04/26/09 11:30 AM
04/26/09 11:30 AM
NC
chris3 Offline OP
mopar
chris3  Offline OP
mopar

NC
All of you old time drag racers are going to know where I'm coming from this morning. All of the young members who represented MOPAR this past week-end at Pinks All Out, you save all your photos and small things you brought home, but the one thing you pass on to your children is that you were part of drag racing history in 2009. The Mopar representative, Ronnie Sox, a North Carolina boy who began his drag racing career on a track in North Carolina with a flag start. Don Carlton, Reid Whisnant. Do you know how Ronnie would have felt getting to see what took place at Charlotte this week-end?

All of you who have helped out these young people to carry on something that we have loved for so long, Bob George, Wild Bill we are moving on to the next pages in this history book and you have had a part in it.

RonP, Hemiparts, and all the rest, i'm old and have/will probably leave out some people so let's say you know who you are. You all took your shot at the most incredible drag strip ever built. The young ladies from Brat Racing, when we were talking over the week-end, by the way it was very nice to meet you and your family, you young ladies were carrying on the banner for Shiley, Judy Lilly and all the rest of the MOPAR women.

Z-Max Dragway took there place in Drag Racing History along side of Lions Dragway, Orange County and Fomoso on Saturday Night at about 8:30 pm when four cars came out of the burn out box all at the same time. And when you looked and saw four top bulbs come on, on the two trees, one after another. The ironey of this is that the bulbs were on, but, alright old timers, remember that guy and you all can remember a name with that pocket hankerchief, red shop towel whatever, when he arm dropped those 4 cars is was all the same. Now let me tell you the majority of these cars are what we all know and love as old style superstock cars. The stands on both sides of this track were full of people, sold out accoding to Z-Max, and when one group of four cars left the starting line and a wagon, can't remember the year, but he will be on Pinks All Out, lifted the front wheels higher than the tree, and as the saying goes THE CROWD WENT WILD. You will know how big a part all of you young folk were of Drag Racing History when you hear the emotion in the voice of Rich as he is talking about what has taken place.

It was hot, there was alot of formalities and shuffling around, but when it was all said and done and we pull in the yard at 2:oo am Sunday, there is no money that could have paid what this week-end was worth. Bruton Smith, knew what was taking place in history and was there riding around, at the track and in the pits on and old red golf cart

Re: Moparts at Pinks All Out [Re: chris3] #299956
04/27/09 09:17 AM
04/27/09 09:17 AM
Grove City OH
MSMOPAR340 Offline
"Official Moparts Cheerleader"
MSMOPAR340  Offline

Grove City OH
Thanks Chris! It was truly an amazing weekend and I don't think you could have said it any better. Thank you for the compliments on myself and my sister. It's always nice to see how truly respected we are in this sport. Was great meeting you down there. I just wish we could get all you guys up here for a race some time LOL!

Re: Moparts at Pinks All Out [Re: chris3] #299957
04/30/09 11:48 AM
04/30/09 11:48 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chris,
You are so on the mark I remeber when I was in the 3rd grade going to the local strip just 12 miles from Z max doing the flagging for my uncle what a thrill. That was 1963 now all these years later I took my small tired 10.5" 74 black duster street machine and ran a best of 8.75 @ 158 mph on Aaturday afternoon at Z max. We were the only small tire car to make the quick 8 (9 fastest alternate)and proud to say made a good showing for all the Mopars there. It was a great experience and one I will remember.

Re: Moparts at Pinks All Out #299958
04/30/09 11:57 AM
04/30/09 11:57 AM
Richmond , Virginia
BEEQUIK Offline
top fuel
BEEQUIK  Offline
top fuel

Richmond , Virginia
Absolutely. Could not have said it better if you tried.Ronnie would have been proud to see all of the goings on and the events at the track were just spectacular. Seeing 4 sub 10 second cars launching at once with the wheels in the air was really cool. That wagon was amazing yanking the wheels and carrying them as far as he did,seemed like almost the to the eighth mile! This just goes to show the right promotion can make a dragrace the place to be still in this day and age.Congrats to all the moparts members who made a run at it and I cannot wait to see the show!

Re: Moparts at Pinks All Out [Re: BEEQUIK] #299959
04/30/09 12:23 PM
04/30/09 12:23 PM
BROOK PARK, OH
WILD BILL Offline
Senior Member of the Junior Dragster Club
WILD BILL  Offline
Senior Member of the Junior Dragster Club

BROOK PARK, OH
I wish I could have been there to see all that in person. I don't suppose they mentioned when it might hit the air?

Re: Moparts at Pinks All Out [Re: WILD BILL] #299960
04/30/09 01:24 PM
04/30/09 01:24 PM
NC
chris3 Offline OP
mopar
chris3  Offline OP
mopar

NC
They made a comment over the PA on Saturday afternoon that the two programs Pinks All Out and Pinks All Outakes would air near the end of July to the first part of August. I believe they are advertising that their new shows are starting in the next month or so.

Re: Moparts at Pinks All Out [Re: chris3] #299961
04/30/09 03:22 PM
04/30/09 03:22 PM
Northeast Georgia
47hudson Offline
enthusiast
47hudson  Offline
enthusiast

Northeast Georgia
We had good time as always but didn't have a lot of time to get out and socialize. Does anyone know of a web site for the guys taking pic.s for the event. We left the shop in such a hurry we didn't even bring a camera! This was the 47's first trip to the track so I would like to find at least one picture of the beast.

Re: Moparts at Pinks All Out [Re: 47hudson] #299962
04/30/09 03:45 PM
04/30/09 03:45 PM
Grove City OH
MSMOPAR340 Offline
MSMOPAR340  Offline

Grove City OH
Quote:

We had good time as always but didn't have a lot of time to get out and socialize. Does anyone know of a web site for the guys taking pic.s for the event. We left the shop in such a hurry we didn't even bring a camera! This was the 47's first trip to the track so I would like to find at least one picture of the beast.

I didn't get the opportunity to take a look at my pictures either while we were there. I have not been able to get a website, but I did find the paper that they gave us with our time slips. The company is called BME Photography, they only have an email address and phone number.

800-270-3686
emb870@aol.com

Re: Moparts at Pinks All Out [Re: MSMOPAR340] #299963
04/30/09 04:19 PM
04/30/09 04:19 PM
NC
chris3 Offline OP
mopar
chris3  Offline OP
mopar

NC
BME Photography is Bryan Epps' photo buisness. Brian is both and NHRA and IHRA photographer. The photos he did of our car were super, of course the fact that you can go where you want to shoot and have the best equipment you can buy does not hurt.
I spoke with him, on the phone,this morning, if you will send him an email, include your car numbers, and request that he email you the proofs of all of the photos he took. You can then order from those proofs. Good luck.