05/06/20 03:19 AM
Sonora CA
Mopar_Rich Offline
top fuel
Mopar_Rich  Offline
top fuel

Sonora CA
Originally Posted by dart4forte
What about mounting the Sniper to a Performer. I also saw a vid where a duel plane screws with the MAP sensor. Have to add a spacer or cut down the intakes divider. Is this true?

Yes - sort of. Dual plane manifolds were made to generate a signal that a carb needs, but TBI EFI systems don't need that. And EFI needs a map signal that represents the entire map that the engine sees, which is more consistent when using an open plenum. An open spacer or a cut down divider is a way to do that when you start with a dual plane manifold.

Re: Attention EFI Users [Re: Mopar_Rich] #2771747
05/06/20 10:41 AM
05/06/20 10:41 AM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
thanks for answering my question Rich ! bow
the fuel system i'm putting in my charger is being designed for FI down the road, although when i get it running again, it will be carbed.
i now have a 3/8" feed, and i'm going to bend up a 1/2" return.
i just purchased an aeromotive 340LPH pump, so the next move is a regulator, hopefully one that has high and low pressure capabilities so i don't have to buy it again.
beer

Re: Attention EFI Users [Re: Mopar_Rich] #2771858
05/06/20 05:05 PM
05/06/20 05:05 PM
Mesa, Arizona
D
dart4forte Online boogie OP
I Live Here
dart4forte  Online Boogie OP
I Live Here
D

Mesa, Arizona
Originally Posted by Mopar_Rich
What about mounting the Sniper to a Performer. I also saw a vid where a duel plane screws with the MAP sensor. Have to add a spacer or cut down the intakes divider. Is this true?

Yes - sort of. Dual plane manifolds were made to generate a signal that a carb needs, but TBI EFI systems don't need that. And EFI needs a map signal that represents the entire map that the engine sees, which is more consistent when using an open plenum. An open spacer or a cut down divider is a way to do that when you start with a dual plane manifold.

So, is there a standard rule for the amount of space the throttle body needs?

“So if it’s on the internet it must be true”

Abe Lincoln
Re: Attention EFI Users [Re: Mopar_Rich] #2771861
05/06/20 05:07 PM
05/06/20 05:07 PM
Mesa, Arizona
D
I Live Here
I Live Here
D

Mesa, Arizona
Originally Posted by 70Challengerse
I sell and support Holley EFI. I DO answer the phone too!

do you still support FAST also, the biggest piece of crap ever produced, that I spend thousands ,because you also supported, all I ever heard from them was your out of warranty,as my quad driver failed twice,and flooded the motor .... met with u at Carlilse years ago and you had no answers,and I was not the the only one, every one was having problems, you just blew it off.....PATHETIC....

FAST was one of the leaders 10-15 years ago and their higher end XFI products still work, and yes I am one of the ONLY people that still answer the phone and I will support a FAST user if they have one of the higher end products. FAST made a mistake with the lower end systems. There's nothing I can do for an EZ user where I cannot get into the software. 99.9% of my sales are other products, such as Holley, but I still want to help if I can. So I actually DO answer the phone and I'm proud to be known for that.

Sounds fair to me.

Abe Lincoln
Re: Attention EFI Users [Re: dart4forte] #2771903
05/06/20 07:40 PM
05/06/20 07:40 PM
Sonora CA
Mopar_Rich Offline
top fuel
Mopar_Rich  Offline
top fuel

Sonora CA

That's a tuffy. Any amount of opening helps, but there is no magic number because camshaft parameters affect it. There are thousands of Sniper users out there that never did anything about their dual plane manifold and they are running fine. Sorry to be vague but it's the truth. Use a single plane if possible is all I can suggest.

Re: Attention EFI Users [Re: Mopar_Rich] #2771943
05/06/20 10:11 PM
05/06/20 10:11 PM
Mesa, Arizona
D
I Live Here
I Live Here
D

Mesa, Arizona

That's a tuffy. Any amount of opening helps, but there is no magic number because camshaft parameters affect it. There are thousands of Sniper users out there that never did anything about their dual plane manifold and they are running fine. Sorry to be vague but it's the truth. Use a single plane if possible is all I can suggest.

I have a thick spacer/gasket on the Manifold now. Might just work. The motor is a stock low compression 318 with a Performer manifold, headers, an electronic distributor with a fairly lazy advance curve and a MSD 6A.

Abe Lincoln
Re: Attention EFI Users [Re: Mopar_Rich] #2771945
05/06/20 10:16 PM
05/06/20 10:16 PM
C
CDoering Offline
CDoering  Offline
C

Holley also has a EFI forum that is broken down by specific model lines like Sniper, HP or Dominator. There are also numerous Holley EFI Facebook pages that get tons of traffic with technical advice and questions.

Most of the race tracks I go to I see the majority of the cars running EFI conversions are all Holley. So you are more likely to run into other people that are familiar with Holley than the others in my experience.

Re: Attention EFI Users [Re: CDoering] #2771959
05/06/20 11:33 PM
05/06/20 11:33 PM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
The question is sort of irrelevant to the EFI used. I am running a Microsquirt system with dual 1bbl TB's on a reproduction dual 1bbl intake for my flathead six. I had to make a 1" adapter to mount the throttle bodies to the intake and I tapped both adapters to feed a common source to the MAP sensor. With the 4bbl TBI setup you still need a common vacuum source but it doesn't have to be anything huge, just enough to tie both sides together. A thick gasket may do the trick. Pic shows my setup to feed the MAP, if you had stack EFI you'd still need to tie all eight setups together to provide a common source.

PCV mockup.jpg
Re: Attention EFI Users [Re: Sniper] #2772048
05/07/20 10:26 AM
05/07/20 10:26 AM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
that is a REALLY NEAT setup you have there for your flat six !
i'm pretty sure you have said before, but is that a 216 ?
are you running an overdrive on your three speed ?
beer

Re: Attention EFI Users [Re: Sniper] #2772063
05/07/20 11:06 AM
05/07/20 11:06 AM
Mesa, Arizona
D
I Live Here
I Live Here
D

Mesa, Arizona
Originally Posted by Sniper
The question is sort of irrelevant to the EFI used. I am running a Microsquirt system with dual 1bbl TB's on a reproduction dual 1bbl intake for my flathead six. I had to make a 1" adapter to mount the throttle bodies to the intake and I tapped both adapters to feed a common source to the MAP sensor. With the 4bbl TBI setup you still need a common vacuum source but it doesn't have to be anything huge, just enough to tie both sides together. A thick gasket may do the trick. Pic shows my setup to feed the MAP, if you had stack EFI you'd still need to tie all eight setups together to provide a common source.

Pretty trick

Abe Lincoln
Re: Attention EFI Users [Re: moparx] #2772073
05/07/20 11:42 AM
05/07/20 11:42 AM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
Original 218 and no OD on the trans either

Re: Attention EFI Users [Re: Mopar_Rich] #2772175
05/07/20 05:33 PM
05/07/20 05:33 PM
Fresno, CA
Jim_Lusk Offline
I Live Here
Jim_Lusk  Offline
I Live Here

Fresno, CA

This will get interesting on my son's 440 then. Stock 1967 intake (four hole). There is no room for an aftermarket intake unless there is one that is exactly the same height. It would be easier to modify a 1970 factory intake due to it having two oval holes (sold the one that I had). Would you mount it (Holley) and see how it goes or...?

Re: Attention EFI Users [Re: Jim_Lusk] #2772215
05/07/20 07:48 PM
05/07/20 07:48 PM
Sonora CA
Mopar_Rich Offline
top fuel
Mopar_Rich  Offline
top fuel

Sonora CA
Yep. Many people do that and are okay. Too bad you don't have enough space for a 1" spacer.

Re: Attention EFI Users [Re: Mopar_Rich] #2772261
05/07/20 09:41 PM
05/07/20 09:41 PM
Fresno, CA
Jim_Lusk Offline
I Live Here
Jim_Lusk  Offline
I Live Here

Fresno, CA
Yep. Many people do that and are okay. Too bad you don't have enough space for a 1" spacer.

When you run this air cleaner and plan on using the air box as well things are real tight AND the neck is already cut down on the base...

MVC-019S.JPG
Re: Attention EFI Users [Re: Jim_Lusk] #2772424
05/08/20 11:37 AM
05/08/20 11:37 AM
Irving, TX
feets Offline
Senior Management
feets  Offline
Senior Management

Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk

When you run this air cleaner and plan on using the air box as well things are real tight AND the neck is already cut down on the base...

Do what was suggested above. Pop a small hole in each side of the manifold below the carb pad and link them together with tube. Tie that to the map sensor. This assumes you have a separate map instead of an integrated unit.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon
Re: Attention EFI Users [Re: CDoering] #2772427
05/08/20 11:42 AM
05/08/20 11:42 AM
Irving, TX
feets Offline
Senior Management
feets  Offline
Senior Management

Irving, TX
Originally Posted by CDoering
Holley also has a EFI forum that is broken down by specific model lines like Sniper, HP or Dominator. There are also numerous Holley EFI Facebook pages that get tons of traffic with technical advice and questions.

Most of the race tracks I go to I see the majority of the cars running EFI conversions are all Holley. So you are more likely to run into other people that are familiar with Holley than the others in my experience.

That is a HUGE bonus. My first EFI system was a rather obscure unit that works opposite of most. I struggled with it due to nobody knowing how to tune it and the learning curve was steep.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon
Re: Attention EFI Users [Re: feets] #2772509
05/08/20 03:29 PM
05/08/20 03:29 PM
Mesa, Arizona
D
I Live Here
I Live Here
D

Mesa, Arizona
Originally Posted by feets
Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk

Do what was suggested above. Pop a small hole in each side of the manifold below the carb pad and link them together with tube. Tie that to the map sensor. This assumes you have a separate map instead of an integrated unit.

I believe the Map Sensor in internal to the throttle body

Abe Lincoln
Re: Attention EFI Users [Re: dart4forte] #2773096
05/10/20 09:27 AM
05/10/20 09:27 AM
Irving, TX
feets Offline
Senior Management
feets  Offline
Senior Management

Irving, TX

I believe the Map Sensor in internal to the throttle body

In that case you'll likely need to remove a fair portion of the divider between the two sides of the carb pad

- Stu Harmon
Page 2 of 2 1 2