11/05/21 01:19 AM
11/05/21 01:19 AM
North Dakota
6PakBee Online content OP
I Live Here
6PakBee  Online Content OP
I Live Here

North Dakota
Some vendors insist on using FedEx. So I got two packages delivered today via FedEx. Driver stopped, got out of the truck, and threw, THREW, both packages across our fence into our front yard. Then got back in his truck and drove off. If I hadn't seen it I wouldn't have believed it. Did I mention I hate FedEx?

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: Did I Mention I Hate FedEx? [Re: 6PakBee] #2981917
11/05/21 06:00 AM
11/05/21 06:00 AM
Abilene, Texas
F
fastmark Offline
master
fastmark  Offline
master
F

Abilene, Texas
They throw them everywhere else! You think your yard is any different? Yup. It really makes me mad too! I have a bud that is a private pilot. He was at an airport next to a FedEx plane as the people threw EVERY package in separate pile. Some were over 20 feet away. These were the air mail packages that they charge extra for and have special handling. The problem is those guys are on a timeline and nothing else matters. I’ve had trouble out of every carrier recently. USPS delivered to the wrong address next door. The people were out of town for a month but fortunately we were getting the mail but it sat on the front porch for two days in the rain. I’ve had damage from FedEx from poor packing. Just last week, a neighbor brought me a package ups had delivered to my house. I hold my breath every time I order something now. We feel your pain.

Re: Did I Mention I Hate FedEx? [Re: fastmark] #2981921
11/05/21 07:18 AM
11/05/21 07:18 AM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
Obviously I cannot speak of what happens in the warehouse or airport, all my local delivery people are real good. But I have a good relationship with them as well.

The UPS guy has been following long with my 51's build, heck he delivered most of the parts so far, lol. When he delivered the parts washer from NAPA, one corner of the lid was dinged up a small bit and he specifically got me and we discussed it. In all honesty I didn't care, it's going in the garage to clean gnarly parts, I am not putting it in the house and serving Thanksgiving dinner on it.

I've fixed my mailman's lawnmower, plugged carb from letting gas sit in it.

It's all interpersonal relationships.

Re: Did I Mention I Hate FedEx? [Re: 6PakBee] #2981927
11/05/21 08:28 AM
11/05/21 08:28 AM
Nort Cackalacky
rrbrucea Offline
Member known as the "Artist"
rrbrucea  Offline
Member known as the "Artist"

Nort Cackalacky
Recently shipped a package to Canada via FedEx--the front valance for an A-Body Barracuda--every step of the way it SAT at a FedEx terminal. Shipped it from Mebane, NC and it went to Greensboro and sat for 3 days. Every terminal along the way was the same story. It took over two weeks to get where it was going. Similar story too, while the FedEx update said it was "left at the back door," the reality is that is was left leaning up against the fence. Add me to your hate FedEx list!

Re: Did I Mention I Hate FedEx? [Re: 6PakBee] #2981994
11/05/21 11:10 AM
11/05/21 11:10 AM
N.W. Florida
F
Fat_Mike Offline
master
Fat_Mike  Offline
master
F

N.W. Florida
Originally Posted by 6PakBee
Some vendors insist on using FedEx. So I got two packages delivered today via FedEx. Driver stopped, got out of the truck, and threw, THREW, both packages across our fence into our front yard. Then got back in his truck and drove off. If I hadn't seen it I wouldn't have believed it. Did I mention I hate FedEx?

Awe, c'mon man! Just be happy they threw them in YOUR yard. Sarcasm off...

Re: Did I Mention I Hate FedEx? [Re: Fat_Mike] #2981996
11/05/21 11:18 AM
11/05/21 11:18 AM
North Dakota
6PakBee Online content OP
I Live Here
6PakBee  Online Content OP
I Live Here

North Dakota
Originally Posted by Fat_Mike
Originally Posted by 6PakBee

Awe, c'mon man! Just be happy they threw them in YOUR yard. Sarcasm off...

I guess so. More than once FedEx has delivered my stuff to the wrong address and then cheerily told me it was my problem and I would have to file a claim.

Maybe I should lower the bar some. Hell, maybe I should lay it on the ground. While we're at it, maybe I should dig a trench and lay the bar in it. Hate to expect too much out of people who are taking my money to provide a service.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: Did I Mention I Hate FedEx? [Re: 6PakBee] #2982069
11/05/21 01:58 PM
11/05/21 01:58 PM
central Florida
VL21 Offline
pro stock
VL21  Offline
pro stock

central Florida

I guess so. More than once FedEx has delivered my stuff to the wrong address and then cheerily told me it was my problem and I would have to file a claim.

Maybe I should lower the bar some. Hell, maybe I should lay it on the ground. While we're at it, maybe I should dig a trench and lay the bar in it. Hate to expect too much out of people who are taking my money to provide a service. [/quote]

My latest Fedex experience, just recently was waiting for an item to show up, tracking showed "IT'S ON THE TRUCK FOR DELIVERY", , then "DELIVERED@ ?PM", meanwhile I was home, waiting, with empty hands.

Two days later, it was left at my front door ...

I guess I should at least be happy it was all there and unbroken.

It takes gasoline to interest me.
Re: Did I Mention I Hate FedEx? [Re: VL21] #2982153
11/05/21 06:14 PM
11/05/21 06:14 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOrk ! Offline
The village idiot's idiot
dOrk !  Offline
The village idiot's idiot

Florida STAYcation
Whatabuncha curmudgeons. ... tsk

I’m like larryLOVEit HERE !!

Two recent experiences with HEAVY STUFF !

A set of 4 car skates AND a scaffolding set !

Great service !