07/23/09 09:26 PM
Smyrna, South Carolina
STEFF Offline
master
STEFF  Offline
master

Smyrna, South Carolina
Quote:

I think the 315 ET street radial would fit my car perfectly but traction with this tire seems to be hit or miss depending on the car. I need something that's gonna hook all the time since I don't get to the track very often. My trap RPM is already 7000 so with an ET street radial that doesn't grow the trap RPM 'could' be even higher.

Quote:

are'nt alot of guys going very fast on drag radials?

Yes, low 7's. But they are very dialed in cars with expensive double adjustable shocks etc. I'd love to try the ET Street radials but it's expensive to 'try' tires. 50% of the people I talk to don't hook on street radials. But they do work if the car is sorted out.
Will the ET street radials last a full season when hitting the track 5 or 6 times and occasional short trips to local car shows, and ice cream?

Cars that are going fast on Drag Radials are totally set up to run on Drag Radials. They kill the power off the line with programmable ignitions etc.... & then bring it all back in in a timely manner in the run. Bob, if you're having any trouble now hooking with a slick, due to inferior suspension parts, the drag Radial will just magnify the traction issues you already have. There's no "one" tire that will do everything. The high HP heads up cars use Stiff wall slicks due to the fact that they beat up the side walls with the power they make. But even with those, they only last for so long.....20 - 30 passes. It looks like you're looking to use a tire as a "band-aid" for your suspension issues. If that's the case, put the big tire on it.

Or, save your pennies, get the good parts you need for your suspension, throw the 10.5's on it & rock-n-roll!!

Re: M/T 29.5x10.5 vs. 29.5x10.5W [Re: STEFF] #382412
07/23/09 10:21 PM
07/23/09 10:21 PM
Akron, Ohio
ProSport Offline OP
I Live Here
ProSport  Offline OP
I Live Here

Akron, Ohio
Steff that's exactly what I'm talking about, I don't think my car would be consistent with the drag radials. I have a good ladder bar under the car and we've checked the pinion angle. I'm gonna get new coil overs and a new set of 10.5 slicks, also gonna get the car scaled, I think it will be fine after that. I'm leaning towards the Phoenix 29.5X10.5.
Right now my shocks are cheap and the tires are completely shot.

1970 Challenger, all aluminum 528 Hemi, HDK suspension, Tremec 5 speed manual
Page 2 of 2 1 2