Originally Posted by Mr. Potatohead
I had to google overleveraged, ha ha, Im not super well off but have no debt or credit cards, pay cash, but recently have been using my debit card in public as I dont want back and forth bills.

Same here, no mortgage (paid off early) no credit cards, no personal loans, cash for everything, got my tax refund back in Feb. to the tune of $7300.... I know we had these discussions before about the pros/cons of credit cards, mortgages/payoffs and tax returns-paying or refund, I'm just glad at this time my employer is considered "essential", so I have work, and no bills other than utilities, property taxes, travel expenses (gas/repairs if needed) food, etc... feel bad for those with no work currently having an assortment of big mortgages, 1 or more car payments, personal loans, credit card debt and all the other "American way of life" incurred debts.... when everything finally does come back on line, and the priorities of day to day living that took precedence over one's incurred debt are now secondary, the American way of life for most will be a debt clogged backed up toilet with no relief being in sight but reprocessions, foreclosures, bankruptcy and forfeitures, etc in store for most , the economy is going to have enough trouble getting back on it's legs production wise, never mind financially....