middle of the country
A
aar1 Offline OP
super stock
aar1  Offline OP
super stock
A

middle of the country
Does anyone have experience with a black hockey stripe from either Phoenix Graphics or Dales Cuda shop? Good, bad or ???

I just checked PCG website. They say original color on these was GLOSS BLACK. Is this true? I thought it was matte black?

Last edited by aar1; 07/21/09 04:35 PM.
Re: Hockey Stripe vendor - Phoenix vs. Dales Cuda shop [Re: aar1] #381929
07/21/09 08:42 AM
07/21/09 08:42 AM
Georgetown Ontario Canada
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

No I have not had experience with stripes from either one of those vendors.
In my opinion there's only one place to buy stripe kits from...

PERFORMANCE CAR GRAPHICS

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB SITE !
Re: Hockey Stripe vendor - Phoenix vs. Dales Cuda shop [Re: anlauto] #381930
07/21/09 08:44 AM
07/21/09 08:44 AM
In the 8's
FY1TA Offline
top fuel
FY1TA  Offline
top fuel

In the 8's
Dales was making stripes long before either of the other company's mentioned . Great quality and service .

Re: Hockey Stripe vendor - Phoenix vs. Dales Cuda shop [Re: FY1TA] #381931
07/21/09 12:26 PM
07/21/09 12:26 PM
Richmond, VA
R
rayztoy Offline
super stock
rayztoy  Offline
super stock
R

Richmond, VA
Quote:

Dales was making stripes long before either of the other company's mentioned . Great quality and service .

Re: Hockey Stripe vendor - Phoenix vs. Dales Cuda shop [Re: rayztoy] #381932
07/21/09 04:20 PM
07/21/09 04:20 PM
OR
A
AllTrim Plus Offline
AllTrim Plus  Offline
A

OR
Performance Car Graphics was making QUALITY stripes long before either of the first two listed.

Dales= JUNK!!!!!

i just installed some for a customer (supplied by the customer): wrong color, thin, cheap vynl.... no align marks, no location marks, good thing i knew how they went on.

Dont Know about Pheonix..

Mike

Re: Hockey Stripe vendor - Phoenix vs. Dales Cuda shop [Re: AllTrim Plus] #381933
07/21/09 04:30 PM
07/21/09 04:30 PM
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

Quote:

Performance Car Graphics was making QUALITY stripes long before either of the first two listed.

Believe it or not PERFORMANCE CAR GRAPHICS has been making stripes for over 33 years . In business since 1976.

The reason I choose PCG is the simple fact that the stripes are not made until you order them. You get fresh cut stripes on fresh materilal. Also the fact that David takes the time to date each piece and label it as far as location and sometimes even sequence, shows me that he cares about the quality of his products. They come with instructions and some even include a 3M squeegee

I can not comment of accuracy of thickest or colouring because I am not a factory stripe expert.

And I will not speak of the others cause quite honestly I have not used them.

I'm a big fan of Dale's Cuda Shop for everything else, but I trust PCG's when it comes to stripes...

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB SITE !
Re: Hockey Stripe vendor - Phoenix vs. Dales Cuda shop [Re: anlauto] #381934
07/21/09 07:28 PM
07/21/09 07:28 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Believe it or not PERFORMANCE CAR GRAPHICS has been making stripes for over 33 years . In business since 1976.

The reason I choose PCG is the simple fact that the stripes are not made until you order them. You get fresh cut stripes on fresh materilal. Also the fact that David takes the time to date each piece and label it as far as location and sometimes even sequence, shows me that he cares about the quality of his products. They come with instructions and some even include a 3M squeegee

I can not comment of accuracy of thickest or colouring because I am not a factory stripe expert.

And I will not speak of the others cause quite honestly I have not used them.

I'm a big fan of Dale's Cuda Shop for everything else, but I trust PCG's when it comes to stripes...

go with PCG dave knows his stuff and hes a perfectonist.
no one else comes close. he takes pride in every part that leaves his shop.

Re: Hockey Stripe vendor - Phoenix vs. Dales Cuda shop [Re: FY1TA] #381935
07/21/09 10:18 PM
07/21/09 10:18 PM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
FWIW I've always used PCG but recently a friend got frustrated after calling PCG seven times, leaving messsages & never a call back, finally Imentioned others on Moparts had given Phoenix good reviews... He ordered them. they came quickly but the quality wasn't even close, they came on one large sheet rather then cut into individual pieces, no referance marks & as it turned out one part was cut completely wrong..He called & complained, first they questioned how he screwed it up, then decided maybe they screwed up & they would overnight him a new piece...It arrived four days later...& was wrong...The second time the correct part arrived overnight..... Use PCG...

Re: Hockey Stripe vendor - Phoenix vs. Dales Cuda shop [Re: 1_WILD_RT] #381936
07/21/09 11:05 PM
07/21/09 11:05 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
........I've used stripe sets and decals, be it body, or engine, interior from just about anybody that offered/offers them, from as far back as PCG in the late 70's, Osbourne's engine decals,R/T specialties, Dales, etc.....for the last 30 years restoring my/customers cars,......everyone will yak up, who's the best, who's the worst,.....generally I find it varies too much vendor to vendor,...even currently,....I've purchased from Dave at PCG for years, some decals were great, some sucked "royal",.....same for Phenonix Graphics, some were awesome, some really sucked!,...same for Dales,....etc.etc.

I haven't a prefered vendor for any decals yet, but on certain stripe combos, or materials (textured, reflective,etc) I've learned which vendors to favor, and those to avoid,......generally when someone asks me who's the best, I generally ask what stripe or decal you looking for?....and if I've seen, or installed that stripe/decal and know of it's quality,...I'll comment on it,.....but anybody who proclaims "so-so" is the best, I'm sure I might have some unused/unwanted decals from that vendor, if I haven't thrown them away, or returned them, or donated them to someone wanting "cheap" decals

Regarding the OP request, I installed a white hockey stick set from Phenonix Graphics several years ago, the quality of the vinyl was very good,.....you'll get nothing but the decal, no instructions, etc,....just like you'd expect with an NOS set!

I installed a set of Black Hockey sticks from PCG MANY,MANY years ago, they were extremely thin, and delicate, they did the job, but were horrible to install, and I wasn't impressed with the "sheen" on the decal, and they marred very easily,.....same could be said for the custom reflective black set that PCG made for one of my customers cars a few years back,....regardless of how careful the owners were with their stripes they looked like crap after a year or so,......yet I purchased other types of stripes and decals from Dave and they were great,....it's a hit or miss sometimes,....so purchase a set, you don't like the look or feel, return them, if you can, (PCG won't accept returns on Custom stripes)....if not, suck it up, and move on to the next vendor,......just a suggestion, try Moparts Member "challengergary" he's offering strip/decals,...I have no experience with his products, but being a Moparts member, I would think he shares the same concerns as the rest of us regarding a quality product?

Re: Hockey Stripe vendor - Phoenix vs. Dales Cuda shop [Re: DAYCLONA] #381937
07/21/09 11:26 PM
07/21/09 11:26 PM
At a gas station near you
B
badblack68 Offline
master
badblack68  Offline
master
B

Quote:

........I've used stripe sets and decals, be it body, or engine, interior from just about anybody that offered/offers them, from as far back as PCG in the late 70's, Osbourne's engine decals,R/T specialties, Dales, etc.....for the last 30 years restoring my/customers cars,......everyone will yak up, who's the best, who's the worst,.....generally I find it varies too much vendor to vendor,...even currently,....I've purchased from Dave at PCG for years, some decals were great, some sucked "royal",.....same for Phenonix Graphics, some were awesome, some really sucked!,...same for Dales,....etc.etc.

I haven't a prefered vendor for any decals yet, but on certain stripe combos, or materials (textured, reflective,etc) I've learned which vendors to favor, and those to avoid,......generally when someone asks me who's the best, I generally ask what stripe or decal you looking for?....and if I've seen, or installed that stripe/decal and know of it's quality,...I'll comment on it,.....but anybody who proclaims "so-so" is the best, I'm sure I might have some unused/unwanted decals from that vendor, if I haven't thrown them away, or returned them, or donated them to someone wanting "cheap" decals

So who's the best vender for a matte black tail stripe for my 68 Charger???

Re: Hockey Stripe vendor - Phoenix vs. Dales Cuda shop [Re: badblack68] #381938
07/21/09 11:40 PM
07/21/09 11:40 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass

I haven't a prefered vendor for any decals yet, but on certain stripe combos, or materials (textured, reflective,etc) I've learned which vendors to favor, and those to avoid,......generally when someone asks me who's the best, I generally ask what stripe or decal you looking for?....and if I've seen, or installed that stripe/decal and know of it's quality,...I'll comment on it,

Seeing that I've never installed a set of 68 Charger stripes,....I can't recommend anyone in particular,.......

other than the fact that 68 Chargers should only be done one way,

like this!

5367734-bullit.jpg (136 downloads)
Re: Hockey Stripe vendor - Phoenix vs. Dales Cuda shop [Re: DAYCLONA] #381939
07/22/09 12:35 AM
07/22/09 12:35 AM
B
badblack68 Offline
master
badblack68  Offline
master
B

Quote:

I haven't a prefered vendor for any decals yet, but on certain stripe combos, or materials (textured, reflective,etc) I've learned which vendors to favor, and those to avoid,......generally when someone asks me who's the best, I generally ask what stripe or decal you looking for?....and if I've seen, or installed that stripe/decal and know of it's quality,...I'll comment on it,

Seeing that I've never installed a set of 68 Charger stripes,....I can't recommend anyone in particular,.......

like this!

Hey!!! That's my car!!!

Re: Hockey Stripe vendor - Phoenix vs. Dales Cuda shop [Re: badblack68] #381940
07/22/09 01:02 AM
07/22/09 01:02 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass

like this!

Hey!!! That's my car!!!

Then Mark, ....if that's the case, you don't need stripes on your car, it's perfect as is! .....don't muck it up with stripes,....looks too cool as it is now!

Re: Hockey Stripe vendor - Phoenix vs. Dales Cuda shop [Re: DAYCLONA] #381941
07/22/09 06:08 AM
07/22/09 06:08 AM
B
badblack68 Offline
master
badblack68  Offline
master
B

But to be part of the scat pack, I`ve got to have the bumble bee stripe on the rump. My plan was for a set of magnum 500`s and the stripe for next year. The car will stay as is for this year.

Re: Hockey Stripe - Phoenix vs. Dales Cuda shop - UPDATE [Re: aar1] #381942
07/22/09 02:24 PM
07/22/09 02:24 PM
middle of the country
A
aar1 Offline OP
super stock
aar1  Offline OP
super stock
A

middle of the country
Anyone else got an opinion on where to get the stripes and what sheen of black they should be??

Re: Hockey Stripe - Phoenix vs. Dales Cuda shop - UPDATE [Re: aar1] #381943
07/24/09 09:55 AM
07/24/09 09:55 AM
CT
340KID Offline
mopar
340KID  Offline
mopar

CT
I bought my set from PCG, the first set I ordered in gloss black and then returned them for a matte black, it really stands off well against the Viper Red, quality of the stripes were excellent

Re: Hockey Stripe - Phoenix vs. Dales Cuda shop - UPDATE [Re: 340KID] #381944
07/24/09 10:00 AM
07/24/09 10:00 AM
middle of the country
A
aar1 Offline OP
super stock
aar1  Offline OP
super stock
A

middle of the country
PCG refers to their matte black as "textured matte black". Does it really look/feel textured or is just not as "slick" feeling as the gloss?

Re: Hockey Stripe - Phoenix vs. Dales Cuda shop - UPDATE [Re: aar1] #381945
07/27/09 09:49 AM
07/27/09 09:49 AM
CT
340KID Offline
mopar
340KID  Offline
mopar

CT
It's not textured, it's pretty smooth and is basically flat black.