07/16/09 11:37 PM
Tulsa OK
Bad340fish Offline
master
Bad340fish  Offline
master

Tulsa OK
Quote:

I have no idea on the truck itself but I really rate the cummins Be and Ce engines.Over here we use them in rigid lorries up to about 26000kg whereas you guys have them in your pick up trucks ha ha!Do any vehicles over there use the ad-blue system for reduced emissions?

They are calling the current Cummins 5.9L the "BlueTech" if i remember correctly.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340
Re: Anyone have experience with..... [Re: Bad340fish] #375631
07/17/09 01:20 AM
07/17/09 01:20 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline OP
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline OP
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Well I think just under $40K($39.2K to be exact) for a loaded 2010 Mega cab Cummins/auto Dually is a fair price. Heck they do not even have the 2010 exact pricing yet but pricing a similar 09 truck with the same equipment is right at $50K. Our price is GUARENTEED to not be more, if by chance it ended up less we get the difference back.

We have never bought anything on the "military" plan and frankly will be happy not to do it again as it requires my wife to be deployed. Just see an oppourtunity and am considering it. I dont get to talk to my wife much over the phone so we will discuss the "need" next time we talk. We spoke last week about seeing what kind of deal we can get and have not talked since.

As for whether we do it or not who knows. We stillhave a month before she will be headed home after what will be 7 months in country. I appreciate the advice and experiences from here and have taken all of them under advisement. Heck who knows with me. If we do buy it there is an excellent chance we will sell it in three years anyway, seems to be the way we do it. you dont even want to know how many new cars the wife has bought over the last three years. Lets see, Mustang, Honda, Benz, bigger Benz blah blah blah....

hey Billy I appreciate the offer for storage. Seems to be a job a few guys want. Not even sure I will keep the car if we move. might be a great time to sell it and have something REALLY nice and REALLY light built for me. As for the boy, he is in college now and has no plans to follow us to Europe IF we go. The youngest will have been out of High School a year in 2012 and she is up in the air about the deal right now. We dont really have much control over what happens, it is simply our wish to go to Europe but the Air Force has a way of sending us places we dont necessarily want to go, like here. A lot of ducks must be in a row to make it happen, but right now the stars look as if they might be aligned well for us now. I am looking forward to the oppourtunity to live in Europe and see what it has to offer, will definitely miss the racing if it happens but cant see worrying about that with all the great oppourtunities the move will have.

Hey Don you gonna be racing this weekend with us at Infineon?

I will let you guys now what we finally decide. Will probably make up our minds in the nest week or so. Thanks again for the help.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Post deleted by Defbob [Re: Lil Demon] #375632
07/17/09 01:27 AM
07/17/09 01:27 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: Anyone have experience with..... #375633
07/17/09 01:30 AM
07/17/09 01:30 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline OP
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline OP
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Quote:

I have both 325 HP 5.9 and 345 HP 6.7 the 5.9 with an EZ EDGE will out run and pull the 6.7 easily

Funny I feel the same about my current 6.0 vs
the old 7.3 with tuner ex etc I had. I am not so sure any of these new diesels engines are all they are cracked up to be.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Anyone have experience with..... [Re: Al_Alguire] #375634
07/17/09 01:50 PM
07/17/09 01:50 PM
united kingdom
B
blown360 Offline
enthusiast
blown360  Offline
enthusiast
B

united kingdom
Yeah the initial system was called blue-tec.Its the only way they can bring modern diesels into spec for the next step in emission regs in europe for large good vehicles.Soot filters and cats are already being phased out for the ad blue system on all makes of truck in europe and cummins have used it instead of soot filter and cat for about 3 years now.What im getting at is this system is already in place with Cummins so I can see it coming into use in the states in the not too distant future!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3