J
JulieJordan Offline
enthusiast
JulieJordan  Offline
enthusiast
J

CA
Jeff,

I'm not aware that we got pumped for displacement, doesn't mean it didn't happen as I'm not always around when things are happening, but no one mentioned anything about it to me.

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 [Re: moderncylinder] #20237
04/26/06 05:06 PM
04/26/06 05:06 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

ok guys,, the rule from nhra is that you can drill fuel flow passages and air bleeds,, all other modifications are prohibited. now if someone has thinned blades and profiled screws but another has down leg boosters when they had straight leg from the factory,, is there a difference in this? is one legal and the other not? i think this is where bucky has a problem and why he is arguing. charlie had down leg boosters in the secondary and bucky had the thinned blades and so on. now nhra told charlie it was ok to run with those carbs, but some guys are still complainin

jeff

Jeff I am a little confused,then why did bucky said he knew nothing about his carbs,and he was going to take legal action against the guy that did the carbs and it was only the screws,and if nhra told charlie his carbs were alright,why would anyone complain,I didn't not know anyone one was upset about this except travis and bucky? I think this bring up a bigger question,the way it sounds now bucky knew about this all along.

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20238
04/26/06 06:45 PM
04/26/06 06:45 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

my ohio boys are not mad,they just get even pancake and wilkes both are runnng well,and don't forget pancake holds the record, i also am confused, but lets move on as long as charlie gets the trophys back and nhra found him legal which they did.and i see he will get the check but no mention of the trophys. maybe they will get him new ones.

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20239
04/26/06 07:04 PM
04/26/06 07:04 PM
detroit area
M
moderncylinder Offline
top fuel
moderncylinder  Offline
top fuel
M

detroit area
i dont know if bucky knew or not,, guys this is between bucky, charlie, and nhra. however it works out im sure it will be fine and they will all be back racing together soon. im waiting to see if nhra says the downleg booster thing is legal or not so i can do a set and see how much they are worth, but they havent made a decision yet. charlie went through tech, was ok,, the tech even knew about charlies, and others carbs on friday and let it stand, but even if they told him to take them off he would still been the fastest car. this is getting so old...

jeff

www.moderncylinderhead.com WANTED,, Something for Nothing, MUST be better than NEW condition,, YOU pay shipping...
Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 [Re: moderncylinder] #20240
04/26/06 08:46 PM
04/26/06 08:46 PM
DFW
M
mr_340 Offline
master
mr_340  Offline
master
M

DFW
Jeff, I didn't see you around on Saturday. I saw Doug and the Teutons, Julie, Harry and most of the other racers. Maybe you were working or maybe just hiding from me?

It looked like Jeggie was right with CW in the third round in ET. There were several cars capable of winning that race, not just CW. The fastest car doesn't always win. Wilkes looked really good. The next race will be interesting with new carbs for Bucky and maybe Pancake will have his transmission problems solved.

Floyd Lippencott IV
Re: 68CUDA&DARTS SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 [Re: backaruda] #20241
04/26/06 09:43 PM
04/26/06 09:43 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

mrnobodyracer,

Sorcerer SS/AH out first round at Indy

Last qualifying pass was a 8.957, so we're gaining on it.

First round car ran an 8.991 on a 8.99 dial. Driver stayed at the starting line too long. Still a little paranoid after earlier passes when I was trying to leave at (.011), (.010) and .001 ... backed off to a .098

We'll keep working on the car, power and the driver, not in that order

I finally found this just wanted let guys see this new car.One of the new cars for the SS/AH wars,looks like for the first time out its running pretty good,also great looking car.

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20242
04/26/06 10:47 PM
04/26/06 10:47 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Ok,well I've been biting my tongue for long enough. I've been catching a lot of smack, on marie's board from my first initial post. I apologized on there for the things I said about Charlie and Marie. I admitted that I let anger do most of my typing, after getting home late at night from Belle Rose. Seeing all this trash talking set me over the edge, after seeing how distraught and defeated my dad looked all day Sunday.

It's funny how you people that weren't even there, know how everything went down. We weren't mad at Charlie for coming back and getting awarded the victory. We were just baffled that my dad was being tossed for something he knew nothing about. You guys act like you are going to check every little nut and bolt before you go to race. Why would you check the blade screws when they have never been a problem before. He just assumed that they were the same as the ones for the past 15 years. He's never dealt with Braswell,and just assumed that they were legal, because that is what Joe Clark asked for. A LEGAL set of SS/AH carbs. There is a far cry from being a deliberate cheater and running parts on your car that you do not know are illegal.
My dad has never been tossed for anything, and he's been at this Hemi thing since 88'. People keep saying 30 plus tear downs, where are they? Well maybe I miscounted a few. But he set the national record 9 times, and he was torn down 3 times in one season. So he is legit, and I'm sick of you all calling him a cheater. If you want to talk about this matter on a more personal level, you can be sure that he will be at Columbus, and Englishtown. I apologize if I said some mean things at first, that's not like me. Like I said, how would you feel if this situation happened to your dad? This is my one and only post on here. I'm tired of hearing all this crap.

Re: 68CUDA&DARTS SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20243
04/26/06 11:04 PM
04/26/06 11:04 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

mrnobodyracer,

First round car ran an 8.991 on a 8.99 dial. Driver stayed at the starting line too long. Still a little paranoid after earlier passes when I was trying to leave at (.011), (.010) and .001 ... backed off to a .098

I finally found this just wanted let guys see this new car.One of the new cars for the SS/AH wars,looks like for the first time out its running pretty good,also great looking car.

great looking car he must have lived in ohio at sometime

just trying to move on guys .

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 [Re: Truck Y'all !] #20244
04/26/06 11:09 PM
04/26/06 11:09 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

The only check Bucky has in his posession is the "display" check Mopar presented to him at Belle Rose. For 2006, Mopar Hemi Challenge payouts come from NHRA. We're having them administer the program and assist with marketing.

Bucky's rule violation is far from what has been characterized as "cheating" in some posts here. He hasn't run off with anybody's (Charlie's)money, either. It hasn't been paid out yet.

Mopar values the rigorous inspection that racing in NHRA offers. Would you tow your car all over the country if there was no way to verify if rules were being broken by your competitors?

I was as surprised as all of you when I came to the track Sunday morning and heard the news. Mopar's the last to know !

I was glad to be able to congratulate Charlie (Sr. and Jr.) but I know he would have rather won under different terms, for sure.

Those of you hating on Charlie and/or Bucky... C'mon. Get out to the next Hemi Challenge event at the Jeg's Northern Sportsnationals in Columbus. If you saw this stuff live... how hard these guys work... they make you proud to be into Mopars and even KNOW what a hemi is and what it can do.

thanks for you post when can i get one of those new 2 door challenger?

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20245
04/26/06 11:17 PM
04/26/06 11:17 PM
Balt. Md
383man Offline
Too Many Posts
383man  Offline
Too Many Posts

Balt. Md
Wow this thing is really blown way overboard to me. I love the SS/AH cars and as a matter of fact I love most of the SuperStock and Stock cars. I just check this post to read about how fast they are running and see the pics of these cool cars. I have nothing to say about it as I was not there and dont think it'a a big deal. It's over and handled by the people that had to handle it. Let it go. I can add that I met Bucky Hess a few years ago at Mason Dixon dragway's Mopar Show. I was walking thru the car show and walked up to look at a 66 (I believe it was a 66) Hemi Sattelite and stared to talk to the guy in the car. Then I realized who it was and asked if he was Bucky Hess ?? He said yes and then talked to me for about 20 minutes. I asked where that cool Cuda was and he told me they were taking it easy today and hanging out in the car show as his son's 65 Hemi car was there also. But he was very polite and took time to talk and tell me all about the Cuda. I don't know what happened with the carbs and don't care as its over and done but I can say Bucky Hess took time to talk with me and tell me all about the Cuda. To me thats someone who enjoys his racing and was kind enough to take his time and talk with me for almost a 1/2 hr. He is ok in my book and my opinion is I don't think he would deliberatly cheat at all but like was said someone else did the carbs. Its done and over and I would like more info on the race at Cecil County in May as I plan to try and go. Thanks , Ron

Last edited by 383man; 04/26/06 11:20 PM.
Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20246
04/26/06 11:29 PM
04/26/06 11:29 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Buckeye why don't you oder one from Jim Pancake,I bet he would take you deposit. and didn't you know michigan guys get them first

And don't you guys get this lock by the mods PLEASE. this is over with we are moving on.and buckeye this means you too.

Re: 68CUDA&DARTS SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20247
04/26/06 11:34 PM
04/26/06 11:34 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

One more time.

Re: 68CUDA&DARTS SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20248
04/27/06 12:00 AM
04/27/06 12:00 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Thanks Travis for the post.

Last edited by mrnobodyracer; 04/27/06 12:03 AM.
Re: 68CUDA&DARTS SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20249
04/27/06 07:30 AM
04/27/06 07:30 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Valuable lesson here --- ignorance is not an excuse. Now back to racing

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20250
04/27/06 07:33 AM
04/27/06 07:33 AM
Hampstead, MD.
Troublemaker427 Offline
super stock
Troublemaker427  Offline
super stock

Hampstead, MD.
Quote:

Ok,well I've been biting my tongue for long enough. I've been catching a lot of smack, on marie's board from my first initial post. I apologized on there for the things I said about Charlie and Marie. I admitted that I let anger do most of my typing, after getting home late at night from Belle Rose. Seeing all this trash talking set me over the edge, after seeing how distraught and defeated my dad looked all day Sunday.

It's funny how you people that weren't even there, know how everything went down. We weren't mad at Charlie for coming back and getting awarded the victory. We were just baffled that my dad was being tossed for something he knew nothing about. You guys act like you are going to check every little nut and bolt before you go to race. Why would you check the blade screws when they have never been a problem before. He just assumed that they were the same as the ones for the past 15 years. He's never dealt with Braswell,and just assumed that they were legal, because that is what Joe Clark asked for. A LEGAL set of SS/AH carbs. There is a far cry from being a deliberate cheater and running parts on your car that you do not know are illegal.
My dad has never been tossed for anything, and he's been at this Hemi thing since 88'. People keep saying 30 plus tear downs, where are they? Well maybe I miscounted a few. But he set the national record 9 times, and he was torn down 3 times in one season. So he is legit, and I'm sick of you all calling him a cheater. If you want to talk about this matter on a more personal level, you can be sure that he will be at Columbus, and Englishtown. I apologize if I said some mean things at first, that's not like me. Like I said, how would you feel if this situation happened to your dad? This is my one and only post on here. I'm tired of hearing all this crap.

Hey Travis, you and your dad are OK in my book. Go get them next time and prove to all of the keyboard cowboys on Marie's board it wasn't the carbs that made you guys fast!!

Jody Aberts 1966 Fairlane 427 Troublemaker2 AA/NSS 1964 Galaxie 500XL 390-4spd. 1966 F-100 390-C6 1967 Plymouth VIP 383-TF 2003 Roadking
Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 [Re: Troublemaker427] #20251
04/27/06 09:09 AM
04/27/06 09:09 AM
detroit area
M
moderncylinder Offline
top fuel
moderncylinder  Offline
top fuel
M

detroit area
i always thought it would be a good thing to be torn down at a meaningless race. so that nhra can look over all the little things i/we may overlook so that when it does matter you know you are totally legit. just move forward and keep on going, thats all you can do. travis i agree completely with you, but if any part that isnt up to the tech guys standards is on your or your dads car, your responsible for it. holton has been through tech many times but for instance if jeg won and was thrown out for something big so that it would justify a suspension, jeg should be suspended,, not holton. jeg drove the car. thats the way it works,, so we all know now to look for little stupid things that might not matter but infringe on nhras rules,, and we will move forward.

jeff

www.moderncylinderhead.com WANTED,, Something for Nothing, MUST be better than NEW condition,, YOU pay shipping...
Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 [Re: moderncylinder] #20252
04/27/06 09:49 AM
04/27/06 09:49 AM
CA
J
JulieJordan Offline
enthusiast
JulieJordan  Offline
enthusiast
J

CA
Travis ~ I was stuck in an airport on Monday and missed all the hoopla. I think I'm glad. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you to hang in there. A few years back my team was unjustly accused of cheating. I said things I probably shouldn't have because I was tired of all the trash talk hurting my Dad...someone I've watched work so hard, follow the rules, is very honest,achieve milestones in this sport and then get trash-talked. People believe what they want things to be, not always the way they are. You guys had a great performance in Belle Rose. Hold you head high, move on and keep at it. See you soon.

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 [Re: JulieJordan] #20253
04/27/06 11:05 AM
04/27/06 11:05 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I think when names are used to post and you don't have to guess at who that was that said what,and you can post under any name you want you get bashing,that why this site is so great you know who saying what,and I know that most of the Hemi guys that race are members here,some post some just look,I look at the RESPECT that people have on moparts for other people and racers and that what makes this a great place to post.We may not all agree with each other but everybody seems to make it work and in the end everybody has RESPECT for each other. And I want to thank everybody for showing that RESPECT.

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20254
04/27/06 11:41 AM
04/27/06 11:41 AM
New Lenox, IL
A
AMXDuster Offline
mopar
AMXDuster  Offline
mopar
A

New Lenox, IL
Travis, You know I have the highest respect for both you and and your dad. I commend you guys for your honesty and competitive drive that has contributed greatly to SS/AH racing. Even in conversations with me, Bucky has had nothing but the highest regard for other racers. I look forward to following the class this year.

Arvid Svendsen

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20255
04/27/06 12:52 PM
04/27/06 12:52 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Buckeye why don't you oder one from Jim Pancake,I bet he would take you deposit. and didn't you know michigan guys get them first

And don't you guys get this lock by the mods PLEASE. this is over with we are moving on.and buckeye this means you too.

very funny,but i was looking for one they wanted to have us ohio guys test for them for about 2 years oh thats right you michigan guys have to learn how to drive first

me get this locked no way this is the only news and updates i get well almost

Page 50 of 97 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 96 97