Originally Posted by Satilite73
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by Satilite73
Ya know what? I'm reading this over and over, and starting to think I might just give it a try. What the heck?! If I get someone to fill the holes from old mirrors with metal, I'll take it from there. I'm tired of looking for a place, and worrying about costs, crappy job, and body shop jail. Maybe I'll take a piece at a time and see how it goes. Prepping is the key, so I have to learn a lot about that. And I'm not looking for a super car show kind of shine. Just a "looks good" and durable protection.

I say, GO FOR IT! boogie

The two cars I did were done quickly just to cover what was there and they turned out better than you'd think. The most difficult thing I found was covering the jamb areas.

As I have mentioned before, I have a fender sitting in my garage that I painted with rustoleum over 20 yrs ago. The backside I painted with POR15. It saw only one year of use, and has been sitting inside, off the car since. Guess which side is showing some rust despite not being exposed to elements? fan
Yep, and if it's TOO nice, all I will do is worry about it when I drive it. I don't want a half-a** job, but just something that looks good and lasts, and protects the truck. I'm going to study up on it and take my time. I have new weatherstrip, felts, windshield seal, everything.

Facts are stubborn things.