USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Here is an update on the carpeting that is finally in the pipeline for ALL Mopar enthusiast. As many of you know ECS has spent over three years trying to work with various manufacturers in an attempt to solve the problems with quality, fit and appearance of automotive carpeting. We are currently working with Motor Parts South and they have been able to reproduce carpeting with the exact look and fit of the original factory styles. John and Geoff McBryde of Motor Parts South has finally reached this longtime goal for manufacturing factory exact carpeting. A set for my Challenger will be the first to incorporate the correct look and also be shipped UNROLLED. The entire market can now receive their carpeting flat so the contour and crisp molded patterns will no longer be compromised during shipping! ECS will be a proud distributor for this product line and are eager to work with a reputable firm like Motor Parts South. A HUGE thanks to John And Geoff McBryde (Motor Parts South) for all their efforts in making this quality carpet, a reality for the hobby.

Dave Walden
ECS Automotive Concepts, LLC

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46522
10/22/07 08:28 PM
10/22/07 08:28 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
ScottSmith_Harms  Offline
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Great news Dave!

Are there plans to do all body styles like A & B-body cars?

Will they come with the correct heavy jute backing as well?

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #46523
10/22/07 08:36 PM
10/22/07 08:36 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Good to know.

But I gotta ask, with they come with these for the OARC ?

3898747-Undercarpet3.JPG (523 downloads)
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #46524
10/22/07 08:42 PM
10/22/07 08:42 PM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
Quote:

Great news Dave!

Are there plans to do all body styles like A & B-body cars?

Will they come with the correct heavy jute backing as well?

Looks like I need to pawn off my new Trim Parts carpet kits for my Challenger & my Coronet...

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: Alaskan_TA] #46525
10/22/07 08:45 PM
White Plains, NY
VCODE Offline
top fuel
VCODE  Offline
top fuel

White Plains, NY
Dave,
Good for you,an asset to us mopar guys
Thanks Bob

Mom & Dad let me buy a brand new 70 Challenger R/T 440 Six-Pack Super Trac Pack when I was 17

(Robert what is a 440 Six-Pack)
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46526
California
70SportSatellite Offline
super street
70SportSatellite  Offline
super street

California
Quote:

This is the reason why in the last two weeks we have ceased selling the carpets due to a mold problem. I will be glad to refund the money and will do so monday morning when you call, I have never hid from a problem and for those of you that know John and Vicki McBryde knows that any problem will be handled with professionalism and courtesy. I will guarantee you that if the mold problem cannot be rectified then I will be the first to walk away from the carpet. I (Geoff, the McBryde's son) spent three months away from my own business to help get a better fitting carpet on the market, as I too was having a hard time getting a better carpet for cars I am and have previously restored. I am working with the mold people right now to straighten out the problem, so bear with us as we work through this.

This is a quote from Geoff on Sunday Sep 30. Three weeks seems awfully quick to have rectified the situation as explained to me but I'm glad they have and I would really liked to have tried it but I now have a new ACC on the floor and a Trim Parts installed and two early MPS's in boxes still sitting by the office waiting to be picked up so I can get my refund and at this point I can't see myself pulling out the Trim Parts and losing money on it also. Maybe in the future and is it normal for UPS to take so long to pick stuff up?

BTW, will the heel pad be glued down or stitched at the perimeter like the ones I have?

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: 70SportSatellite] #46527
10/22/07 09:03 PM
10/22/07 09:03 PM
Georgetown Ontario Canada
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

Georgetown Ontario Canada
That's terrific news Dave, glad to hear it

Will it be affordable for the average guy like myself?

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB SITE !
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: anlauto] #46528
10/22/07 09:26 PM
10/22/07 09:26 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

That's terrific news Dave, glad to hear it

Will it be affordable for the average guy like myself?

Hi Alan,
I will try and respond to everyone in this post. Yes the problems have been resolved within the last few days.

All styles for various makes and models will be available as development continues.

The toe pad will be glued; not stitched.

It should be about the same cost as what is currently out there. Like any superior product, there may be a (slightly) higher cost. The offsetting benefit of having it correct and looking good far outweighs any additional $$. Shipping may be higher due to the requirements to ship it in larger boxes. Like most new items, the demand will certainly dictate cost as time progresses!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46529
10/22/07 09:31 PM
10/22/07 09:31 PM
Land of 10,000 Lakes
44D6PAKCUDA Offline
top fuel
44D6PAKCUDA  Offline
top fuel

Land of 10,000 Lakes
When will E-Body carpets be available to purchase and ship from ESC ??

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: 44D6PAKCUDA] #46530
10/22/07 09:39 PM
10/22/07 09:39 PM
Bridgeport, WV
M
Michael Offline
master
Michael  Offline
master
M

Bridgeport, WV
Any plans to make CORRECT rubber mats for the cheap body 2 door sedans? Like a 66 B-body?

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: 44D6PAKCUDA] #46531
10/22/07 11:35 PM
10/22/07 11:35 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
I will be talking to the guys at Motor Parts later this week. I hope the E Body carpet will be ready in the next few weeks. I don't want to commit an absolute date because they run their own agenda of course. Sorry but I cannot elaborate on any new products they might provide in the near future. I will see if one of the gentleman at MPS will come on here and close the loop regarding some of the questions. Thanks again!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46532
10/23/07 05:21 PM
10/23/07 05:21 PM
Flay, NC
S
Showtime Offline
Showtime  Offline
S

Flay, NC
First and foremost the problems are still being rectified but we have solved the majority of the problems, Jurgen. Second these are going to be affordable,at 169.95 plus shipping, we are also working on getting bigger boxes so the carpets aren't rolled so tight. I have been on the road today since 4:30 a.m. and by the time I got back to the shop the guys (Bill and Dennis) had started fitting three different vehicles of different body styles and trans configurations as we are checking all molds for problems or defects. The 70 Road Runner fits perfect and it is a 4 speed set. The molders right now have a set of carpets out of a 40,000 mile Superbird to get all the jute location off of, which brings up a question of the original jute material. What the original stuff was made out of in the 60's and 70's is now basically illegal to put on carpet due to its flammability, so unless they can dye what we have been using on repro carpet for 25 years we will have to live with what we have. I hope to have the other carpets fitted tomorrow and will be able to give a good time frame that we will be able to sell these carpets without a hitch and will be as close as we have ever been to concours carpet. BTW, you will have to trim the carpets around the front and sides as with the change in molders we have instructed them not to trim anything off of the carpets when they are in the mold, so unlike the previous sets we had problems with this will not be an issue, and before anything is said by anyone, I will stand firmly behind this claim because the set that is in the Superbird right now there is approx. 8-9" up the firewall.

3900772-DSC00314.JPG (448 downloads)
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: Showtime] #46533
10/23/07 05:26 PM
10/23/07 05:26 PM
Flay, NC
S
Showtime Offline
Showtime  Offline
S

Flay, NC
Here is a picture of how much is outside the door jambs.

3900784-DSC00312.JPG (662 downloads)
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: Showtime] #46534
10/23/07 05:36 PM
10/23/07 05:36 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Quote:

which brings up a question of the original jute material. What the original stuff was made out of in the 60's and 70's is now basically illegal to put on carpet due to its flammability, so unless they can dye what we have been using on repro carpet for 25 years we will have to live with what we have.

If the "correct" jute is not available/legal, how about a replacement backing that's at least the proper thickness? That 1/4" thick foam most have now is nowhere nearly as thick as original and is part of the current fitment problem IMO.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #46535
10/23/07 08:50 PM
10/23/07 08:50 PM
Flay, NC
S
Showtime Offline
Showtime  Offline
S

Flay, NC
The problem with fitment is not necessarily the thinness of the jute but (1) the placement and (2) the manufacturers haven't always anything to go by or someone like myself harping on them about flaws, defects,correctness,etc. so now that I have been doing alot of this on my own, I have listened for years about what the general public and restoration shops like myself want, and with that being said I am trying as hard and diligently to get as many things corrected as I humanly can but I still know that when the dust settles there will be someone who is not going to be satisfied and for that I will apologize now because I will probaly forget later. While I am on my soapbox, for those of you that don't know who I am, for those that have been in this business for more than 15 or 20 years you know my Parents, John and Vicki McBryde that started Motor Parts South, I am Geoff their youngest son (and the owner of Showtime Restorations) that went to most of the shows with them, a little over a year ago Dad decided that he wanted to retire, well really retire from answering the phone, as he still works in the shop everyday but he has the freedom to come and go alot easier, but he still has input in alot of the daily decisions, but I am resposible for the business now so that he has the freedom to do what he wants to. So with all this said I will continue to work on developing this product for the better of the MOPAR world but just keep in mind that I am only human.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: Showtime] #46536
10/23/07 09:50 PM
10/23/07 09:50 PM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
Whats the chances of the carpet being shipped flat if a dozen or so people from the same area agreed on a commercial shipping location? Or perhaps a vendor order being shipped flat, simalar to how the factory would have recieved carpets????

BTW Thanks for your efforts on this, crappy carpets are kinda a pet peeve of mine...

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46537
10/24/07 03:39 AM
10/24/07 03:39 AM
Southern Indiana
75RoadRunner Offline
enthusiast
75RoadRunner  Offline
enthusiast

Southern Indiana
What is the chance of making some thing that will fit a 75-79 b-body? If you order carpet for one of these cars, you get 71-74 b-body carpet, and it just does not fit. This is a one piece carpet for these cars, and everyone sells two piece sets. I have my original carpet that I would be willing to let you use as a pattern if you are interested.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #46538
10/24/07 08:02 AM
10/24/07 08:02 AM
WI
RestoRick Offline
top fuel
RestoRick  Offline
top fuel

WI
Quote:

Quote:

which brings up a question of the original jute material. What the original stuff was made out of in the 60's and 70's is now basically illegal to put on carpet due to its flammability, so unless they can dye what we have been using on repro carpet for 25 years we will have to live with what we have.

If the "correct" jute is not available/legal, how about a replacement backing that's at least the proper thickness? That 1/4" thick foam most have now is nowhere nearly as thick as original and is part of the current fitment problem IMO.

I don't know if it's even possible, buuuuuut...
would it be possible to offer (even if a special order), carpet without the padding? (For goofs like me that want to shave the original jute padding and reuse it on the new carpet )
Maybe that's not feasible with your contour molding... I don't know at what point the pad is glued on.

Will you be using ECS as your exclusive distributor?
Put me down as interested in distributing if you decide you need multiple locations.

Rick

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: RestoRick] #46539
10/24/07 01:27 PM
10/24/07 01:27 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Quote:

I don't know if it's even possible, buuuuuut...
would it be possible to offer (even if a special order), carpet without the padding? (For goofs like me that want to shave the original jute padding and reuse it on the new carpet )
Maybe that's not feasible with your contour molding... I don't know at what point the pad is glued on.

Will you be using ECS as your exclusive distributor?
Put me down as interested in distributing if you decide you need multiple locations.

I'm with Rick on this one, the original padding can often times be saved and comes off pretty easily intact if you are careful. Even if not re-usable most are still good enough to make a pattern from which can be transferred onto a piece of (appropriate thickness) foam carpet backing that could be glued on to the new carpet set.

Please put my hat in the ring for a West Coast vendor.

*BTW
Quote:

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!!

You might want to tone down the "Exact" part of your description, I'm sure these will beat anything that's currently on the market, but calling what has been shown so far "Factory Exact" is a bit of an exageration IMO

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #46540
10/24/07 03:45 PM
10/24/07 03:45 PM
Olympia WA
R
rocketresto Offline
enthusiast
rocketresto  Offline
enthusiast
R

Olympia WA
I'll be a third wanting to buy carpets without the backing. I also reuse original jute when possible.
Mike

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19