Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND REPRO [Re: domingo] #347982
06/18/09 12:47 PM
06/18/09 12:47 PM
SE PA.
Q
QuickBpBp Offline
master
QuickBpBp  Offline
master
Q

SE PA.
Quote:

Well, talked to Dana and even though he is not refunding the cash he is going to throw some extra stuff on the 440 to make it more complete (complete head bolts, intake boltd, oil pan and whatever odds and ends he can he said), plus he is giving me an original 1970 HP 440 cast iron intake in compensation. He says the 440 looks OK with std bore and minimal ridge, crank looks ok, no pitting on the hp exhaust manifolds, 23 spline tranmission is a good used unit, etc. I told him all this stuff is coming to Peru so even if they are not new, they have to be good used parts....he is getting everything ready. Ill post when I get all the stuff.

Domingo

Wow so he is throwin some bolts and an intake he probably couldn't give away let alone get $200 for..Great guy. I Don't think he is making it right and more than likely the block looks good to the naked eye wait till it's magged...He'll probably have to send a coil bracket then to match the Intake to make it right for the cracked block...I wouldn't be so naive about no-one knowing that was a repo....

Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND REPRO [Re: QuickBpBp] #347983
06/18/09 02:20 PM
06/18/09 02:20 PM
Lima, Peru
domingo Offline OP
EL Master
domingo  Offline OP
EL Master

Lima, Peru
As promised, I am posting here the facts of the outcome of the whole deal, just as it happened without any added or altered facts:

Well, the final outcome of this whole deal is that I ended up keeping the repro air cleaner missing the seal and block off plate for $1000 + shipping, when Ben Snobar sells the exact same COMPLETE setup for $840. Dana offered a full refund once I returned the part, to which I didnt agree because the part was already here with me in Lima, PERU (after adding all associated import costs, freight and taxes). Shipping it back would have only meant even more expenses to me. -And he knew this because I told him I was dissapointed ater receiving it because it I was hlding it in my hands in Peru while I talked over the phone with him-

Dana refused to refund the cash difference of $1000-$840 = $160 + the price of the missing parts I had to purchase from Ben which added to just above $100 extra making for a grand total of $260. He said he would not be willing to do that. He said I could have a $260 credit towards a future purchase (which would be the 440 purchase).

After some back and forth emailing Dana agreed to refund the $600 I had paid in advance for the 440 engine purchase, as I said I didn't wish to proceed with it due to some extra reasons which are specified below, an all the emailing that went back and forth like this (the emails are organized from last to first, so start from the bottom if you want to follow the cronological sequence of all the emailing):

Quote:

from Domingo Cicirello <domingo426@gmail.com>
to floridaguyone <floridaguyone@yahoo.com>
date Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 1:01 PM
subject Re:
mailed-by gmail.com

hide details 1:01 PM (14 minutes ago)

Follow up message
Dana,

I see you refunded the Pay Pal payment. Thanks.

I didnt want a full refund on the part because it was already in Peru with me, shipping it back would have only cost me even more money. I will find a use for this overpriced and incomplete reproduction, just not on my original TA or AAR.

What would have worked out for me was a refund of the excess I was charged for the part, I suggested it, but you didnt agree to that.

This is just to clear things up, I don't want, nor have the time to keep on going with this.

This is my last email as the issue has been resolved.

Best Regards,

Domingo Cicirello
- Hide quoted text -

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 12:37 PM, floridaguyone <floridaguyone@yahoo.com> wrote:

We are finished.I have a list of mopar dealers a mile long that say your nuts and I see that.I will pay pal you back on the engine at this moment.I offered you a refund on the air cleaner and you refused,I'm not sure what your deal is but I want no part of it.Please don't ever call or contact me again.We are done. Dana

--- On Thu, 6/18/09, Domingo Cicirello <domingo426@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re:
To: "floridaguyone" <floridaguyone@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 10:59 AM

You know Dana...

We were discussing last night about all this whole deal, and then I get an email from you at 7am stating that I need to pay the balance for the order.

Now I get this email at 8am stating that you took the parts to the machine shop and had everything checked, and you are saying that one of the cylinders has a pit and that it has no cracks, etc. And that you are documenting eveything with this order. There would have been no time for you to haul all the stuff to that machine shop you are talking about, and to have everything checked properly -the way a reputable machine shop would do it-....even more, this is when you said you had almost everything wrapped up and ready to go. No machine shops work at night and most machine shops will open their doors at 8am or 9am aproximately. There would have been no time to do all of this and then get back to me via email.

You know what, I have decided I dont want to proceed with the purchase because it's not going as smoothly as I would have like it to go and I'm not happy about how things are being handled by you and your company -starting with the TA air cleaner deal, and now with this 440 engine purchase-

I am willing give you a chance to make up for the price difference on the TA air cleaner you sold me -without knowing it was a reproduction- on a future order, when the waters are calm again. Thats of course if you are willing to do it, because that is really just up to you.

Please I'd like to see the $600 reimbursed into my pay pal account today at the latest. If not I'd like our lawyer's to get in contact so they can solve this matter. I really don't have the time to keep going on this matter. I'll let our company's lawyer buffet handle the situation.

Hope we can work again in the future.

Best regards.

Domingo Cicirello

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 8:01 AM, floridaguyone <floridaguyone@yahoo.com> wrote:

We did take all the parts to the machine shop and had them checked,and they did notice a very tiny pit in one cylinder,its past piston travel,and they did assure me the block would need bored as we talked on the phone and there were no cracks,I am documenting everything with this order,pictures will also be taken with items straped on the pallet. Dana

Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 2:04 AM

Dana,

I am sorry but I won't do that.

I only want to know if you want to go ahead with the ongoing 440 engine deal or not.

If you do, please let me know and I will send the $625 balance due tomorrow via western union.

If not, please reinburse the $600 I sent you via Pay Pal.

Best Regards,

Domingo Cicirello

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 12:42 AM, floridaguyone <floridaguyone@yahoo.com> wrote:

I am also a member and you started the thread and you will need to end it.I will not do anything else until that is taken care of,and no future threads will be started,you need to agree with that.I am not here to play games Domingo I am here to run my company.Please do what I have ask and everything will be fine.I know if I was unhappy with one of your products I would not run and start a post I would be a man about it and deal with you directly.I want both of us happy,so again please stop the thread and and have the moderator remove it. Thanks,Dana

Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 12:47 AM

Dana,

If you think your best next move is to sue me, then just go ahead, but please don't threaten me, there is no need for it as in I havent done anything wrong.

If you want this thread cancelled

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...0&fpart=all

please contact that website (www.moparts.com) administrator. I do not manage that website, I'm just a regular user. I have no control, and no particular influence or bond with the website or their ownvers/aministrators other than being a regular user.

I have all recorded back and foth emailing between me and you/Amanda on the TA air cleaner deal and the ongoing 440 deal. Those are the FACTS that match exactly what I have stated on the forementioned moparts thread.

I'm calling my IT guy to capture that thread that's on moparts right now and certify it in case it gets erased from that website. I'ts being saved right now as I type.

I have all receipts made for payments to you recorded on Pay Pal for delievered, and also, yet underlivered merchandise.

Also, I'd like to continue with the ongoing 440 purchase, if you are also willing to continue with it, of course. I do plan on posting about my experience after the deal is finished and I receive the parts. I think it would be postive for you, as it would help shut the mouth of everyone that made negative comments about G&D on that thread.

If you dont want to proceed with the purchase please I'd like to see the $600 payment I did on Pay Pal be refunded. Please get back to me ASAP on this subject.

Best Regards,

Domingo Cicirello

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:06 PM, floridaguyone <floridaguyone@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,
I just got off the phone with my lawyer and he said you need to have the website stop and delete the thread.If you do not do that I will need your address so that I can file charges against you for this.I've sued for slander in the past and won and I will do it again.Please contact me asap on this matter. Thanks,Dana

Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND REPRO [Re: QuickBpBp] #347984
06/18/09 02:24 PM
06/18/09 02:24 PM
Ontario, Canada
FJ5_Fish Offline
pro stock
FJ5_Fish  Offline
pro stock

Ontario, Canada
What a piece of work. Hey, while you are at it sue me too.

Last edited by FJ5_Fish; 06/18/09 02:25 PM.
Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND REPRO [Re: FJ5_Fish] #347985
06/18/09 02:37 PM
06/18/09 02:37 PM
MD
floyd Offline
master
floyd  Offline
master

MD
"... I will need your address so that I can file charges against you for this."

Now that's funny! Kinda makes you shake in your boots I guess.

Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND REPRO [Re: FJ5_Fish] #347986
06/18/09 02:40 PM
06/18/09 02:40 PM
Lima, Peru
domingo Offline OP
EL Master
domingo  Offline OP
EL Master

Lima, Peru
I think $260 was a small price to pay to put all this into evidence and keep other people from falling into the same situation.

I'm sure I've saved some bucks to a lot of people that have read this thread.

Having said that, I am getting my 440 engine and transmission from Tony D'Agostino. I have always purchased stuff from him, his prices are good, his parts are great and his descriptions are ALWAYS accurate. He is a guy you can depend on. I think he is the best source for NOS and used parts by far.

Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND REPRO [Re: domingo] #347987
06/18/09 03:13 PM
06/18/09 03:13 PM
Florida
C
cataclysm80 Offline
master
cataclysm80  Offline
master
C

Florida
Thanks for posting what happened Domingo.

I don't think you'll have anything to worry about legally from this thread. You simply asked if your air cleaner was original or reproduction. The rest of us figured out what happened because he has ripped us all off before. This isn't slander, these are first hand accounts from customers he has treated poorly. His reputation is deserved.

Good luck with your new 440 from Tony! I think you'll be much happier this way.

Tav

Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND REPRO [Re: cataclysm80] #347988
06/18/09 04:06 PM
06/18/09 04:06 PM
colorado
A
a12superbee Offline
master
a12superbee  Offline
master
A

colorado
Gee, this Dana fellow sure shows his colors doesn't he?

I can't afford this. mark
Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND REPRO [Re: domingo] #347989
06/18/09 04:44 PM
06/18/09 04:44 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Well, talked to Dana and even though he is not refunding the cash he is going to throw some extra stuff on the 440 to make it more complete (complete head bolts, intake boltd, oil pan and whatever odds and ends he can he said), plus he is giving me an original 1970 HP 440 cast iron intake in compensation. He says the 440 looks OK with std bore and minimal ridge, crank looks ok, no pitting on the hp exhaust manifolds, 23 spline tranmission is a good used unit, etc. I told him all this stuff is coming to Peru so even if they are not new, they have to be good used parts....he is getting everything ready. Ill post when I get all the stuff.

Domingo

WOW , he's GIVING you an original cast iron intake , what a guy , he's GIVING you an intake he's probably been trying to sell for years that's worth maybe 50 bucks ... I'm being generous ... D , he is TAKING ADVANTAGE of you , just like he does everyone else , because you are thousands of miles away .

edit .... didn't read down seeing what happened next ... D you are LUCKY he refuned the 600 , I was expecting to see he was going to keep it to pay the machine shop for doing all the checking of that block overnight ..

I'll say this your a freaking IDIOT if you ever buy anything from them after all this .

Last edited by Johnahah; 06/18/09 04:56 PM.
Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND REPRO [Re: a12superbee] #347990
06/18/09 04:45 PM
06/18/09 04:45 PM
St. Louis, Mo
318 Stroker Offline
master
318 Stroker  Offline
master

St. Louis, Mo
Well, I see G & D with numerous ads every month in MCG. I've thought about calling them for parts, but I never have. After seeing this thread, I wouldn't but anything from them, even if the price was 1.00, with free shipping. I will also advise others in the Mopar community to steer clear of these characters...

Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND REPRO [Re: JohnRR] #347991
06/18/09 04:48 PM
06/18/09 04:48 PM
Dreaming of the 808
AZ_A12_BEE Offline
I Live Here
AZ_A12_BEE  Offline
I Live Here

Dreaming of the 808
Quote:

Quote:

Domingo

WOW , he's GIVING you an original cast iron intake , what a guy , he's GIVING you an intake he's probably been trying to sell for years that's worth maybe 50 bucks ... I'm being generous ... D , he is TAKING ADVANTAGE of you , just like he does everyone else , because you are thousands of miles away .

Maybe these guys went to the Frank Mitchell Charm School

69.5 A12 Bee, first purchased in 1976, car 169 on registry 69 Coronet R/T 440/4 spd 69 Coronet 500 Conv H code 383 4bbl/auto 37 Plymouth PU Find your spot on earth and ride it.
Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND REPRO [Re: JohnRR] #347992
06/18/09 05:27 PM
06/18/09 05:27 PM
Lima, Peru
domingo Offline OP
EL Master
domingo  Offline OP
EL Master

Lima, Peru
Quote:

Quote:

Domingo

edit .... didn't read down seeing what happened next ... D you are LUCKY he refuned the 600 , I was expecting to see he was going to keep it to pay the machine shop for doing all the checking of that block overnight ..

I'll say this your a freaking IDIOT if you ever buy anything from them after all this .

I was just playing the idiot to put all this into evidence. I knew I was risking the $600 but I thought it was worth it...and YES it was.

No I dont EVER plan on buying anything else from them, they are best to be avoided.

Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND REPRO [Re: domingo] #347993
06/18/09 05:33 PM
06/18/09 05:33 PM
PA
B
BS27ROB Offline
enthusiast
BS27ROB  Offline
enthusiast
B

PA
"If you do not do that I will need your address so that I can file charges against you for this."

He shipped you the repro air cleaner, but will need you to give him your address so he can file charges.

Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND R [Re: cataclysm80] #347994
06/18/09 05:52 PM
06/18/09 05:52 PM
Santa Cruz, California
L
Lefty Offline
master
Lefty  Offline
master
L

Santa Cruz, California
Quote:

Quote:

They are sneaky with all their descriptions. I called them on hemi pulleys. I asked them if they were real. They replied...Well, they look real to me. They were re-pops. Weasels.

Gouge and Deceive

I bought my air cleaner from them about 4 years ago I think, around when snobar first came out with them. G&D has been doing this WAY to long for it to be a mistake. They always seem to have one of those air cleaners listed on Ebay. Their constant supply of these would indicate they're getting them directly from Ben Snobar and reselling them, which would mean that G&D IS aware they're selling repos. Here's another one now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/340-SIX-P...sQ5fAccessories

Note that the condition is listed as USED!

Sometimes I run across their auctions while looking for other parts on Ebay. Repro parts are often listed as restored original or NOS. The real parts that they have are often in poor shape with the description ramped up to make the part sound better.

Tav

It's listed as new now... the scum with the big butt must be reading the posts here. You can report them to eBay if they are trying to sell repro as originals.

Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND R [Re: Lefty] #347995
06/18/09 06:13 PM
06/18/09 06:13 PM
Shopping @ HoBo Fright
340SIX Offline
Doc Flappergas's Evil Twin
340SIX  Offline
Doc Flappergas's Evil Twin

Shopping @ HoBo Fright
I would contack the DA and FBI in Fl and let them know you were charged for an Org. and recieved a cheep repro{not realy cheap when ya thing about it }

Item Specifics: - Parts & Accessories
Changed Condition from Used to New

Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND R [Re: 340SIX] #347996
06/18/09 07:49 PM
06/18/09 07:49 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
They have a VIN tag for sale on Ebay right now if you want to report them to the Feds;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/71-BARRAC...A1%7C240%3A1318

Hard to sue anyone from prison.

Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND R [Re: Alaskan_TA] #347997
06/18/09 08:10 PM
06/18/09 08:10 PM
Lima, Peru
domingo Offline OP
EL Master
domingo  Offline OP
EL Master

Lima, Peru
NICE.

Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND R [Re: domingo] #347998
06/18/09 09:39 PM
06/18/09 09:39 PM
the boonies
aarcuda Offline
I Live Here
aarcuda  Offline
I Live Here

the boonies
I'm sure that guys lawyer really told him him that they would sue you for slander.... Since slander is for spoken words- not written ones. If it is written then the cause of action (not charges as charges are for criminal cases- not civil wrongs) would be libel.

I hope his lawyer would be smart enough not to make those 2 simple mistakes. That's first year law school stuff.

If anyone should be suing, it should be you- and you should contact the attorney general and report them for fraud. Let them find out who files charges. It's obvious the guy has his legal concepts slightly confused.

Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND REPRO [Re: AZ_A12_BEE] #347999
06/18/09 09:51 PM
06/18/09 09:51 PM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline
I Live Here
71TA  Offline
I Live Here

Warren, MI
Thanks Domingo for the heads up. All of us work hard for our $ and need to bring to light "people" like this in the industry.

Oh and thanks for the blue wood handled SS pistol grip shifter in my B5 Challenger that I got from you years ago! EVERYONE that sees it says something! It is truly a work of art.

Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND R [Re: Alaskan_TA] #348000
06/18/09 10:16 PM
06/18/09 10:16 PM
Blair County,PA
62maxwgn Offline
master
62maxwgn  Offline
master

Blair County,PA
Quote:

They have a VIN tag for sale on Ebay right now if you want to report them to the Feds;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/71-BARRAC...A1%7C240%3A1318

Hard to sue anyone from prison.

That auction didn't last long.

Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL TA AIR CLEANER AND R [Re: 62maxwgn] #348001
06/18/09 10:39 PM
06/18/09 10:39 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
I printed it out in case they try & sue anyone.

Anyone want scans?

I also forwarded it to the IAATI & NICB the first day it was listed.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5