md
M
mopars4ever Offline
I Live Here
mopars4ever  Offline
I Live Here
M

md
No problems here. I do check pricing as many times Amazon is higher. I guess people think Amazon has the best prices on everything. NOT! Also many times you can get free shipping and just as good of service elsewhere along with a better price. I think Amazon is great for the person who doesn`t have time to do the research or is too lazy.

Re: First negative experience with Amazon [Re: 6PakBee] #2939089
07/02/21 06:17 PM
07/02/21 06:17 PM
Between Houston & Galveston TX
SattyNoCar Offline OP
Smarter than no class Flappergass by a mile
SattyNoCar  Offline OP
Smarter than no class Flappergass by a mile

Between Houston & Galveston TX
Originally Posted by 6PakBee
The only time I've ever had success with an Amazon problem is to call them. It took an act of God to find a number but this is it:

1-888-280-4331

THANK YOU!! bow I called this number and got an English speaking person that was very, VERY helpful. They stayed on the line until they were sure the order was actually processed, (almost 25 minutes). boogie

An IPad might've been nice, but it's really overkill for what my Mom needs. The Kindle should do everything she needs just fine.

Moments like this are why I'm still at Moparts. up

Have a great weekend everyone. beer

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥
Re: First negative experience with Amazon [Re: 360view] #2939197
07/02/21 11:53 PM
07/02/21 11:53 PM
Canada -- Posts: 4034 -Registe...
5thAve Offline
Doesn't care what this says anyway
5thAve  Offline

I've found very few things that amazon can't beat on price but even on there you have to search well because some sellers sell the same item for 1/2 the price of another. Sometimes it comes down to the free shipping that makes the difference.

I forgot I did have one problem that I bought a sandblasting hood once. It came in an envelope with the face shield cracked all over and unusable. The seller wanted me to send it back for refund at my cost but the shipping back was almost as much as what the hood cost. Amazon did absolutely nothing to resolve my problem and even with pictures my review was removed twice. I guess the seller wasn't happy about it. Complete scam.

Re: First negative experience with Amazon [Re: 5thAve] #2939242
07/03/21 08:50 AM
07/03/21 08:50 AM
md
M
mopars4ever Offline
I Live Here
mopars4ever  Offline
I Live Here
M

md
Example. Was looking for spark plugs for my truck. NGK LZFR5CI-11 Laser Iridium Spark Plug 92145 Laser Iridium. I checked Amazon first around $172. Not even close ended up going to Rock Auto. Got them for $122 shipped. Got them in four days.

Re: First negative experience with Amazon [Re: mopars4ever] #2939282
07/03/21 11:25 AM
07/03/21 11:25 AM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
I ordered a serpentine belt tensioner, had the correct part number, picture matched on the site, bought it and got some other tensioner in the correct box with the correct part number on it. I didn't open it up until I needed it two months later, that's when I found out it was the wrong one. I haven't gotten back to them yet on it, but I think I better soon...

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: First negative experience with Amazon [Re: Rhinodart] #2939830
07/04/21 12:49 PM
07/04/21 12:49 PM
Minnesota
peabodyracing Offline
top fuel
peabodyracing  Offline
top fuel

Minnesota
Never been on Amazon and don't plan to. Their business ethics rate right there with Best Buy.

Hearing now reading this series, they do the same thing as Walmart, where they're listing things for other sellers on the company website, is enough to re-confirm my decision to keep away.

Tried that once on the Walmart web site. Ordered a higher end water softener, from someone else, posted on the Walmart site. Listing addressed everything I was looking for, specs just was I was looking for, dimensions were perfect, good price, 'guaranteed shipment in 24 hrs' was mentioned several times in the listing. They even listed their phone number to call for questions, after sale support, etc. Timing was important for this deal so I went for it.

My credit card was charged the next day.

Then, nothing. No activity on the order. Repeated emails from me got no response. I started calling on day 3. Phone never answered, no answering machine.

Day 5 I called Walmart. The poor person who took my call tried to tell me I needed to address the issue with the seller or my credit card company. I came on a little strong at that point. Got connected with someone else who tried to reach the seller as well. No answer. Walmart rep finally assured me they would get my card credited. The person acknowledged they were having some problems with some of their website sellers. I did get the credit 2 days later.

From then on, I won't order anything that isn't clearly being sold by Walmart.

Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way
Re: First negative experience with Amazon [Re: peabodyracing] #2939960
07/04/21 07:46 PM
07/04/21 07:46 PM
5thAve Offline
5thAve  Offline

Originally Posted by peabodyracing
Never been on Amazon and don't plan to. Their business ethics rate right there with Best Buy.

Hearing now reading this series, they do the same thing as Walmart, where they're listing things for other sellers on the company website, is enough to re-confirm my decision to keep away.

Tried that once on the Walmart web site. Ordered a higher end water softener, from someone else, posted on the Walmart site. Listing addressed everything I was looking for, specs just was I was looking for, dimensions were perfect, good price, 'guaranteed shipment in 24 hrs' was mentioned several times in the listing. They even listed their phone number to call for questions, after sale support, etc. Timing was important for this deal so I went for it.

My credit card was charged the next day.

Then, nothing. No activity on the order. Repeated emails from me got no response. I started calling on day 3. Phone never answered, no answering machine.

Day 5 I called Walmart. The poor person who took my call tried to tell me I needed to address the issue with the seller or my credit card company. I came on a little strong at that point. Got connected with someone else who tried to reach the seller as well. No answer. Walmart rep finally assured me they would get my card credited. The person acknowledged they were having some problems with some of their website sellers. I did get the credit 2 days later.

From then on, I won't order anything that isn't clearly being sold by Walmart.

Yup. That's one thing to watch for on amazon- A lot of that sort of stuff is either sold by amazon, sold by someone else and shipped from amazon or sold and shipped from someone else. If it's shipped by amazon returns are easy even if it was sold by someone else. If it's shipped by someone else that's when you can run into problems. That's what I found anyway.

Page 2 of 2 1 2