07/30/17 11:57 AM
Newark Valley, NY
jim6346 Offline OP
mopar
jim6346  Offline OP
mopar

Newark Valley, NY

Hi RapidRobert,

Tried the above, still no fire. It has a new ECU, Voltage Regulator and Dual Ballast Resistor (4 Terminal). I jumpered the blue side of the resistor and also the + side of the coil, no luck.

The two wires coming back from the distributor seem to be hooked up correctly. Maybe a ground somewhere?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: 383 with electronic distributor [Re: jim6346] #2345745
07/30/17 03:46 PM
07/30/17 03:46 PM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
pull the yellow wire/female connector off of the "ign" terminal on the starter relay to disable the starter. take the coil wire out of the dist & hold the end 1/4" from a ground (such as the intake surface). seperate the zigzag dist pickup connector & drag the male tip of the body half across the intake metal surface which will make/break contact & see if it makes the coil wire produce sparks as a helper in the dr seat holds the ign key to "start". You might do this first with the key in "run" which will save you the trouble of grabbing a helper cuz if it wont spark in run then we're still dead in the water. first you might check the reluctor gap and ohm the pickup for basic continuity if you have a meter. is this a 4 pin or 5 pin ECU & is it an OE 5 pinner or a parts house 5 pin and you have confirmed that it is wired correct right? The archives is right except you don't want the yellow wire to go to the ballast as it shows tho someone posted that that is correct for some apps tho I ain't seen one (nor can I figure out how that would be kosher). Holler back when you can. EDIT yes jumper the ECU case to ground which will ans that potential & save you the trouble of removeing/cleaning it (unless that turns out to be the problem).

Last edited by RapidRobert; 07/30/17 05:15 PM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth
Page 2 of 2 1 2