03/01/20 03:26 PM
03/01/20 03:26 PM
South Bend
John Brown Offline
top fuel
John Brown  Offline
top fuel

South Bend
And, when you visit Canada, you gotta leave your second amendment protection home.

Not an option I wanna consider.

July 19th should be "Drive Like Rockford Day". R.I.P. Jimmie.
Re: Real ID [Re: Rhinodart] #2748229
03/02/20 07:47 AM
03/02/20 07:47 AM
North East USA
B
BIGGERED Offline
Reasonable Title
BIGGERED  Offline
Reasonable Title
B

North East USA
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by RWG75
I have a passport, still can't get me into Canada anymore ..

What's up with that? We crossed in to Canada a few months ago and all they needed to see was passports.

The "fun" part was not having solid answers for any of the standard questions. We were going to Niagara off season so just threw a bag in the trunk and hit the road. How long are you staying? 2 or 3 days maybe. Where will you be staying? We're gonna try the Cadillac Motel or maybe something around the corner. Bringing in any tabaco? Yeah, a few packs of cigs. Bringing in any food? Yeah. How much and what? Point to my girl and she says "just some road snacks".

Pull up and park over there.

Clearly they were bored because it took 3 of them to search the car. Clearly one or more of them were idiots because they got concerned about the folding luggage protector in the trunk and one actually asked me if the car was a convertible. I really don't know what kept from saying some stupid to that. Oddly enough the whole thing came to a screaming halt when they found the adult toys in the luggage.

Hey, get back here and close that suitcase - it wasn't open when you started.

I was a bad boy in 1978 and got a felony. If you have a felony anytime from the day you were born, or a DUI, you will now not be granted access to Canada. That happened after the 2016 election if you get me drift. And to the original intent of this thread, I already know several of my friends who have renewed their license IN ILLINIOS and they opted out of the "REAL ID" drivers license with no problems, your state may vary. If you don't live in a certain state you cannot tell me what happens in my state...

I think your fine, if it was a one time only event. There was a ton of concern on the fishing forums but I believe they changed the law just prior to implementation as it read if you were convicted of a crime that would be charged as a felony in a Canada which became pan issue for many more travelers.

TY
K

Re: Real ID [Re: BIGGERED] #2748269
03/02/20 11:35 AM
03/02/20 11:35 AM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Originally Posted by BIGGERED
Originally Posted by RWG75
I have a passport, still can't get me into Canada anymore ..

What's up with that? We crossed in to Canada a few months ago and all they needed to see was passports.

The "fun" part was not having solid answers for any of the standard questions. We were going to Niagara off season so just threw a bag in the trunk and hit the road. How long are you staying? 2 or 3 days maybe. Where will you be staying? We're gonna try the Cadillac Motel or maybe something around the corner. Bringing in any tabaco? Yeah, a few packs of cigs. Bringing in any food? Yeah. How much and what? Point to my girl and she says "just some road snacks".

Pull up and park over there.

Clearly they were bored because it took 3 of them to search the car. Clearly one or more of them were idiots because they got concerned about the folding luggage protector in the trunk and one actually asked me if the car was a convertible. I really don't know what kept from saying some stupid to that. Oddly enough the whole thing came to a screaming halt when they found the adult toys in the luggage.

Hey, get back here and close that suitcase - it wasn't open when you started.

I was a bad boy in 1978 and got a felony. If you have a felony anytime from the day you were born, or a DUI, you will now not be granted access to Canada. That happened after the 2016 election if you get me drift. And to the original intent of this thread, I already know several of my friends who have renewed their license IN ILLINIOS and they opted out of the "REAL ID" drivers license with no problems, your state may vary. If you don't live in a certain state you cannot tell me what happens in my state...

I think your fine, if it was a one time only event. There was a ton of concern on the fishing forums but I believe they changed the law just prior to implementation as it read if you were convicted of a crime that would be charged as a felony in a Canada which became pan issue for many more travelers.

TY
K

Yes, a few of my friends who have been going on a fishing trip to Canada every year for decades can no longer go because of priors. I know a few who have still been able to go, but they drive and have not been pulled into the office yet, it will happen eventually. Reciprocity between the US and Canada and better electronic communications have facilitated this...

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Real ID [Re: Rhinodart] #2748401
03/02/20 07:34 PM
03/02/20 07:34 PM
in a cattle trailer down by th...
G
Guitar Jones Offline
Paddle faster! I hear banjo music!
Guitar Jones  Offline
Paddle faster! I hear banjo music!
G

in a cattle trailer down by th...
But yet some want to allow anyone that comes across our southern border illegally to stay. The world has gone insane, that is all I can say.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost coming soon!
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.
Re: Real ID [Re: Guitar Jones] #2748402
03/02/20 07:37 PM
03/02/20 07:37 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
They have a strategic reserve to protect.

Rhino might smuggle a box of instant pancake mix across with him along with a bottle of Mrs Buttersworth.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: Real ID [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #2748540
03/03/20 11:34 AM
03/03/20 11:34 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
I thought the Canadian "draconian" ( my word) measures on admission to their country was retribution for US initiated border crossing clamp downs?

Hey I have little countenance for DUI's, but 30+ years ago one time mistake being a forever border restriction is IMO, draconian.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: Real ID [Re: jcc] #2748547
03/03/20 12:13 PM
03/03/20 12:13 PM
Ontario, Canada
mccannix Offline
master
mccannix  Offline
master

Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by jcc
I thought the Canadian "draconian" ( my word) measures on admission to their country was retribution for US initiated border crossing clamp downs?

Hey I have little countenance for DUI's, but 30+ years ago one time mistake being a forever border restriction is IMO, draconian.
Yep, I agree 'draconian ' on both sides... My buddy is denied admission to the US for the same one time mistake...42 years ago
Both countries have the same policy.

Re: Real ID [Re: mccannix] #2748756
03/03/20 09:30 PM
03/03/20 09:30 PM
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Originally Posted by mccannix
Originally Posted by jcc

Yep, I agree 'draconian ' on both sides... My buddy is denied admission to the US for the same one time mistake...42 years ago
Both countries have the same policy.

True, but Canada just started enforcing it hard line in 2017...

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Real ID [Re: Rhinodart] #2748757
03/03/20 09:32 PM
03/03/20 09:32 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
Ive had rougher times getting back into the US then getting out, always end up in secondary.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3