02/02/09 01:32 PM
02/02/09 01:32 PM
S
sst404b Offline OP
enthusiast
sst404b  Offline OP
enthusiast
S

Rhino, The crank pulley was blasted and had not been painted and there was not a water pump pulley,I was tired of waiting for parts and decided to just put it in the car and change out parts later.One question I have is #5 plug wire is right on the power steering box,did I miss something?Everything is in line and appears to fit nicely except that spark is real close.Also could the Mods move this to Members as suggested eariler? I will post more pics later.
Thanks, Ray

Re: GTS meets motor, pics. [Re: sst404b] #207581
02/02/09 08:56 PM
02/02/09 08:56 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Quote:

Rhino, The crank pulley was blasted and had not been painted and there was not a water pump pulley,I was tired of waiting for parts and decided to just put it in the car and change out parts later.One question I have is #5 plug wire is right on the power steering box,did I miss something?Everything is in line and appears to fit nicely except that spark is real close.Also could the Mods move this to Members as suggested eariler? I will post more pics later.
Thanks, Ray

I have found that the reproduction wire sets that are sold have the wrong length wires for the driver's side. The only one's I have found that are right are from these guys:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...RTQ:MOTORS:1123

I had trouble with the #5 and #7 routing with the typical repro sets, this set has the correct length, especially for the #7 wire!

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: GTS meets motor, pics. [Re: Rhinodart] #207582
02/03/09 12:37 PM
02/03/09 12:37 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks, Ray

I have found that the reproduction wire sets that are sold have the wrong length wires for the driver's side. The only one's I have found that are right are from these guys:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...RTQ:MOTORS:1123

I had trouble with the #5 and #7 routing with the typical repro sets, this set has the correct length, especially for the #7 wire!

You need a set for a C Barge with a 383 HP engine . I used a repop set I think I got from Jacks for my Bee , the only one that was too short was #7 which makes sense , it needed to be about 5 inches longer than the non c body set , the other wires seemed to be fine .

Another note , not to be nit picky, but the OP has a 68 right side valvecover .

Page 2 of 2 1 2