C
cudabunch Offline
pro stock
cudabunch  Offline
pro stock
C

Wellington, FL
Quote:

Your trailer will never be far enough away from the track to make any difference in weather. Your not racing at the trailer or the lanes, your looking for consistent readings with the least amount of artificial influences. Taking it in the lanes or at the line will never be as consistent as a trailer mounted unit. There are too many variables in the lanes, # cars, location of the sun, radiant heat off the asphalt will vary with sun location, clouds, etc. There will be less artificial disturbances at your trailer.

Thanks I felt so alone on here. Ambient air changes is what is used for predictions and there is no ambient air at the line.The other thing I would add is which weather recording devise tells you in the directions that it doesnt matter where you take a reading at? I havent been racing for 30 years but I can read directions.

Re: Weather Stations [Re: 408strokerdart] #436536
08/15/09 06:47 PM
08/15/09 06:47 PM
communist bloc of new jersey
J
jamesc Offline
master
jamesc  Offline
master
J

communist bloc of new jersey
i have the altacom with pager and crewchief software. never used it to it's full potential i hope to change that in the future. currently outfitting my new trailer hope to be racing in the not too distant future and start using it again. like anything else you get what you pay for.

Page 2 of 2 1 2