12/15/22 01:55 AM
Connecticut
1972CudaV21 Offline
master
1972CudaV21  Offline
master

Connecticut
Originally Posted by Stanton
I don't think Cletus is a very good salesman.

He needs to assemble a team of lawyers..

China is the enemy.
Re: Cleetus Freedom Factory threatened [Re: 1972CudaV21] #3102464
12/15/22 02:16 AM
12/15/22 02:16 AM
N.E. OHIO, USA
A12 Offline
Too Many Posts
A12  Offline
Too Many Posts

N.E. OHIO, USA
Best bet is for him to sell the property and track to the developers for double the money it's worthn and find another piece of property far out and away for something that might not be developed for another fifty or seventy-five years. If he explains or gets some smarter lawyers to explain that it will be cheaper for the home developers to buy the track and property now than to put up a future fight with the noise and smell of racing and walls and traffic and etc., It happens all the time where it's less costly to buy someone out than to fight for decades about issues that will negatively impact you selling homes. Sell it for what it's worth and plus whatever you need to build an improved facility SOMEWHERE ELSE. It will save both of you time and money fighting for decades to come. He's going to lose anyway in the future.

Re: Cleetus Freedom Factory threatened [Re: A12] #3102515
12/15/22 11:36 AM
12/15/22 11:36 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Originally Posted by A12
Best bet is for him to sell the property and track to the developers for double the money it's worthn and find another piece of property far out and away for something that might not be developed for another fifty or seventy-five years. If he explains or gets some smarter lawyers to explain that it will be cheaper for the home developers to buy the track and property now than to put up a future fight with the noise and smell of racing and walls and traffic and etc., It happens all the time where it's less costly to buy someone out than to fight for decades about issues that will negatively impact you selling homes. Sell it for what it's worth and plus whatever you need to build an improved facility SOMEWHERE ELSE. It will save both of you time and money fighting for decades to come. He's going to lose anyway in the future.

The developer won't be the one fighting the track , it'll be the home owners crying to the town/county and the track paying a team of lawyers trying to stay open.

running up my post count some more .
Re: Cleetus Freedom Factory threatened [Re: JohnRR] #3102531
12/15/22 12:18 PM
12/15/22 12:18 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
My understanding is today is the hearing. With a previous vote of 5-1, I wish him luck. In my experiences, they are present but not really hearing as their minds have already started fantasizing about the revenue. SAD but TRUE twocents

Re: Cleetus Freedom Factory threatened [Re: TJP] #3102566
12/15/22 02:41 PM
12/15/22 02:41 PM
Tulsa OK
Bad340fish Online content
master
Bad340fish  Online Content
master

Tulsa OK
I got on the live stream for the board of country commissioners. It has 1.2K subscribers and there was 12000 people on the live feed lol.

The country commissioners made it very clear, the racetracks were going to be there for the rest of everyone's lives. They had already looked at the permits the tracks hold, and were going through the process to make sure they were locked in forever. They were also pretty much making fun of the proposed 84 ft barrier the property owners wanted to put between homes and the track.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340
Re: Cleetus Freedom Factory threatened [Re: Bad340fish] #3102575
12/15/22 03:06 PM
12/15/22 03:06 PM
Wichita
G
GY3 Offline
master
GY3  Offline
master
G

Wichita
Originally Posted by Bad340fish
I got on the live stream for the board of country commissioners. It has 1.2K subscribers and there was 12000 people on the live feed lol.

The country commissioners made it very clear, the racetracks were going to be there for the rest of everyone's lives. They had already looked at the permits the tracks hold, and were going through the process to make sure they were locked in forever. They were also pretty much making fun of the proposed 84 ft barrier the property owners wanted to put between homes and the track.

It will be all the Karens that move in next door and lawyer up AFTER the fact.

I have a friend that lives a mile away from me as the crow flies and knows immediately when I fire up the car with open headers and go for a drive! 84 ft. LMAO!

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.

Re: Cleetus Freedom Factory threatened [Re: Bad340fish] #3102577
12/15/22 03:07 PM
12/15/22 03:07 PM
Buckeye Lake
56_Royal_Lancer Offline
My Mouth Is Shut II
56_Royal_Lancer  Offline
My Mouth Is Shut II

Buckeye Lake

This is very encouraging to hear, thanks for passing this along

Re: Cleetus Freedom Factory threatened [Re: GY3] #3102618
12/15/22 05:13 PM
12/15/22 05:13 PM
Addison Twp, Mi.
RobG Offline
top fuel
RobG  Offline
top fuel

Addison Twp, Mi.
My neighbor has a dirt track car. Between his car, my wife's Stang and my cuda, we make great music when we fire them up. Neighbors complain, but we don't care. We have been here 25 to 30 years - they just moved in....

I am not rich...but I get off my ass everyday to make sure I am not broke!

Can we get the Mexican cartels to help us with our supply chain issues? They don't seem to have any trouble getting stuff from one place to another.
Re: Cleetus Freedom Factory threatened [Re: RobG] #3102647
12/15/22 07:01 PM
12/15/22 07:01 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
Stanton Offline
Don't question me!
Stanton  Offline
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada
The country commissioners made it very clear, the racetracks were going to be there for the rest of everyone's lives.

This doesn't matter worth a damn. When enough people want to get rid of any private enterprise, eventually they'll succeed. They'll [censored] and complain, write letters, run for council, organize protests, etc, etc, etc. The smart thing would have been to implement a covenent that prevents anyone from ever objecting but even that is no guaranty..

And selling for a small fortune and finding another more remote location is easier said than done.

One thing I would DEFINITELY do if I were him is scope out some prime billboard locations and advertise the hell out of the race track so as to possibly discourage home sales or at least make potential buyers aware of what they're moving close to. Even if its a lie, something to the effect of

"RACING NIGHTLY - 7 days per week 5 PM to Midnight - bring the whole family 'cause you're not going to be able to sleep"

Real estate agents are notorious for not revealing these things to potential buyers.

Last edited by Stanton; 12/15/22 07:09 PM.
Re: Cleetus Freedom Factory threatened [Re: A12] #3102659
12/15/22 07:18 PM
12/15/22 07:18 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State
Originally Posted by A12

That only works if the developer is even interested in buying the property.
Unless it's stupid cheap they probably won't want it.

A buddy's house in in Fenton Mo and he has 3 acres.
A developer (McBride) bought the former farm next to him (about 80 acres I believe) and is putting in a subdivision.
About half of that is valley and the other is hillside.

Their plan was and is to cut off the hillside and fill the valley and raise the ground lever 18 feet next to his property.
He complained to the developer and the county that would cause flooding issues with his property.

No one listed to his complaints and the county approved the subdivision.

All the county cares about is new real estate taxes on the new homes being built.

He told the developer he would sell them his property an market value, they don't want it.

They have now filled the valley and raised the ground lever 18 feet, and guess what?
Now he has flooding issues on his property when ever there are heavy rains....

They still refuse to buy his property...

He's documented everything from the beginning and the next step is a lawsuit against the developer and the county.

Their excuse for not buying it is they don't have enough fill dirt to bring his property up to the level that they filled the 40+ ares that they already raise the level of so it's not profitable for them to buy it. realcrazy

The hilarious part is that at the other end of the new subdivision is a trailer park know as meth head central. laugh2

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: Cleetus Freedom Factory threatened [Re: 56_Royal_Lancer] #3102721
12/15/22 10:15 PM
12/15/22 10:15 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by 56_Royal_Lancer

This is very encouraging to hear, thanks for passing this along

I am shocked and surprised. bow
EDIT: NOT SO SAYS THE NEWS See below

Last edited by TJP; 12/16/22 11:02 PM.
Re: Cleetus Freedom Factory threatened [Re: TJP] #3102887
12/16/22 02:22 PM
12/16/22 02:22 PM
San Jose,CA
migsBIG Offline
YouTube is my go-to news source
migsBIG  Offline

San Jose,CA

Re: Cleetus Freedom Factory threatened [Re: migsBIG] #3102999
12/16/22 10:52 PM
12/16/22 10:52 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
I'm a bit confused, one poster says it was a slam dunk, yet Mig's link takes one to a pre hearing recording on youtube.
Below that recording the following is posted

Here's a link to the entire live feed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtLph...
Today I'm disappointed with how everything ended up, but we have to work with what we've got. If we play our cards right we may be ok.

the live feed has been taken down so what's the real deal? shruggy

EDIT: From the local news channel fox 13

With that, the commission decided to let the project move forward to the site plan stage, which would include information about how the developer will mitigate sound impacts on new homes.

The vote was 5-2 in favor.

LINKY TO ABOVE COMMENT

Last edited by TJP; 12/16/22 11:00 PM.
Re: Cleetus Freedom Factory threatened [Re: TJP] #3103027
12/17/22 03:11 AM
12/17/22 03:11 AM
N.E. OHIO, USA
A12 Offline
Too Many Posts
A12  Offline
Too Many Posts

N.E. OHIO, USA

"If I came to you commissioners today to ask you to rezone my land to build two massive, loud racetracks right next to 4,500 homes that stood there for 50 years, would you approve it? If the answer to that is ‘no,’ then this is not a compatible use of the land," Mitchelle said. "Don't let my racetrack die."

And still, they are moving ahead with planning for 4,500 lawyers, I mean 4,500 "Karens", oops I mean 4,500 homes. The track's death sentence has just been signed; the track is now on death row.

Re: Cleetus Freedom Factory threatened [Re: A12] #3103143
12/17/22 04:52 PM
12/17/22 04:52 PM
Canada -- Posts: 4034 -Registe...
5thAve Offline
Doesn't care what this says anyway
5thAve  Offline
Doesn't care what this says anyway

Canada -- Posts: 4034 -Registe...
It's too bad the live feed went down. I had it on in the background and went back to it later and it suddenly disappeared when there was still quite a bit of time left.

The biggest problem is the current people involved all seemed to be genuinely interested in keeping the track and they all said it must be protected which is great but they also had an issue with the small distance between the houses and the track. And assuming they don't change their minds all it needs is for future members of the commitee to side with the home owners who are sick of the sound and start putting restrictions on the tracks.

Right off the bat they should have voted against the development because it's outside the boundary they previously put in place and yeah the boundary could always change if there's a good reason but from some of the things i've read there's already land available within the boundary that could accommodate all that new housing so clearly the developer went after this land instead because it's cheaper then land that was already slated for development.

Re: Cleetus Freedom Factory threatened [Re: 5thAve] #3103153
12/17/22 06:10 PM
12/17/22 06:10 PM
N.E. OHIO, USA
A12 Offline
Too Many Posts
A12  Offline
Too Many Posts

N.E. OHIO, USA
Originally Posted by 5thAve
It's too bad the live feed went down. I had it on in the background and went back to it later and it suddenly disappeared when there was still quite a bit of time left.

The biggest problem is the current people involved all seemed to be genuinely interested in keeping the track and they all said it must be protected which is great but they also had an issue with the small distance between the houses and the track. And assuming they don't change their minds all it needs is for future members of the commitee to side with the home owners who are sick of the sound and start putting restrictions on the tracks.

Right off the bat they should have voted against the development because it's outside the boundary they previously put in place and yeah the boundary could always change if there's a good reason but from some of the things i've read there's already land available within the boundary that could accommodate all that new housing so clearly the developer went after this land instead because it's cheaper then land that was already slated for development.

IMO IT'S DONE down For the board or anyone allowing it to move forward even for just planning means it will happen. Why not stop it now and not waste any more money on both sides if it's not going to happen, WHY? because it is going forward and IS going to happen. The more the landowner/realtor puts into it now after already buying the property means they are not going to stop IT'S ALL ABOUT (their) MONEY and they are not going to lose.....they have lawyers that, as a lawyer friend once said to me "I'll defend or go to bat for you, to your last dollar" and then he laughed. There's thousands of lawyers out there that will fight for the money of those potential 4.500 home and property owners and NEVER STOP. Stick a fork in it and start looking for a place to move to or get out of owning a race track. You can't win now that they're letting them move forward even an inch with planning. And you know they will use the most minimal sound abatement methods that costs them the least money and then sue for the track to stop the noise. Don't forget those 4,500 homeowners are voters too and will slowly vote in politicians that will do something about the noise, pollutions and dangerous situations at race tracks. What will also put a stop to it is someone gets hurt or worse.

Re: Cleetus Freedom Factory threatened [Re: A12] #3103169
12/17/22 07:36 PM
12/17/22 07:36 PM
CA
C
crackedback Offline
top fuel
crackedback  Offline
top fuel
C

CA
JMO

The board will say whatever they need to say in the moment to keep the masses present at the meeting mellow. At some point down the road, the tone will change and the screws tightened.

Classic political theater.

Re: Cleetus Freedom Factory threatened [Re: crackedback] #3103190
12/17/22 08:57 PM
12/17/22 08:57 PM
San Jose,CA
migsBIG Offline
migsBIG  Offline

San Jose,CA
I’d buy property all around where they are developing and put up signs ‘Freedom Factory, The Loudest Race track in America. If your buying a house here, be sure to remember that’.

Re: Cleetus Freedom Factory threatened [Re: migsBIG] #3103205
12/17/22 10:49 PM
12/17/22 10:49 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by migsBIG
I’d buy property all around where they are developing and put up signs ‘Freedom Factory, The Loudest Race track in America. If your buying a house here, be sure to remember that’.

great idea but won't stop them. It's a done deal IMO. The board saying they wat to save the track is nothing more a palm full of warming KY to soothe and give false hopes to those objecting twocents down pity popcorn

Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?
Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat yeah
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone and another one gone
Hey I'm gonna get you too

pity

Page 2 of 2 1 2