abodyjoe Offline
I Live Here
abodyjoe  Offline
I Live Here
A

Berlin, N.J.
Originally Posted by wingman
Originally Posted by abodyjoe
ill say the same thing i said when everyone said i should support the englishtown mopar nationals even thought it was a garbage event at the time..

it is not my job to blindly support any show. it is there job to make it so i want to attend. its really that simple.

roadkill nights i'd love to go to. power tour i'd love to go to, drag week i'd love to check out, sick week i'd love to check out. so there are shows/events that do things that make me want tot attend. shows like mopar nats or carlisle just don't do it for me anymore...

there is a local mopar show that i refuse to attend. the guy running it is a shyster. charges way too much for parking in a restaurants parking lot. when asked where the funds go he won't say. if it was a good cause then ok i'm of with it, thought i'd rather choose what i donate. i think he is lining his pockets if ya ask me.

You ever been involved in putting on a show?

Ain't nobody getting rich putting on Mopar shows, buddy. Big ones or small ones. It's a ton of work--in advance and during the weekend itself. Most shows are run by car guys volunteering our free time, Taking tickets, organizing show fields or race brackets, working in the heat for little or nothing so people can have a good time with other car guys.

There's always a small number of entitled types who bit** and complain about every little thing that wasn't done the way they would have done it. Well come on out and show us all how it's done! There's always room for another volunteer!

Or better yet, start your own show. I'll come to it!

triggered much. lol. what a clown.

yes I've been involved in two very successful local mopar shows and a third all make show. so thee of them a year.. none of the shows over charged for entry. so i know what it takes. like i said the shows job to make me want to come. its not my duty to support the show.

Last edited by abodyjoe; 08/25/23 07:23 PM.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

www.MoparMisfits.com
Re: It's a great time 2 support all Mopar car shows! [Re: rdrnr6970] #3170480
08/25/23 08:18 PM
08/25/23 08:18 PM
Usa
A
A39Coronet Offline
super stock
A39Coronet  Offline
super stock
A

Usa
Originally Posted by rdrnr6970
Direct Connection was brought back a couple years ago through dodge/chrysler as a performance parts brand as in the past for hiperformance..hemi etc..I actually have the DC catalog with heads,all kinds of performance parts.So yes it's more then a shirt or a sticker.We just want to help preserve the dodge/chrysler brand .As we can all see stellantis is changing it! frog drive

No, they weren't. Mopar made several announcements of a resurgence that got the faithful hearts pounding, but it was nothing more than Pro-Form rebranded junk and a whole bunch of "backordered" parts from the 90s. The focus away from what we all love started way before stellantis, they just happened to put an end to this most recent phase.

Follow my G3 Hemi Barracuda build on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSDAWczXoZw&list=PLTus_wQu8POADHEeJNJp2nr4NMHEyB9EK

2015 Tri-State Stock Super Stock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar No Box Winner
Re: It's a great time 2 support all Mopar car shows! [Re: A39Coronet] #3170543
08/26/23 10:00 AM
08/26/23 10:00 AM
Sobieski Wi
B
bee1971 Offline
master
bee1971  Offline
master
B

Sobieski Wi
Mopars in the Park to me seemed on par with previous years - It was just unusually Hot and Humid for that time of the year
It wasn’t overly busy , just seemed average

Carlisle set records , and honestly can it get any bigger ? Even with a chance of storms , hot and humid

Same with Iola Car Show in WI - Records - Weather was beyond perfect - No humidity and sun

All the local car shows I attended this summer have been busier then ever
Of course weather plays so much into this

As a matter of fact , it’s getting to the point of TO MANY local car shows on any given weekend
The market is saturated with car shows LOL

1971 Dodge Charger Superbee
2011 Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab Deep Water Blue Loaded
Siberian Huskies
Re: It's a great time 2 support all Mopar car shows! [Re: bee1971] #3170665
08/26/23 06:43 PM
08/26/23 06:43 PM
NJ
rdrnr6970 Offline OP
Your #1 source for current events
rdrnr6970  Offline OP
Your #1 source for current events

NJ
My wife saw signs this week about a car classic car show at a brewery and told me why don't we go?I told her I didnt want to burn her out with car stuff as we are around it alot ,she said no...I love the car /mopar stuff!I'm a lucky boy and have a great wife...so we went free into the show,the usual stuff gto,firebird etc..the we saw a nice 70 dodge challenger shaker 340 convertable nice older couple ,a newer 4 door ford mess I don't know why these vehicles are in shows maybe money?A funky Toyota 4wd thing ..then thank God a beautiful red 390 javelin very nice!And in the parking lot a 71 340 duster very cool!Wish there were more classic mopar shows! drive

Last edited by rdrnr6970; 08/26/23 06:44 PM.

OWNER OF EVERYTHING FROM 1956 300 B,IMPERIAL,NEW YORKER HEMIS,AND NEW HEMI TRUCKS.....5TH GENRAMS.COM... 1969/70 ROADRUNNERS ,DARTS/CORONETS, NORTHEAST HEMI OWNERS ASSOCIATION.....WWW.PHANTASMCUDAS.COM....MOPAR FAMILY FOR 50 YEARS AND STILL GOING!MOPAR OWNER COAST TO COAST!!!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2