central texas
K
krautrock Offline
top fuel
krautrock  Offline
top fuel
K

central texas
i did an excel spreadsheet to compare area, it's super quick copy and paste or ctrl down, even do quick formulas to divide jet areas into each other to see how much percentage you are adding or dropping...unless my diameters are wrong, that 72 to 73 jet jump is larger than most...

i did #8 brass screws in the transition slots and drilled that as large as i could without killing the hex, around .081" or so...
it's lean enough now that if i hold the rpm's steady at ~1800 rpm when the motor is cold it will start to get really unhappy after about 5 seconds.
it's good once it's warm.

lots of people say the transition restrictor isn't necessary with the older holley carbs because the transition slot in the baseplate is sized correctly, unlike the newer biller stuff.

i dropped way down on the main jet and went for an easy cruise, got it up on the mains and just barely crowded the throttle, nice and lean and unhappy...added more jet until it was nice and smooth and the plugs were clean.
i started looking at main jet area plus PVCR area at that point, it's pretty close to equal area as the secondary side. that's good enough for now.

Re: Holley 950 Street HP [Re: krautrock] #2588839
12/07/18 11:06 PM
12/07/18 11:06 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
If I'm remembering correctly the numbers on all Holley jets are flow numbers, not the inside diameter scope I had a chart that showed several of the upper 70s jets, 75,76,77 maybe, that had the same I.D. but different tapers on the fuel outlet sides of those jets which changed the flow number results shruggy
As far as jetting I do most of my tuning in two jet numbers up at first until the car slows down and then down one jet size at a time until it slows down again in the 1/4 mile MPH while watching the spark plugs for color and spotting on the insulator up scope

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Page 2 of 2 1 2