autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Originally Posted by 71TA
Originally Posted by autoxcuda
Those woodpeckers are destructive pests like termites

They destroy power and telephone poles. They’ll ruin one in just a few years.

Now their putting in composite fiberglass poles

Bought a new (to us) lake house. The front porch overhang has a dozen nearly pefectly round 5/8" dia holes. Some through (about an 1/8" dia). Most nearly through. I'm pretty sure they are Pecker holes! I noticed thge light coming through small holes when inspecting the attic area for bats. PS BATS SUCK smile

Are the Bats entering the attic and/nesting in the woodpecker holes?

Last edited by autoxcuda; 03/08/22 10:41 PM.
Re: Woodpecker has a bad day [Re: autoxcuda] #3022805
03/11/22 08:26 AM
03/11/22 08:26 AM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline
I Live Here
71TA  Offline
I Live Here

Warren, MI
Bats were entering at a transision between like a bay window and the main roof. Litterially slipping under a shingle. When I saw approx where they were coming out I put a next camera on the roof. They were slipping under a spot about the size and thickness of a butter knife handle!!! They slipped in and out almost like magic. Local "bat expert" wanted $5000 just to tell them to leave smile LUCKILY there is a bunch of info online. The camera on the roof was the best investment/method. The CRAZY part is you can't just seal them in. I had to wait till 9:30PM every night when the left (about 4 of them) like clockwork. Then go up on the roof and cover/block that spot. Opened it back up in the morning. Had to do this for about a week to make sure they all wetre out and had left. Then sealed for good. Then paid almost $1000 to have strips of Z shaped metal mesh over the edges of all the ridge vents. Guess that the most common place for them to come and go. WHEW. What a learning curve that was.

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets
Page 2 of 2 1 2