Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: This guy says that 'Everything is defective nowadays' [Re: larrymopar360] #3071699
08/26/22 07:58 PM
08/26/22 07:58 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Offline
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
Um, speaking of Timken, maybe someone with an old Power Wagon should be these oldies. I just ran across them looking at trucks. States $50 but I don't know about shipping.

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/pts/d/chardon-dodge-4x4-front-wheel-bearings/7523220204.html

00N0N_7nqvLCtMZmoz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: This guy says that 'Everything is defective nowadays' [Re: larrymopar360] #3071717
08/26/22 09:34 PM
08/26/22 09:34 PM
Crook County, ILL
Mastershake340 Offline
master
Mastershake340  Offline
master

Crook County, ILL
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by moparx
"Do keep in mind, along with age comes wisdom".......................

then please explain why the older i get, the dumber i find out i really am............. laugh2
beer
laugh

This quote has already been posted on the forum I do believe but is worth another posting

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years".

-Mark Twain

Some of the greatest philosophers in history like Confucius, Socrates and Ben Franklin made statements to the affect that a truly wise person is not wise because of how much he knows, but because of how much he realizes he doesn’t know.
Or as I have told myself for some time, the older I get the more I find I don’t know. help
By those definitions there are not too very many wise people in our civilization, as almost everyone I know claims to know everything!
At any rate, whether in people, entertainment or in product quality, there does seem to be a race to the bottom happening that accelerates every year.

Re: This guy says that 'Everything is defective nowadays' [Re: Mastershake340] #3071719
08/26/22 09:40 PM
08/26/22 09:40 PM
North Dakota
6PakBee Offline
I Live Here
6PakBee  Offline
I Live Here

North Dakota
I'm an old guy and if the younger generation doesn't want to hear what I know, please ask me to shut up and I'll gladly oblige you. up

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: This guy says that 'Everything is defective nowadays' [Re: 6PakBee] #3071739
08/26/22 11:56 PM
08/26/22 11:56 PM
Arlington, Texas
B
bobby66 Offline
master
bobby66  Offline
master
B

Arlington, Texas

We use a ton of Timken stuff in the printing business and most of them come from eastern Europe. Still pretty good stuff, for the most part. We do see a lot of parts that are DOA right out of the box, from the same countries, and it really complicates the maintenance end of the business..... work

Re: This guy says that 'Everything is defective nowadays' [Re: larrymopar360] #3071761
08/27/22 08:15 AM
08/27/22 08:15 AM
USA
360view Offline
Moparts resident spammer
360view  Offline
Moparts resident spammer

USA
Reading through this discussion reassures me that “The Wisdom of Moparts” has not gone away...

Re: This guy says that 'Everything is defective nowadays' [Re: Mastershake340] #3071827
08/27/22 01:17 PM
08/27/22 01:17 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
Originally Posted by Mastershake340

then please explain why the older i get, the dumber i find out i really am............. laugh2
beer
laugh

This quote has already been posted on the forum I do believe but is worth another posting

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years".

-Mark Twain

Some of the greatest philosophers in history like Confucius, Socrates and Ben Franklin made statements to the affect that a truly wise person is not wise because of how much he knows, but because of how much he realizes he doesn’t know.
Or as I have told myself for some time, the older I get the more I find I don’t know. help
By those definitions there are not too very many wise people in our civilization, as almost everyone I know claims to know everything!
At any rate, whether in people, entertainment or in product quality, there does seem to be a race to the bottom happening that accelerates every year.

as to the mark twain quote, he is spot on !
as the older we got, i realized the old man was way smarter than i gave him credit for !
as he was so fond of saying when i would be driving a nail, miss and hit my thumb, thereby creating "new words" : "huh ! i didn't feel a thing !" biggrin
beer

Re: This guy says that 'Everything is defective nowadays' [Re: moparx] #3071846
08/27/22 02:49 PM
08/27/22 02:49 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Offline
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
Originally Posted by Mastershake340

beer
laugh

-Mark Twain

as to the mark twain quote, he is spot on !
as the older we got, i realized the old man was way smarter than i gave him credit for !
as he was so fond of saying when i would be driving a nail, miss and hit my thumb, thereby creating "new words" : "huh ! i didn't feel a thing !" biggrin
beer
laugh So true. They taught us well! One of my dad's favorite things to say to us kids when we weren't doing enough around the house; "This isn't a Hotel you know"!

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: This guy says that 'Everything is defective nowadays' [Re: larrymopar360] #3072073
08/28/22 01:00 PM
08/28/22 01:00 PM
Nebraska
4406bbl Offline
top fuel
4406bbl  Offline
top fuel

Nebraska
Dual point rotors have always been hit or miss, even in the old days, out of 10 you might get 2 that fit right. I have an original nos rotor I bought in the 70s that is so loose it falls off the shaft, and another from advance-BWD from1992 that is so tight you can hardly get it on. It appears at this point there are 2 styles made, neither better than the other. Check them after they get hot too. On u-joints you should only use Spicer like most driveline shops, Tony is right on the c-clips, in fact one brand of joints in the 70s and 80s all used the thicker clips, Ford or Mopar. Most people and shops could not install a u-joint right if their life depended on it, but that is another looong story.

Re: This guy says that 'Everything is defective nowadays' [Re: 4406bbl] #3072293
08/29/22 09:31 AM
08/29/22 09:31 AM
North Dakota
6PakBee Offline
I Live Here
6PakBee  Offline
I Live Here

North Dakota
Originally Posted by 4406bbl
Dual point rotors have always been hit or miss, even in the old days, out of 10 you might get 2 that fit right. I have an original nos rotor I bought in the 70s that is so loose it falls off the shaft, and another from advance-BWD from1992 that is so tight you can hardly get it on. It appears at this point there are 2 styles made, neither better than the other. Check them after they get hot too. On u-joints you should only use Spicer like most driveline shops, Tony is right on the c-clips, in fact one brand of joints in the 70s and 80s all used the thicker clips, Ford or Mopar. Most people and shops could not install a u-joint right if their life depended on it, but that is another looong story.

Hmm. That wouldn't be a Mechanics joint by any chance?

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4