01/19/22 04:26 PM
01/19/22 04:26 PM
WI. U.S.A.
D
DusTed74 Offline OP
DusTed74  Offline OP
D

WI. U.S.A.
I can not get the 2 little bungs into the oil pan.
I know that they are 2 different sizes to go on the right way but this is unbelievable.
So if you have any advice I am open to your thoughts.

Thanks..........................Ted

Re: Does anyone have a trick for the lower large seal on a small [Re: DusTed74] #3006884
01/19/22 05:43 PM
01/19/22 05:43 PM
Florida
S
scratchnfotraction Offline
I Live Here
scratchnfotraction  Offline
I Live Here
S

Florida
yea they tend to be a pain. correct match up hole size and proceed...

just start it in the hole and grab it with needle nose pliers and pull it slow & steady. it will stretch and shrink then pops right it the hole. some times you have to get a better bite on it when it gets started. just don't gorilla hand it ripping the tit off.

it is also kind of hard to get the t-cover on and seated properly with the new oil pan end seals.. install cover loose/install damper to center seal & torque t-cover down. then install oil pan with the 4 corner bolts (which are the 4 longer bolts) and get them started/install the rest and torque pan bolts using the 4 corner bolts to pull it up against the new end seal.

if the t-cover has not been removed just start the 4 corners and install the rail bolts and torque bolts from center working out to the ends and the 4 corner bolts last- tight/pull pan as needed with 4 corner bolts to get pan rail close for bolts.

good luck and have fun!

ps.. curse words optional

Re: Does anyone have a trick for the lower large seal on a small [Re: scratchnfotraction] #3006894
01/19/22 06:12 PM
01/19/22 06:12 PM
Columbus, GA
Michael Ecks Offline
pro stock
Michael Ecks  Offline
pro stock

Columbus, GA
Originally Posted by scratchnfotraction
just start it in the hole and grab it with needle nose pliers and pull it slow & steady. it will stretch and shrink then pops right it the hole. some times you have to get a better bite on it when it gets started. just don't gorilla hand it ripping the tit off.

Same here. Push nipple through hole until you can't anymore. If it is being a real stinker, use a cotton swab to wipe some silicone lubricant around the base of the nipple where it gets larger. Grab the end with needle nose and pull slow and steady. should pop right through.

"The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of
your thoughts" ~ Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius
Re: Does anyone have a trick for the lower large seal on a small [Re: Michael Ecks] #3006916
01/19/22 06:43 PM
01/19/22 06:43 PM
God's Country Maryland
GODSCOUNTRY340 Online content
master
GODSCOUNTRY340  Online Content
master

God's Country Maryland
Spray them with silicone spray and they'll pull through easily.

I love the smell of Deer guts in the morning, it smells like... VICTORY!
Re: Does anyone have a trick for the lower large seal on a small [Re: DusTed74] #3006922
01/19/22 07:14 PM
01/19/22 07:14 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Patience and dedication to pull them in all the way wrench up
I would try using, a little grease or oil and maybe a heat gun on both sides one at a time until they pull in and snap and stay in up
i use a little adhesive type of silicone under the rubber in the corners to make sure they seal up when used. wrench
On the SB timing cover and front seal being able to seal up all the way let the oil pan hang down away from the pan rails before tightening the timing cover and oil pan bolts, install those bolt loosely and push the harmonic balancer on the crank far enough to be around the cover seal all the way and then tighten all the timing cover bolts first before tightening the oil pan bolts up wrench twocents
That will ensure the seal is center on the snout of the balancer and not held off center making it wear funny scope up

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: Does anyone have a trick for the lower large seal on a small [Re: Cab_Burge] #3007008
01/19/22 10:27 PM
01/19/22 10:27 PM
MI, usa
dvw Offline
master
dvw  Offline
master

MI, usa
Make sure the nipples are well lubed. Pull with pliers while wiggling one side up into the hole and then the other side back and forth. work slowly. Note some aftermarket pans have holes that are smaller than the factory pan.
Doug