07/20/09 01:11 AM
07/20/09 01:11 AM
Alvadore OR
A
Acme Rocket Offline OP
Acme Rocket  Offline OP
A

Alvadore OR
Im having trouble with my Holley Dominator fuel pump. Im fighting inconsistent pressures. At a idle the press will bounce from 6 to 8 lbs. With engine off the press will go over 12lbs in about 5 sec. Im using a Holley press reg # 12-704. I have 2 #8 lines supplying the pump #12 line out of the pump to the reg #6 return line from the pump to the tank and 2 # 8 lines to the carb. We just switched to this system this week. Fuel volume was a issue today the screens in the inlet of the pump were plugged. I cleaned them earlier this week with carb clean and they appeared to be clean. But after getting home i dissasembled the pump and i couldnt blow through them. The screens still appeared clean, I temporally removed the screens and that solved the volume problem but the press issue is still present. Anybody have any ideas? It looks like Holley discontinued this pump were they having problems with them? Thanks Seth

Re: Holley # 12-706 Dominator Fuel pump [Re: Acme Rocket] #380633
07/20/09 04:42 AM
07/20/09 04:42 AM
aotearoa
rebel Offline
master
rebel  Offline
master

aotearoa
i'm not too keen on them holley regs myself. had similar issues that you're describing. after dismantling one of these regs i thought there has to be something better. a buddy had a surplus mallory reg so i ripped that apart too. the mallory looked like it could flow more so i reassembled & tried it out. that reg is still feeding my carb today. i would recommend a better quality reg than the Holley, i'm just pure & simply not a fan of the restrictive pos that holley sell. well not their budget unit anyway.