote:

It depends on what you want out of your shift kit. The TF-2 kit is engineered to give you the beest comprimise between shift feel and all around drivability. This is why they don't disable the accumulator and give you some options on feed hole sizes. If you are looking for maximum shift firmness than I would stick with what you have and continue with the TF-2 kit.
Talloring the shift kit for your needs is no big deal. Blocking the accumulator, ball in the 1-2 shift control valve, blocker rod in the shuttle valve are OK to add as long as hard shifting all the time is what you want. If you want it to progressivly get harder as throttle angle is increassed than dont block the accumulator, take the rod out of the shuttle valve, take the ball bearing out of the 1-2 shift control valve and continue with the TF-2 kit.
AG.

Precious info, since I did not build that thing to be a grocery getter I will go for the hardcore configuration... Maybe the blocker rod along with the increase of the line pressure, orifice plug, stiffer spring & spacer on rear servo & TV valve grinding & stiffer spring will make a significant differance!

Thanks, you guys rock!

Last edited by 74_360_Cuda; 09/29/09 07:30 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2