06/14/21 02:40 AM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State
Originally Posted by 1972CudaV21
EV = Appliance. People won’t even have to know how to drive to use one in the near future. Just tell it where to go & you’re on the way.

That's the future.

You won't be driving a car, you'll be riding in an appliance that will deliver you to your destination.
You won't be speeding because your speed will be controlled by the people who are in charge of the system.

As fat as electric cars, I have no interest in them.
With living rural I'll keep on driving something with an internal combustion engine.
Anyone I know that has tried the electric car thing hasn't been happy with it.
No real mileage range on them contrary to what they tell you when selling them.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: SNK-EYZ] #2933087
06/14/21 09:20 AM
06/14/21 09:20 AM
Michigan
MarkZ Offline
Worthy
MarkZ  Offline
Worthy

Michigan
Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ
EV = Appliance. People won’t even have to know how to drive to use one in the near future. Just tell it where to go & you’re on the way.

That's the future.

You won't be driving a car, you'll be riding in an appliance that will deliver you to your destination.
You won't be speeding because your speed will be controlled by the people who are in charge of the system.

Go give Demolition Man another watch if you haven't seen it. For a cheese 90's action movie that flic might as well have been written by Nostradamus.

1987 Fifth Avenue - 512/518/D60
Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: MarkZ] #2933092
06/14/21 09:32 AM
06/14/21 09:32 AM
Wills Point, Texas
Hugh Jorgan Offline
master
Hugh Jorgan  Offline
master

Wills Point, Texas
Originally Posted by MarkZ

That's the future.

Go give Demolition Man another watch if you haven't seen it. For a cheese 90's action movie that flic might as well have been written by Nostradamus.

iagree Except the Taco Bell parts. puke

laugh2

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: dOrk !] #2933214
06/14/21 01:52 PM
06/14/21 01:52 PM
north of coder
moparx Online content
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Online Content
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
Originally Posted by Satilite73
Originally Posted by tboomer
Thanks...[censored]...Some people have left because of your caustic attitude... tsk

And yet DocFiberglass remains..................... confused

You rang ... Satty7 ? pity devil

FEAR NOT .... I will always be here for u ! xmaseek

and i was just about to say how QuiEt the Ol DoC has been LaTelY....................... laugh2
beer

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: Hugh Jorgan] #2933229
06/14/21 02:44 PM
06/14/21 02:44 PM
Almost Heaven
B
Bob Stinson Offline
super stock
Bob Stinson  Offline
super stock
B

Almost Heaven
Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgan

That's the future.

iagree Except the Taco Bell parts. puke

laugh2

Let's hope the 3 shells deal is excluded too.

69 road runner A12 ex-racer
71 Duster w/ a 400

Shiny paint causes stress.
Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: Bob Stinson] #2933254
06/14/21 04:15 PM
06/14/21 04:15 PM
Calgary, Alberta Canada
a12rag Offline
master
a12rag  Offline
master

Calgary, Alberta Canada
One of the BIGGEST issues is still range . . . no matter what they say about the range of thier vehicle. That is a number that would be fine in wonderful nice weather year round . . .HOWEVER, battery packs have a "cooling/heating" system in them, in order to be able to charge at the optimal rate . . . get out into the northern climates, in middle of winter at MINUS 30F or C, and see the range go WAY down because the battery controller is trying to keep the battery warm !!! . . . All the other issues brought up are very valid also ! . . . 300 mile range sounds great, until you get into the "real" world . . .

Why not make EV's look "normal" . . .??? With Ford making the F150 all electric, they are giving main street exactly what they want, their "regular' vehicle, but as electric. No "outter space", Jetson's looking thing . . . You gotta remember, electric motors make full torque from ZERO RPM !!! . . . so if you want performance, you got it !! . . . just how much it sucks the battery down is another matter !! . . . maybe get a new electric vehicle, and "tow" a generator so you won't have any "range anxiety ??? . . .LOL . . . . .

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: a12rag] #2933257
06/14/21 04:30 PM
06/14/21 04:30 PM
Eagle, Idaho
Neil Online content
The Doctor is in.
Neil  Online Content
The Doctor is in.

Eagle, Idaho
How do we get the cool engine sounds we all love? Playing cards in the spokes?

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: a12rag] #2933297
06/14/21 06:46 PM
06/14/21 06:46 PM
Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
Originally Posted by a12rag
One of the BIGGEST issues is still range . . . no matter what they say about the range of thier vehicle. That is a number that would be fine in wonderful nice weather year round . . .HOWEVER, battery packs have a "cooling/heating" system in them, in order to be able to charge at the optimal rate . . . get out into the northern climates, in middle of winter at MINUS 30F or C, and see the range go WAY down because the battery controller is trying to keep the battery warm !!! . . . All the other issues brought up are very valid also ! . . . 300 mile range sounds great, until you get into the "real" world . . .

Why not make EV's look "normal" . . .??? With Ford making the F150 all electric, they are giving main street exactly what they want, their "regular' vehicle, but as electric. No "outter space", Jetson's looking thing . . . You gotta remember, electric motors make full torque from ZERO RPM !!! . . . so if you want performance, you got it !! . . . just how much it sucks the battery down is another matter !! . . . maybe get a new electric vehicle, and "tow" a generator so you won't have any "range anxiety ??? . . .LOL . . . . .

Full TQ at zero RPM is not quite true, close but not exactly. Also it is a marketing gimmick, ICE engines use TQ converters and clutches to give max TQ to the wheels WOT from a dead stop if so desired, electric proponents act as if it's not possible with piston driven engines. Technically they are pretty much right but in the real world it is totally a non issue.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: HotRodDave] #2933329
06/14/21 08:45 PM
06/14/21 08:45 PM
Connecticut
1972CudaV21 Offline
master
1972CudaV21  Offline
master

Connecticut
.....Reminds me of....

6F697412-011D-4B4D-A0BE-D61C32907C1F.jpeg

China is the enemy.
Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: HotRodDave] #2933426
06/15/21 03:44 AM
06/15/21 03:44 AM
Here
DirectSubjection Offline
Tacohead. The First and Only
DirectSubjection  Offline
Tacohead. The First and Only

Here
Originally Posted by HotRodDave

Full TQ at zero RPM is not quite true, close but not exactly. Also it is a marketing gimmick, ICE engines use TQ converters and clutches to give max TQ to the wheels WOT from a dead stop if so desired, electric proponents act as if it's not possible with piston driven engines. Technically they are pretty much right but in the real world it is totally a non issue.

But just about every car driving a commute has to get to a RPM level before giving a kick - Vs do that for every driver even in stop and go traffic.

Ride eternal, shiny and chrome
Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: Bob Stinson] #2933500
06/15/21 10:50 AM
06/15/21 10:50 AM
Michigan
MarkZ Offline
Worthy
MarkZ  Offline
Worthy

Michigan
Originally Posted by Not yr uncle Bob

Let's hope the 3 shells deal is excluded too.

Wait.....you don't know how to use the three sea shells??

1987 Fifth Avenue - 512/518/D60
Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: Rhinodart] #2934411
06/18/21 12:07 AM
06/18/21 12:07 AM
USA
M
Molloy Offline
master
Molloy  Offline
master
M

USA

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: Molloy] #2934416
06/18/21 12:34 AM
06/18/21 12:34 AM
Home
S
SRT6776 Offline OP
I hate internal combustion engines!
SRT6776  Offline OP
I hate internal combustion engines!
S

Home
Originally Posted by Molloy

Yup, performance is a non issue in the future, can go 7's or have a granny mobile, just depends what you set it to. I was against EV's but they just flat out make sense, foremost for diesel replacements, all that torque and no DEF BS or maintenance. They also make wicked weekend drag cars - 7's will be the fast EV in a year or two, Dodge will be in the fight . Back in 07 when Chrysler layed off hundreds of engineers, they all went to Tesla - the good engineers stayed and they are now building a model S killer. Stay tuned, all I gotta say

Last edited by SRT6776; 06/18/21 12:53 AM.
Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: 4406bbl] #2934432
06/18/21 05:47 AM
06/18/21 05:47 AM
Holland MI Ottawa
2boltmain Offline
master
2boltmain  Offline
master

Holland MI Ottawa
EV batteries are expensive. That's a fact. Even though they are primarily a product of unacceptably horrendous working conditions, mined in countries with zero environmental organizations and workers rights. Workers in life threatening low paid positions, dangerous byproducts pumped/poured into the lakes soil and air. How much would these batteries cost if the current miners got a decent wage? Currently the batteries are made with complete and total disregard to the human workers and environment. What if the miners had rights and protections? What if the mining companies had to not pollute and destroy where they mine? How much would the batteries cost if the workers had the same protections as we do and if the mining companies had to abide by the same rules US mining companies do. People conveniently ignore the NASTY process of mining materials and the making of these large batteries and instead focus on the alleged cleanliness of the EV. The green crowd is also the global human rights crowd but seem to give a pass to the destructive production process of lithium batteries.

Keep old mopars alive.
Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: 2boltmain] #2934456
06/18/21 09:12 AM
06/18/21 09:12 AM
North Dakota
6PakBee Offline
I Live Here
6PakBee  Offline
I Live Here

North Dakota
Originally Posted by 2boltmain
EV batteries are expensive. That's a fact. Even though they are primarily a product of unacceptably horrendous working conditions, mined in countries with zero environmental organizations and workers rights. Workers in life threatening low paid positions, dangerous byproducts pumped/poured into the lakes soil and air. How much would these batteries cost if the current miners got a decent wage? Currently the batteries are made with complete and total disregard to the human workers and environment. What if the miners had rights and protections? What if the mining companies had to not pollute and destroy where they mine? How much would the batteries cost if the workers had the same protections as we do and if the mining companies had to abide by the same rules US mining companies do. People conveniently ignore the NASTY process of mining materials and the making of these large batteries and instead focus on the alleged cleanliness of the EV. The green crowd is also the global human rights crowd but seem to give a pass to the destructive production process of lithium batteries.

When ideology is driving decisions, reality doesn't matter. It's nothing more than the old "the ends justify the means" approach.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: MarkZ] #2934721
06/18/21 10:46 PM
06/18/21 10:46 PM
North Dakota
6PakBee Offline
I Live Here
6PakBee  Offline
I Live Here

North Dakota

That's the future.

When I watch Demolition Man it's for one reason only and that's Sandy Bullock. I think she is a class act. Another of her movies, The Proposal, is a must see. up

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: 6PakBee] #2934754
06/19/21 04:06 AM
06/19/21 04:06 AM
Granite Bay CA
Kern Dog Offline
Striving for excellence
Kern Dog  Offline
Striving for excellence

Granite Bay CA
Electric inspires no interest in me. I like to go fast but without the sound, vibrations and smells, fast means very little to me.

Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: Kern Dog] #2934890
06/19/21 03:55 PM
06/19/21 03:55 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State
Until they can win a race like 24 Hours of LeMans while competing against the normal internal combustion engine race cars I'll never be impressed with electric vehicles.

It's a technology that's being shoved down the public throats whether they want it or not.

It's not "green" as they promote it being.
The mining of the rare metals for the batteries is an environmental disaster.
The toxic batteries will have to be disposed of and far sooner than they will ever admit to.
Batteries have a lifespan and can only be charged just so many time before they're useless and that lifespan is always shorter than they say it is.

That doesn't sound "green" to me.

Unless you live in a very temperate (warm) climate the range on them is very short when compared to an internal combustion engine whether it's gas or diesel.
Modern gas powered economy cars are fuel efficient and there's hardly any pollution coming out the tailpipe.

It goes back to shoving a product down the public's throat because some people in power have invested in the technology and want to profit from it.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: SNK-EYZ] #2934910
06/19/21 07:06 PM
06/19/21 07:06 PM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon
I agree that EVs are being oversold and maybe even being forced on people but they are a very good choice for certain applications such as commuting. Another great application for EV is short range return to base vehicles such as school buses, delivery vehicles such as mail, packages, etc. Anytime the vehicle runs a known route and then returns to a base location overnight is a great application for electric. I have a hard time seeing EVs being effective in a rural setting or any place where the temperature is below zero on a regular basis. I'm not sure why some people are overselling EVs. I understand that Tesla wants to hype it but there is no reason for CA to say that they are going to ban the sale of IC powered cars. They are going to have hard time figuring out how to get food and lumber harvested and to market if there aren't any IC engines. The politicians making promises like that are just stupid. Not sure why they are that stupid since it wouldn't take more than phone call to get the facts but whatever.

Last edited by AndyF; 06/19/21 07:07 PM.
Re: Electric Dodge coming to trounce the demon [Re: 6PakBee] #2934911
06/19/21 07:11 PM
06/19/21 07:11 PM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon
Originally Posted by 6PakBee

That's the future.

When I watch Demolition Man it's for one reason only and that's Sandy Bullock. I think she is a class act. Another of her movies, The Proposal, is a must see. up

She looks like a class act but she married Jesse James so that has to make you wonder how fast the wheels in her head turn.

Last edited by AndyF; 06/19/21 07:11 PM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4