S
Stanton Offline OP
Don't question me!
Stanton  Offline OP
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada
What brand and model is that?

Scroll down the link below. The distributors are all in China but they can hook you up with someone in the US. I contacted one about five years ago when the local shop I was buying from was dragging his ass. They were very responsive and willing to sell to me direct but I ended up finally getting the local one. These were all used" and I paid $1000 with new batteries and had to buy my own charger for another $400.

Overall its a decent little unit and has been trouble-free.

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/1000w-electric-fourstar-golf-cruiser.html

Re: Who knows a thing or two about batteries ?? [Re: Stanton] #3131073
03/21/23 11:36 AM
03/21/23 11:36 AM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
how long does the battery last with using it constantly ?
in other words, will it last for a long day at carlisle without recharging ?
beer

Re: Who knows a thing or two about batteries ?? [Re: moparx] #3131087
03/21/23 12:21 PM
03/21/23 12:21 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
Stanton Offline OP
Don't question me!
Stanton  Offline OP
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada
how long does the battery last with using it constantly ?
in other words, will it last for a long day at carlisle without recharging ?

The first two years the batteries would last two full days. Then we had two years of zero use due to covid but I would still buzz it around the yard occasionally. Last year they lasted a full day of the Mopar show doing the whole swap meet as well as the show field. But at fall Carlisle they were dying by the time I hit the hill. But that's about the same as the whole Mopar show.

I asked a dealer about battery life and apparently age has something to do with how long they last. A full set will run me about $400 Canadian. If you figure mobility scooter rentals at Carlisle are $90/day, this isn't a bad price to pay to do at least three Carlisle events for a few years or more. There's zero maintenance other than the batteries and checking tire pressures.

Also, I built a fully detachable large rack that mounts on the front. I doubt it would hold an engine block without tipping forward but it will hold a lot of stuff. I generally leave it off and will go back to the truck and get it if I buy anything large enough to need it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2