Wisconsin
G
Garceau Offline
pro stock
Garceau  Offline
pro stock
G

Wisconsin
I test drove the AWD infinity this weekend with 330 hp and very aggressive shift points.

The thing was an absolute rocket from a stop light. I mean it was just flat out GONE.

I couldnt believe it - almost bought it on the spot, then decided to wait until spring to go car shopping.

Up here in Wisconsin, its foolish to get a toy that I have to make payments on and cant drive it every day. If I lived in the south I definatly would have something different for a daily driver.

Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: bonefish] #467859
09/14/09 10:38 PM
09/14/09 10:38 PM
Idaho
Runner Offline
master
Runner  Offline
master

Idaho
Quote:

next time he says that to you just slap him real hard right in the ear and tell him to shut ta eff up.

most of the time you cant beat this type of guy bad enough.

Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: jcc] #467860
09/15/09 12:02 AM
09/15/09 12:02 AM
Sask, Can.
72demon416 Offline
pro stock
72demon416  Offline
pro stock

Sask, Can.
If your AAR can run a 11 with any kind of mph it would'nt have been much of a race. If his car is truely stock, all wheel drive or not his azz would be dusted in a hurry.
I'm not a big advocate of street racing but there comes a time to put your money where your mouth is and it sounds like he needs a reality check.

Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: 72demon416] #467861
09/15/09 12:19 AM
09/15/09 12:19 AM
wine valley
C
cudaben1968 Offline
enthusiast
cudaben1968  Offline
enthusiast
C

wine valley
i drive a little integra as my daily driver. full interior, 2900lb wt (at local scale) as far as anyone can tell all it has is a big funny muffler too and a short ram air intake. but what u dont see is all the head mods the porting epoxying of the runners (mondello grad did it)inatek is the same, adj cam gears.... with big heavy slow 17" rims, full interior half tank of gas 91 oct. i click off 13.40's all day at about 102mph... never lost to a mustang or camaro or bmw or mercedes or wrx or evo... u never know with todays car... its a n/a motor no nitrous, turbo or any kind of power adder. and once i swap the engine into my 93 civic hatchback (gutted, approx 1800lb) im expecting mid to low 12's with 35mpg and drive it every friking day!!! would u expect that from a flat black civc????? b careful u might just get embarrassed

Half measures availed us nothing. We stood at the turning point. -Alcoholics Anonymous, The Big Book
Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: cudaben1968] #467862
09/15/09 12:44 AM
09/15/09 12:44 AM
Gainesville,FL
G
goldmember Offline
master
goldmember  Offline
master
G

Gainesville,FL
Quote:

i drive a little integra as my daily driver. full interior, 2900lb wt (at local scale) as far as anyone can tell all it has is a big funny muffler too and a short ram air intake. but what u dont see is all the head mods the porting epoxying of the runners (mondello grad did it)inatek is the same, adj cam gears.... with big heavy slow 17" rims, full interior half tank of gas 91 oct. i click off 13.40's all day at about 102mph... never lost to a mustang or camaro or bmw or mercedes or wrx or evo... u never know with todays car... its a n/a motor no nitrous, turbo or any kind of power adder. and once i swap the engine into my 93 civic hatchback (gutted, approx 1800lb) im expecting mid to low 12's with 35mpg and drive it every friking day!!! would u expect that from a flat black civc????? b careful u might just get embarrassed

Gee thats a fast car you got,like to race? Bring some $$$$ cause I wouldn't waste time killing ya for free.

Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: cudaben1968] #467863
09/15/09 01:18 AM
09/15/09 01:18 AM
Sask, Can.
72demon416 Offline
pro stock
72demon416  Offline
pro stock

Sask, Can.
Running 11's in a reasonably stock looking musclecar is carrying a big enough stick to beat off most of the crap out there. It's not like every 2'nd vehicle out there can run that number/mph. Whether it's a flat black civic with a fart can or a hemi cuda- if the guy's mouth is running off that bad I'll take my chances running him. As far as embarassment goes- it's racing- somebodys got to lose- so let put him put up or shut up.
As they say...When the green light pops- the Bullshat stops.

Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: 72demon416] #467864
09/15/09 03:15 AM
09/15/09 03:15 AM
wine valley
C
cudaben1968 Offline
enthusiast
cudaben1968  Offline
enthusiast
C

wine valley
i hear you, but like it has been said, technology is amazing, 13's with a 1.8 ltr 30+ mpg to me is killer. dont discount them, they r the new muscle like it or not.

goldmember.... wow just cuz i have a car that is my daily driver, everyday i drive it!!! 230k on the odometer... ya ill bring a spoon to a gun fight. [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]? why dont u get in ur jalopy drive it out hereto california we can meet up at infineon and ill bring my b'cuda. or will ur car not make the drive???? lol
its a daily driver and all im saying is they r quick. no it aint guna beat a 9 sec. whatever but it passes smog, and is using all internally stock parts. lets see a f.a.s.t car do that.... o wait they dont. they r stroked and extrude honed and huge cams and any other trick u can do. if ur talking full on race car why would u even want to race a honda? is "it" that small u gotta try to prove sumthin to ur self?

Half measures availed us nothing. We stood at the turning point. -Alcoholics Anonymous, The Big Book
Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: cudaben1968] #467865
09/15/09 03:47 AM
09/15/09 03:47 AM
aotearoa
rebel Offline
master
rebel  Offline
master

aotearoa
during the summer our track runs friday night dragwars to keep the boyracers off the street. at the start of the season it's not uncommon to see 4 evo's running high 9's & then drive home! we have plenty of 10 sec evo's & skylines but WRX's aren't reliable enough for our kids.

Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: 11secaarcuda] #467866
09/15/09 04:29 AM
09/15/09 04:29 AM
Texas Afghanistan Iraq etc.
D
DakFink Offline
mopar
DakFink  Offline
mopar
D

Texas Afghanistan Iraq etc.
Quote:

So , my wifes uncle was in town and he bought some 4 door piece of crap called a Lancer EVO. He asks if I want to get my AAR out and "race a real car". I just laughed at him. I was a good boy and didn't run him (even though there is a very nice long straight stretch in front of my house). It just cracks me up that he thinks his EVO could "blow my doors off".
I wanted to ask him when he was going to grow a set and buy a real car, but I refrained.

Careful there that AWD Evo will whoop up on you on the street.

You want to really get his GOAT the next time he starts mouthing. Tell him his EVO is 1/3 Mopar.

Heres how: In the late 80's a company was created call Diamons Star Motors. It was staffed by Mitsubishi, Mopar and Hyundai engineers. With the understanding that all Corporates had equal rights to what ever technology came out of the venture. DSM=Diamond Star Motors brought us the 4G63 engine in cars such as the Plymouth Laser, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon(a chrysler company)and some Hyundai car?? Later it was also used in the Mitsu Galant VR-4 which eventually evolved into the EVO.(hence the name EVOlution) To this day the EVO still carries the 4G63 engine in a reverse configuration.

NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY!!

GOOD DAY!!

I have a 1991 Plymouth Laser myself.

I have personally helped a guy get his Eclipse from 14.0's to 11.30's for less than $4500 with bolt ons.

Of all the imports out there. EVOs, Eclipse, Laser, Talon, and Supras are ones I don't even take my chances with.

Last edited by DakFink; 09/15/09 11:32 AM.
Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: 11secaarcuda] #467867
09/15/09 09:41 AM
09/15/09 09:41 AM
ohio
F
fun4door Offline
fun4door  Offline
F

ohio

I think 4 doors are for geeks or mommies.just my opinion. I remember that when I was in high school, if you owned a 4 door and thought it was cool, you got laughed at.

I would be happy to run you in my mommy 4 door if you would like? I have a buddy that has one of these evos that is is daily driver with a bunch of bolt ons. When he turns the boost up at the truck it runs 10 teens all day long.

Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: fun4door] #467868
09/15/09 10:38 AM
09/15/09 10:38 AM
North of Detroit
HemiDart68 Offline
master
HemiDart68  Offline
master

North of Detroit
I have a buddy with a fast EVO, 10 second car. He is deadly on the street racing. The AWD hooks the car up. The big power cars are usually spinning the tires while he drives around them. A stock one isnt much to worry about, but some of those EVO's can be deadly on the street.

In God we trust, all others pay cash. www.lightnens.com (Home of the world's fastest Paint Job)
Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: fun4door] #467869
09/15/09 10:47 AM
09/15/09 10:47 AM
Wisconsin
wkroncke17 Offline
master
wkroncke17  Offline
master

Wisconsin
Quote:

I think 4 doors are for geeks or mommies.just my opinion. I remember that when I was in high school, if you owned a 4 door and thought it was cool, you got laughed at.

I would be happy to run you in my mommy 4 door if you would like? I have a buddy that has one of these evos that is is daily driver with a bunch of bolt ons. When he turns the boost up at the truck it runs 10 teens all day long.

Yaa yaaa.... ....I have a buddy....yadda yadda yadda....We all have "buddys" that have a car that can beat your car....
We all know what kind of potential some cars have, its the people that drive them that dont understand.
Don't some people understand the original point of this post??
I do...and I know people like that....they're clueless.
Just like some of the people that reply to these posts.

Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: jcc] #467870
09/15/09 12:16 PM
09/15/09 12:16 PM
WASHINGTON, PA
11secaarcuda Offline OP
top fuel
11secaarcuda  Offline OP
top fuel

WASHINGTON, PA

Wonder if this thread would ever been started if they actually raced?

I think it would have gone something like this...

AAR pulled out on the road and heated up its Quik Time Pros. Evo does a small dry hop. Evo is revving his car to get the boost up. AAR comes up on the converter to about 2800 rpm. Evo is revved up to about 3500 rpm. Starter drops his arms, AAR launches hard with just a wee bit of air under the front tire. Evo hooks good, too, but not as hard. AAR pulls 2 cars right out of the hole. Evo tries to catch up, shifting at 7000 rpms. AAR hits his shift points at 7000 rpms also. AAR is pulling away on the top end. Evo gives up and lets off the gas.
We go back to my house, and I ask, now do you want me to crack open the blue bottle and we go again?

Evo driver goes back to Iowa where he lives and starts searching the classifieds for a Cuda to buy.

67 Dart GT 340 4 speed
70 AAR Cuda 408 6 barrel
96 Indy Ram original owner
2011 Hemi Durango
Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: 11secaarcuda] #467871
09/15/09 01:17 PM
09/15/09 01:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Wonder if this thread would ever been started if they actually raced?

I think it would have gone something like this...

AAR pulled out on the road and heated up its Quik Time Pros. Evo does a small dry hop. Evo is revving his car to get the boost up. AAR comes up on the converter to about 2800 rpm. Evo is revved up to about 3500 rpm. Starter drops his arms, AAR launches hard with just a wee bit of air under the front tire. Evo hooks good, too, but not as hard. AAR pulls 2 cars right out of the hole. Evo tries to catch up, shifting at 7000 rpms. AAR hits his shift points at 7000 rpms also. AAR is pulling away on the top end. Evo gives up and lets off the gas.
We go back to my house, and I ask, now do you want me to crack open the blue bottle and we go again?

Evo driver goes back to Iowa where he lives and starts searching the classifieds for a Cuda to buy.

Ya' but we'll never know YOU turned down the challenge..not the guy in the "rice burner"

Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: cudaben1968] #467872
09/15/09 07:25 PM
09/15/09 07:25 PM
Mira Loma, CA
69B3GT Offline
top fuel
69B3GT  Offline
top fuel

Mira Loma, CA
Quote:

i hear you, but like it has been said, technology is amazing, 13's with a 1.8 ltr 30+ mpg to me is killer. dont discount them, they r the new muscle like it or not.

goldmember.... wow just cuz i have a car that is my daily driver, everyday i drive it!!! 230k on the odometer... ya ill bring a spoon to a gun fight. [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]? why dont u get in ur jalopy drive it out hereto california we can meet up at infineon and ill bring my b'cuda. or will ur car not make the drive???? lol
its a daily driver and all im saying is they r quick. no it aint guna beat a 9 sec. whatever but it passes smog, and is using all internally stock parts. lets see a f.a.s.t car do that.... o wait they dont. they r stroked and extrude honed and huge cams and any other trick u can do. if ur talking full on race car why would u even want to race a honda? is "it" that small u gotta try to prove sumthin to ur self?

Man this one has been bugging me all day so i thought id throw in my You do realize you challenged him to a race and tell him to drive his car from florida and youll drive your car what an hour to the track? Sure your honda may run good for what it is but why challenge a guy across the country then talk trash saying his car wont make the drive, i dont see your car driving across the country. And if you want to hit up people for races let me direct you this way racefwd.com Im sure youll find something in your area, if not i know plenty of people itching to run your honda. Well have fun with your economy car.

Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: 69B3GT] #467873
09/15/09 08:00 PM
09/15/09 08:00 PM
Gainesville,FL
G
goldmember Offline
master
goldmember  Offline
master
G

Gainesville,FL
Quote:

Quote:

Man this one has been bugging me all day so i thought id throw in my You do realize you challenged him to a race and tell him to drive his car from florida and youll drive your car what an hour to the track? Sure your honda may run good for what it is but why challenge a guy across the country then talk trash saying his car wont make the drive, i dont see your car driving across the country. And if you want to hit up people for races let me direct you this way racefwd.com Im sure youll find something in your area, if not i know plenty of people itching to run your honda. Well have fun with your economy car.

Sorry to the original poster for helping this train get off the tracks. JMO but when someone lays down a challenge,like the one you were given,I'd jump on it,but on the track in front of everyone and his brother. I don't street race and haven't in 15 years,no reason to put others at risk. As far as the proud Honda fellow,I would not get on the internet bragging about your slow ride and how it is a terror,it's not. So you beat a girl in a mustang on her cell phone or whatever,your racey Honda isn't a threat to beat anything that I consider fast.Just a different veiw of whats fast vs. whats not so fast. I guess go to the track and knockoff a z06 corvette and a couple of 1000cc sportbikes and I might think its pretty neat. Sorry,I don't get your amazment at the numbers,I had a number of 2.2l dodge turbo cars(daily drivers) over the years that were much faster and still got 30mpg. Yep,my car would make the drive although the longest road trip it's been on is only 700miles,it's still a street car,just not my daily driver. Sorry I don't mean any offence to you,just can't feel the terror of a 13 second car.

Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: DakFink] #467874
09/15/09 08:40 PM
09/15/09 08:40 PM
Detroit, MI
CokeBottleKid Offline
master
CokeBottleKid  Offline
master

Detroit, MI
Quote:

Quote:

So , my wifes uncle was in town and he bought some 4 door piece of crap called a Lancer EVO. He asks if I want to get my AAR out and "race a real car". I just laughed at him. I was a good boy and didn't run him (even though there is a very nice long straight stretch in front of my house). It just cracks me up that he thinks his EVO could "blow my doors off".
I wanted to ask him when he was going to grow a set and buy a real car, but I refrained.

Careful there that AWD Evo will whoop up on you on the street.

You want to really get his GOAT the next time he starts mouthing. Tell him his EVO is 1/3 Mopar.

Heres how: In the late 80's a company was created call Diamons Star Motors. It was staffed by Mitsubishi, Mopar and Hyundai engineers. With the understanding that all Corporates had equal rights to what ever technology came out of the venture. DSM=Diamond Star Motors brought us the 4G63 engine in cars such as the Plymouth Laser, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon(a chrysler company)and some Hyundai car?? Later it was also used in the Mitsu Galant VR-4 which eventually evolved into the EVO.(hence the name EVOlution) To this day the EVO still carries the 4G63 engine in a reverse configuration.

NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY!!

GOOD DAY!!

I have a 1991 Plymouth Laser myself.

I have personally helped a guy get his Eclipse from 14.0's to 11.30's for less than $4500 with bolt ons.

Of all the imports out there. EVOs, Eclipse, Laser, Talon, and Supras are ones I don't even take my chances with.

VR-4s came BEFORE the eclipse/laser/talon trio. I too own an AWD talon... cheapest speed out there right now IMO (bought mine for $900).

To the poster, well I hope you turn at least mid 13's without the nitrous, otherwise you're in trouble. If it's a newer EVO they'll turn mid to low 13s stock...

Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: cudaben1968] #467875
09/15/09 08:50 PM
09/15/09 08:50 PM
Indiana
W5Duster436 Offline
master
W5Duster436  Offline
master

Indiana
Quote:

y don't u tri to ryte a co gent sentents. Unbelievable.

Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: 11secaarcuda] #467876
09/15/09 11:09 PM
09/15/09 11:09 PM
Portersville, Pa
1badx Offline
mopar
1badx  Offline
mopar

Portersville, Pa
Quote:

I would be very careful about running that Evo on the street. Even if your car runs 11's at the track, the street is a whole different animal. As was stated above an AWD Evo with only minor mods could humble you real quick.

As for the Flashlight Drags, try the Beaver Run events. I believe the next one is 10/3. Maybe you can race my sons $2500 Honda. I'm still a big block Mopar guy and hope to have my Plymouth there but will be very careful about laughing at any import. The last Beaver Run Flashlight Drags was the first time a "Top Import" beat a "Top Domestic". It was a stock looking Eclipse against an old MG with a big block Chevy. The MG/BBC beat every domestic car there that day, and it was real quick! The Eclipse trounced the BBC, aired up his tires and drove over an hour home.

I used to always say "there's no replacement for displacement". Times have definitely changed......

Last edited by 1badx; 09/16/09 08:35 AM.
Re: Mitsubishi EVO against my AAR [Re: 1badx] #467877
09/16/09 12:14 AM
09/16/09 12:14 AM
Balt. Md
383man Offline
Too Many Posts
383man  Offline
Too Many Posts

Balt. Md
Dont know how fast your nice Cuda is but if your not running at least in the 11's then watch out for him. Like was said with a few mods they will blast low 12's. Nothing I like more then seeing our 30 plus year old Mopars spanking a new ricer. But you have to respect how well they can run. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 09/16/09 12:15 AM.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6