06/08/03 02:04 PM
06/08/03 02:04 PM
Detroit, Michigan, USA!
peelerboy Offline
master
peelerboy  Offline
master

Detroit, Michigan, USA!
ATTENTION TO ALL THOSE THAT MAY HAVE BEEN EXPECTING A VISIT FROM ONEBAD, DG & MARK:

I have just received a brief cell phone call from John. He didn't have much time to go into detail because their food was being put down in front of them at whatever restaurant they're at. He was going to call me back with more info, but I might be out on an errand and wanted to relay what I have as soon as I could. ANYWAY... the Aussie Daytona road show will NOT be taking any detours unless absolutely necessary because they have decided it is in both car's best interest to get back to Michigan as soon as possible. Both the Falcon (excessive oil consumption) and the Daytona (carb related issues?) are still running well, but are beginning to forecast ever-so-slight difficulties. Nothing to worry about, but they just don't want to go too far off the path for social excursions.

So anyone that may have been expecting a visit from this crew, just so long as you're not more than 10 miles or so off their path back to Michigan, you'll probably still get to see them. But if you're MORE than that... then you probably will NOT be seeing them unless you come to THEM.

They apologize if this bums anyone out, but they're just getting a little worried about putting any additional miles on the vehicles for mechanical reasons, not to mention they're already pretty far behind their original schedule. The mechanical situation is the driver at this point, though. Keep wishing them luck! (they might just need it)

Dale

Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP [Re: peelerboy] #387
06/08/03 02:12 PM
06/08/03 02:12 PM
Spokane Wa
CrazyRocker70 Offline
top fuel
CrazyRocker70  Offline
top fuel

Spokane Wa
hope they dont run into any major problems.. do they have extra oil and all that stuff?

Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP [Re: CrazyRocker70] #388
06/08/03 03:00 PM
06/08/03 03:00 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Drat!!
OBS:
i understand your need to get home as soon as possible. maybe next time. get home and take care of your priorites first.

on a brighter note i got to see 4 birds in one spot even if they are all LHD.

im posting this from hemi tyme's shop.

Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP #389
06/08/03 05:47 PM
06/08/03 05:47 PM
Highland, MI.
Sunroofcuda Offline
master
Sunroofcuda  Offline
master

Highland, MI.
Hey y'all, you'll make it - just like I did MANY times in many ill-fated cars. Just be careful. This is an awesome journey! (Be glad you ain't towbaring!)

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified
Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP [Re: CrazyRocker70] #390
06/08/03 07:14 PM
06/08/03 07:14 PM
St.Clair Shores MI.
tilt Offline
top fuel
tilt  Offline
top fuel

St.Clair Shores MI.
JOHN YOU'VE GOTTA LOVE THOSE DAYTONA'S!!!!!!

Last edited by tilt; 06/08/03 07:16 PM.

68 CORONET R/T BEST MACHINE BUILT EFI'd TWIN TURBO(UP and RUNNING !!) 03 Mach1
Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP #391
06/08/03 10:18 PM
06/08/03 10:18 PM
Fort Worth, Texas
xs29j8 Offline
master
xs29j8  Offline
master

Fort Worth, Texas
OBS - I am not sure that the rear shot that I used is the one you were talking about, but it appears to have been taken at the same time...

If you want any changes to the sig picture, email me when you get back home.

Are you sure the Aussie Daytona doesn't want to live in Texas?

Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP [Re: xs29j8] #392
06/09/03 01:34 AM
06/09/03 01:34 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hey y'all, all is well for right now with the Daytona and the Falcon. Thanks to a bunch of help from MsclcrDan and the Mopars Unlimited of Grand Junction car club. This is an absolutely awesome group of people that we spent the entire day with. I any of y'all's in the Colorado/Utah area, I would highly recommend hooking up with these folks!

The Falcon has a stuck ring on one cylinder and hopefully with the help of some Marvel Mystery Oil and fresh plugs we won't have any more problems.

The Daytona had a few specks of dirt in the float bowl and with the Holley expertise of Gene from the Mopars Unlimited of Grand Junction, the mighty Aussie Daytona is running like a champ again.

We are still going to go straight across I-70 though rather than dropping south to I-40 as originally planned. We really wish we could have got the last two stops in Oklahoma City and Conway in but as far behind schedule as we are and the distance involved, we really should just head for home. We've got a bunch more pics from today that I think DG is gonna post in a few minutes.

XS29J8, yep, that's the pic I was talking about! Thanks again and I will be changin the sig pic to what you just came up with as soon as I get home!

Tilt, I will be at the Gratiot cruise with the Daytona and I didn't forget about your slides.
I have a brand new scanner sitting in my office waiting to be hooked up.

Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP #393
06/09/03 02:31 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

AAARRGH!!!!! IIII WAAAANNNTT OOONNNE.....

Thanks to a tremendous group effort, and special thanks to Gene, the cars are back up and running like they should. It only took us from 9 am till 4 pm!!!! An absolutely great time was had by all and the driving crew got a much needed break.

The photo shoot was AWESOME, as you will see when DG posts her pics. I'm sure that we had at least 10 (15? I was carrying 3) cameras there doing duty and that every thing there got shot at least twice!!!! I wonder how much space Tom has on the server???!!!! LOL

John, Mark and Dart Girl definately top the list of the TOP TEN MOPAR PEOPLE YOU MOST WANT TO HANG OUT WITH.

Dan

Last edited by MSCLCRDAN; 06/09/03 02:42 AM.
Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP #394
St Clair Shores, MI
D
Dodge1 Offline
super gas
Dodge1  Offline
super gas
D

St Clair Shores, MI
John
I'll call ya this Friday, is that ok? I see we have another member in my neck of the woods....

-Brian ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? 1970 GTX
Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP [Re: Dodge1] #395
06/09/03 09:25 AM
06/09/03 09:25 AM
Detroit, Michigan, USA!
peelerboy Offline
master
peelerboy  Offline
master

Detroit, Michigan, USA!
Hey John, I'm so glad to hear that you were able to run into such a fine group of Mopar people out there in Grand Junction!! What a lucky break. That group needs a "good guy" alert posted in their behalf!

Hey Brian, who's this "other member" you're referring to??

Dale

Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP #396
06/09/03 10:37 AM
06/09/03 10:37 AM
across the river from Portland...
472 R/T SE Offline
master
472 R/T SE  Offline
master

Right down I-70. That'll be a boring ride thru eastern Colorado. You'll be going thu my hometown Hays, Kansas. Are ya gonna stop by and say HI to Jerry J. with the 70 Daytona?

[color:"purple"]HELP SUPPORT THE REGISTRIES.All cars matter.
1970 Charger Registry
I like to sleep For I'm walking in my dreams.
Live life like every DAY is your last!
Chrysler R/T Club
[/color]
Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP #397
06/09/03 11:28 AM
06/09/03 11:28 AM
Garden Grove, CA
OzHemi Offline
Penguin-hating Ginger
OzHemi  Offline
Penguin-hating Ginger

Garden Grove, CA
John, I sure hope that helps the Falcon along..I certainly was bummed out when you called me yesterday with the news..
Good news the carbie issues with the Daytona were nothing to severe as well !
Oh, and I took the other 2 vehicles that came over in the container (RHD chev truck and a ute..) to a swap meet yesterday..everyone really got a kick out of them, but sure the reaction to the Daytona would have really taken the cake!

Have a good rest of the trip John, DG, and Mark !! Sure I will be talking to you again soon

Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP [Re: 472 R/T SE] #398
06/09/03 11:35 AM
06/09/03 11:35 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Yesterday started out pretty bad but turned into an awesome experience. I have to send out props to muscle car Dan and his Mopar club for saving the day and possibly the rest of the trip home.

Muscle car Dan rolled up along with his wife in the AM to take us to breakfast and the Daytona was having carb trouble and sounded like it was running on 4 clyinders. I parked it and he and his wife drove us to breakfast in his B5 blue 70 Coronet R/T. Sweeeeeet!

Anywayz, we took a trip to the parts store and I got some plugs for the Falcon after I harrassed the parts guy who couldn't find it on the computer screen.

Then we went back to the hotel and Dan called up his Mopar club and I'll tell you what.... Gene Cahalan put on his gloves and he can tune a carb like nobodies business. I send my thanks out to him as well. Thank you Gene! You da man.

We did go on a photo shoot but I can't post those pictures as I don't want to steal the thunder of a certain Mopar magazine that will be covering this story. I can however post a picture of me and a few of the guys from Dans Mopar club which was shot on a digital camera and is in low resolution so it's gonna be blurry but oh well.

You can imagine the commotion caused in the mountains when cars would go by to see a red head in a hot pink vinyl outfit and knee high white go go boots standing straight up on the top of the Daytona's wing. People were stopping and snapping photos, guys were honking, ladies were even getting in on the scene and snapping photos. I guess they'll have something to take home with them from their vacations.

I had a blast but cannot post those pictures but I'm sure you'll see them after the story breaks.

Dan and his guys and gals were some of the nicest people I've met and were real sweet hearts. I had fun poking fun with them and just hanging out. I'd like to get to their Mopar show so I can see them again but don't think that's a possibility as Carlisle will be in the same month and I already have plans to be there.

I'm very dissapointed that I cannot meet some of you that we had planned on meeting along this trip but we are so far behind and in the best interest of the cars it is vital that we get home as soon as possible.

Thanks for coming along with us on our trip and take care,

Peace,
DG

Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP [Re: 472 R/T SE] #399
06/09/03 12:10 PM
06/09/03 12:10 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Well, we're just about ready to pull out of Rifle, Colorado and begin the long journey east on I-70. From here to Denver is gonna be some of the most beautiful scenery in the entire U.S. We are going right through where the original Vanishing Point was filmed so you can bet we are excited. We are going through elevations of close to 11,000 feet today so we are keeping our fingers crossed that the cars do well.

GottaBMopar, we'd definitely stop at Jerry J.'s place but seeing as how Wheels And Spoks is no more, we don't know how to get a hold of him.

I'd like to once again express our sincere thanks to MsclcrDan and the Mopars Unlimited club and especially to Gene for dialing in the carb on the Daytona. If I ever left the Motor City, I would move out to the area we are in right now. The weather, the scenery and especially the people, are the BEST you will find anywhere!!!

Not sure when we will post again as we are planning on going as far as we can tonight.

Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP #400
06/09/03 12:18 PM
06/09/03 12:18 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I almost forgot....

THANK YOU, thank you, THANK YOU to Moparts member "Prowler" for his hospitality and kindness to us in Las Vegas. He helped us with the Daytona's radiator in his kick ass garage. Dude I am Soooooooooooo jealous of that garage. You gotta see it to believe it. His cars were awesome and the flame work on his Prowler was impressive. Loved the Roadrunner and the Cuda's (one of which was the third car off the line)
His wife was very sweet and all though she spoke Cuban and I English we pretty much knew enough of each language to understand each other.... she doesn't want a pair of boots like mine I understood that much.

Anywayz, I was in kind of a crappy mood that night and want to also apologize to Prowler for that. He and his wife were genuinly nice people.

Thanks again. I don't want to leave anyone out.

Peace,
DG

Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP #401
06/09/03 03:17 PM
06/09/03 03:17 PM
472 R/T SE Offline
master
472 R/T SE  Offline
master

John, this is the # Jerry uses for the ad on the Daytona. (785) 628-6834. He built a new home that has a big shop out back where he keeps whatever cars he has left. His house is no more than 2 miles north of I-70.

That would be neat if you were able to see the 70 Tona!

[color:"purple"]HELP SUPPORT THE REGISTRIES.All cars matter.
1970 Charger Registry
I like to sleep For I'm walking in my dreams.
Live life like every DAY is your last!
Chrysler R/T Club
[/color]
Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP #402
06/09/03 04:10 PM
06/09/03 04:10 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

DG... Thanks for the kind words, no problem with your mood here, we understand how tiring traveling and driving can be.
I hope the rest of the trip goes smoothly, Good luck

Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP #403
06/09/03 04:26 PM
06/09/03 04:26 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

No question, hands down the coolest topic ever posted in the Moparts general section.. What an excursion!!!!

Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP #404
06/09/03 05:18 PM
06/09/03 05:18 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

This thread is really cool! I hope it's a safe and fun trip for the rest of the journey!

Re: AUSSIE DAYTONA ROAD TRIP #405
06/09/03 05:32 PM
06/09/03 05:32 PM
Appleton, Wisconsin
rtmike Offline
master
rtmike  Offline
master

Appleton, Wisconsin
Wow,

This thread is an awesome read. Good luck to you guys on your journey home. That is one awesome looking daytona. I don't know if it is original, but that dark blue color looks great on those cars. Have fun and know that a good share of the mopar world is living vicariously through you!!!!!!!!

Its not primer its perma gray.
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12