05/31/09 05:57 PM
05/31/09 05:57 PM
Omaha, Nebraska
Scott Carl Offline OP
pro stock
Scott Carl  Offline OP
pro stock

Omaha, Nebraska
Sorry this is lengthy, but has anyone installed a CrimeStopper Keyless entry system? My dad’s 98 Ram was a Plain Jane model w/out electric widows or keyless entry so about 4 years ago he bought an Electric-Life window kit and a CrimeStopper keyless system (CS-865RKE) with Tesor door lock actuators. He died and left me the truck before we could get them installed. Finally got a round tuit this weekend.
I’m usually petty good at wiring aftermarket goodies such as stereo systems and the electric window kit I was a breeze but I’m either suffering from brain fart or these instructions are in a new form of Greek. I just can’t seem to wrap my mind around it. I attached a link to the install manual: CrimeStopper CS-865 Manual , but the main question I have is about the polarity. I know I have a negative ground system, but they don’t word it that way. They say, for instance,
WHITE WIRE: +12V or (-) NEGATIVE PARKING LIGHT (Jumper Selectable On-Board Relay 10A)
Connect to switched +12V parking light wire at back of light switch. If this is not possible, connect directly to one of the parking lights at the front of the vehicle. If your vehicle requires a (-) Negative Ground signal to activate the parking lights, then you have to open the control and move the jumper located on the circuit board inside the unit. For European vehicles with separate right and left circuits, use a dual relay or 2 diodes to separate the output signal. The DEFAULT output is POSITIVE. SEE PAGE 7”

And

BLACK/WHITE WIRE: (-) NEG. or +12V DOME LIGHT (Jumper Selectable On-Board Relay-10A)
Connect to dome light activation circuit for Negative type circuits. For Positive type circuits, open the control module and move the jumper the plug as shown in illustration. The DEFAULT is NEGATIVE. SEE PAGE 7”

So…My 98 Ram would follow the DEFAULT Correct? The dome light is activated by grounding the system when you open the door correct?

I thought this was going to be a simple weekend project, but I started on Friday and this is Sunday afternoon Just gotta hook up the wires now tho
I am pretty sure where the RED, Black, and white wires go but the rest is fuzzy. Some of the wires "provide a Negative output for activation of optional or auxiliary devices." What the heck does that mean??
Thanks
Scott

Re: CrimeStopper Keyless Entry System [Re: Scott Carl] #334480
05/31/09 06:16 PM
05/31/09 06:16 PM
UPPER MICHIGAN, MARQUETTE COUN...
N
NITROUSN Offline
I Live Here
NITROUSN  Offline
I Live Here
N

UPPER MICHIGAN, MARQUETTE COUN...
Quote:

So…My 98 Ram would follow the DEFAULT Correct?

Yes.