Northern OH
R
rapom Offline OP
top fuel
rapom  Offline OP
top fuel
R

Northern OH
My neck seems to be ok, but my seat was the only one where the seat back got bent back. My wife and daughter’s necks were a bit more sore, probably because their seat backs didn’t give. Wife went to the er today because this morning, one eye lid was a bit droopy and the pupil was smaller. Kept her all morning running tests. Doctor said some nerves in the neck control the eye lids. I will be taking her to a neurologist tomorrow.

Also got the charger back home today from impound, based on your advice. My insurance company suggested I get an appraisal from the girls company just in case they give me a higher appraisal than our agreed value.

Hopefully they will allow me to harvest the engine, and other parts if they want to take it.

Been getting a lot of lawyer calls also. Going to wait a couple of weeks to see if I am ok.

I installed frame connectors and torque boxes when I got the car. So I ‘m sure that helped limit the damage, but I’m afraid as others have suggested that we might have to move on as the damage is major.

I keep you guys posted on what happens next.

Re: Another 68 charger totaled and question [Re: rapom] #2778458
05/26/20 06:37 PM
05/26/20 06:37 PM
Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
not_a_charger Online mad
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator
not_a_charger  Online Mad
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator

Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
Hopefully they will allow me to harvest the engine, and other parts if they want to take it.

It's not up to them to "take" the car. It's up to you if you want to keep it or not. If you keep it, you keep it all. If you let them take it, they're taking it all, not less engine, interior, etc. It is challenging enough to gauge the salvage value of an older car as it is. Trying to do so without an engine, etc? They're probably not going to be inclined to invest any time in figuring what the car would be worth partially stripped. As I mentioned earlier, maybe they allow you to swap the wheels/tires out with other ones, but that's likely about it. You might end up getting lucky, but I wouldn't count on it.

There's no harm in having the other driver's company look at it and present an offer to you. Just remember, if their offer is less than what you would get from your insurance company, don't get mad, and don't stress about it. Just go back to your insurance company, and let them take over. Your Agreed Value coverage with your carrier is the perfect safety net.

I know an excellent personal injury attorney if you would like a no-string recommendation. You can PM me if you are interested. He was a litigation rep at a huge insurance company before moving into his own practice many years ago, so he knows the business inside and out.

Earning every penny of that moderator paycheck.

DBAP
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4