04/25/06 04:08 PM
04/25/06 04:08 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

NHRA said it was illegal, so that is what it is.
I am not saying that cheating is not happening -- but when you get caught - have enough character to stand up and admit your were cheating - don't blame it on someone or something else.
And yes, everyone of the Missile cars were very illegal (read bogus) -- but so was Jenkins and Dyno and Sox and Booth and Maskins and Poole and VanCleeve and Bagshaw and Yow and etc etc etc --- WE all were CHEATERS !!!

Last edited by P9x25; 04/25/06 04:26 PM.
Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20217
04/25/06 06:18 PM
04/25/06 06:18 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Here is a letter from
Charlie Westcott telling his take on this subject as he has been bad mouth on another board,so he had to defend himself from bucky and friends of bucky

this is pretty bad when the guy that did nothing wrong has to tell people what happen,how dare they make him the bad guy.

the talk around here in ohio is the same things as stewart has been saying.and to keep the check and trophys and now its up to charlie to get them back what he supposed to do? like the bucky family going to give them to him.

i also read the post on marie site before they were deleted,i could not belive what bucky son was saying and blaming charlie and then all his buddy bashing charlie.

thats is why this is the best site on the internet for info and the truth and you can speak your mind without getting bash

and i am a big pancake fan i can tell you that i am sure that our ohio hemi guys pancake and wilkes
dont go along with this crap.

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20218
04/25/06 07:09 PM
04/25/06 07:09 PM
Shelby mi.
J
JAKE68 Offline
pro stock
JAKE68  Offline
pro stock
J

Shelby mi.
I talked to Charlie today and he said that chrysler has not paid out the money yet to anyone. Charlie got the money for low qualifier. Bucky has the trophy and the large check with his name on it. (the one you keep as a trophy)

JAKES AUTOMOTIVE
Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 [Re: JAKE68] #20219
04/25/06 07:19 PM
04/25/06 07:19 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I talked to Charlie today and he said that chrysler has not paid out the money yet to anyone. Charlie got the money for low qualifier. Bucky has the trophy and the large check with his name on it. (the one you keep as a trophy)

jake are you the ss/ah guy that has that great looking dart?

well i guess they cant cash that big check
now all he has to do is get the trophys

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20220
04/25/06 07:24 PM
04/25/06 07:24 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Did anyone happen to save the comments that Hess made on the Marie's site -- I sure would like to read that - email or pm me if you have it

thanks

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20221
04/25/06 07:58 PM
04/25/06 07:58 PM
detroit area
M
moderncylinder Offline
top fuel
moderncylinder  Offline
top fuel
M

detroit area
c'mon guys,, let it go. let the parties that have a specific interest talk this through. this isnt productive for anything or anyone.

jeff

www.moderncylinderhead.com WANTED,, Something for Nothing, MUST be better than NEW condition,, YOU pay shipping...
Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20222
04/25/06 07:59 PM
04/25/06 07:59 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Did anyone happen to save the comments that Hess made on the Marie's site -- I sure would like to read that - email or pm me if you have it

thanks

P9x25, i was just getting ready to print them out when the whole thing was deleted at that time it was real ugly and marie was also getting bad mouth by bucky son his name is travis it had alot of nasty stuff in it thats why it was deleted and charlie was on his way home so he couldn't defend himself i wish i could tell you word by word but i would just screw it up they made charlie out the bad guy and marie sorry maybe someone else did.
and you are stand up guy
you tell it like it is.

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 [Re: moderncylinder] #20223
04/25/06 08:02 PM
04/25/06 08:02 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

c'mon guys,, let it go. let the parties that have a specific interest talk this through. this isnt productive for anything or anyone.

jeff

jeff i am sorry i posted before i saw yours.

i am done

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20224
04/25/06 08:40 PM
04/25/06 08:40 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hi jeff,you might want to past that on to travis over on marie site.

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 [Re: moderncylinder] #20225
04/25/06 08:50 PM
04/25/06 08:50 PM
Hampstead, MD.
Troublemaker427 Offline
super stock
Troublemaker427  Offline
super stock

Hampstead, MD.
Quote:

i was down there, and went to dinner with bucky on friday night. he overlooked this, or he knew about it. who cares?? this is embarassing for bucky and the win went to charlie. im sure after bucky thinks this over he will calm down. i didnt talk to him after he was thrown out, but could you imagine his shame?? what they threw him out for was nothing the really gave him an advantage. if he had another set of carbs on it, he still would have beat everyone that he DID beat. this is between charlie and bucky to get the trophy and that big check back. the track was total crap on saturday and things played out the way they did,, so be it. bucky is nothing less or more in my book because of this. he is a good guy and straight and honest.. period. anyone who is upset that they were taken out by him through eliminations is a baby. his carbs didnt do a damn thing for it. most of you guys on here dont know the entire story, and if you did, might think differnetly. im not going into it because its not productive for anyone.

this is the way i see it....

fastest a/h cars in the country

1. westcott(who cares what carbs)
2. bucky (who cares what carbs)
3. wilkes
4.holton
5.defrank/houser
the rest get so close and guys are working out their combos so its a judgement call. we will see at the next race when they are all together and see how it plays out. jerry caro had the best 60ft, so he had the best working car,, but he didnt run when the track went away.

jeff

Well said Jeff!!! Yes Bucky was wrong. Yes he reacted bad when it all went down. Do you expect him to be happy? I'm sure Bucky will cool off and everything will work out.

And the crap on Marie's board is insane!!! I will never post on there ever again or until she requires names and emails. What a bunch of jerks. All of this bickering among the SS/AH faithful has just given more fuel to the Hemi Haters fire.

Jody Aberts 1966 Fairlane 427 Troublemaker2 AA/NSS 1964 Galaxie 500XL 390-4spd. 1966 F-100 390-C6 1967 Plymouth VIP 383-TF 2003 Roadking
Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 [Re: Troublemaker427] #20226
04/25/06 09:00 PM
04/25/06 09:00 PM
new jersey usa
11secdart Offline
master
11secdart  Offline
master

new jersey usa
Exactly what I said before, the brand X ers will have a field day with this. Because remember every brand X car is totally 100% legal. Like the only way a Vette can run AA is to take the Hemis out of the class. Get over it guys! and go back to racing those awesome cars!!!

68 Dart 410 / 904
92 D150 original owner
21 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, Big Horn , Hemi ,4x4
23 Audi Q5
16 Honda HRV
Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 [Re: 11secdart] #20227
04/25/06 09:35 PM
04/25/06 09:35 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Alright then....I have a little input. First of all,Bucky is a friend of mine and has been for years. I hate it for him and for all involved that this happened...but its not the end of the world.Bucky is a great guy. I have no idea how he reacted or how he handled himself...but unless we were actually there....then all we can do is listen and believe who we choose. I can guarnatee you that if someone were to nit-pick ,every one of the SS/AH cars have something illegal.Whether it be on the suspension,engine or whatever. Not neccessarily a performance advantage...but bending the rules.

Now....I am building a new Top/Stock car. I am a welder and a rancher.I had my engine built by Southland Performance. The heads and intake were done by Jeff. If I had to go thru teardown...and it was found I was illegal because my combustion chambers had been messed with or because the cam had to much lift...well ? Yes it was my car,and it was illegal..but to call me a cheater wouldnt be very appropriate.I dont know how to check those things and I have to intrust those that did the work to do that. Do you see where I'm coming from ? The carbs on Bucky's car were done by Braswell if I'm not mistaken. Westcott said he builds his own engine and his own carbs...but I know he doesnt build the whole car. Point is...when you run a class car-there are things that other folks sometimes get hired to do that you cant really check--not everyone,but majority of racers.
To get on a computer and run off at the mouth and bash anyone is gutless. I dont care who you are. This was a bad situation and is being blown way out of proportion. Do you think folks acted like this back in the 60's ? We all push the rules....and if you dont.....you'll never be the fastest.
I saw a big named guy kicking butt in Comp. Eliminator years ago...but I noticed his clutch pedal was protruding thru the floor...not swinging like it did from the factory. It was not what the rules called for, but it wasnt a big deal...see where I'm coming from ?
I dont know Westcott,so I dont have an opinion of him. Hes a great racer and a good engine builder-thats been proven. Bucky is a good guy too and we all have similar interests. All the hoopla is good for competition....but enough is enough.
I know something else...Joe Clark is a heck of an engine builder and he is showing already he can make horsepower with the HEMI ! He hasnt been working on it that long. I like the HEMI wars. I wish I could win the lottery and play with the HEMI guys myself.....lol.
I dont know many folks on this board and I'm not trying to make any enemies. Jeff has been very good to me and I'm happy with the work he has done for me. Hes the only one I have ever talked to on here. I want apologize to any of you for the way I feel. I'm not politically correct !I know that. I just hope we can all get along and keep on racing.
Adios !

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 [Re: 11secdart] #20228
04/25/06 09:40 PM
04/25/06 09:40 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Jody, I see the first NSCA race was rained out,I am looking forward to makeing it to some of the races,Hope to see you at one of them. I will be glad when some more of the new Hemi guys start racing.I posted a pic of one that was at Indy last week just have to find it again.

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20229
04/25/06 11:19 PM
04/25/06 11:19 PM
Michigan
Truck Y'all ! Offline
Truck Y'all !  Offline

Michigan

The only check Bucky has in his posession is the "display" check Mopar presented to him at Belle Rose. For 2006, Mopar Hemi Challenge payouts come from NHRA. We're having them administer the program and assist with marketing.

Bucky's rule violation is far from what has been characterized as "cheating" in some posts here. He hasn't run off with anybody's (Charlie's)money, either. It hasn't been paid out yet.

Mopar values the rigorous inspection that racing in NHRA offers. Would you tow your car all over the country if there was no way to verify if rules were being broken by your competitors?

I was as surprised as all of you when I came to the track Sunday morning and heard the news. Mopar's the last to know !

I was glad to be able to congratulate Charlie (Sr. and Jr.) but I know he would have rather won under different terms, for sure.

Those of you hating on Charlie and/or Bucky... C'mon. Get out to the next Hemi Challenge event at the Jeg's Northern Sportsnationals in Columbus. If you saw this stuff live... how hard these guys work... they make you proud to be into Mopars and even KNOW what a hemi is and what it can do.

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 [Re: Truck Y'all !] #20230
04/26/06 08:47 AM
04/26/06 08:47 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Friend or Foe -- A little or A lot -- Charlie or Bucky. These are not the issues in question here.
It appears that some people are losing sight of what is Right and what is Wrong.
If you win a contest and afterwards, during a technical inspection, it is discovered that you violated the written rules - you are disqualified - you do not win - you lose because you cheated. There are no degrees of wrong. If it is your friend, he cheated. If it is your enemy, he cheated. This is very plain and simple. If you doubt this, ask your wife if she thinks Clinton had sex with Monica!
This is not the end of the world for most of the people involved. It is not about what someone else did, or if everyone else violated some rule. It is about the credibility of the series, the people that oversee it and the people that fund it..
It is about the Winner meeting the written rules.
Where this went totally bad, is the actions and comments made after the DQ. The disrespect some people have shown towards other competitors or websites, and the comments and threats still being made by a minority of people. These actions reflect badly on the people and teams involved and they should get that taken care of.
Some people, here, really need to step back and reevaluate their attitudes and core beliefs. Our society is based on rules, no one is above them nor exempt from them. If someone thinks that they are, then they are disrespecting all the rest of us and we should not tolerate it. If you do not like the rules, then work to change them.
It is very noticeable that some of the people involved - have not gotten into this bad display of a lack of self control. I applaud those people, they have the class, character and integrity to not dirty themselves nor their sponsors with this issue.
Right or Wrong - Legal or Illegal - and how you represent yourself, your family, your sponsor and your group. These are the only things that matter.... A very simple concept and an easy decision to make.

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20231
04/26/06 09:12 AM
04/26/06 09:12 AM
Hampstead, MD.
Troublemaker427 Offline
super stock
Troublemaker427  Offline
super stock

Hampstead, MD.
Quote:

Jody, I see the first NSCA race was rained out,I am looking forward to makeing it to some of the races,Hope to see you at one of them. I will be glad when some more of the new Hemi guys start racing.I posted a pic of one that was at Indy last week just have to find it again.

We weren't ready for Atco anyway. We hope to be at Cecil in May for the NSCA. I'd like to do some testing before then.

I'm thinking about getting me some of those recessed screw throttle shafts. I heard they make your car real fast and I need all the help I can get with this old Ford!!!

I'm looking forward to the new SS/AH cars too. I'm really looking forward to the new stick cars!!

Indy is going to be fun.

Jody Aberts 1966 Fairlane 427 Troublemaker2 AA/NSS 1964 Galaxie 500XL 390-4spd. 1966 F-100 390-C6 1967 Plymouth VIP 383-TF 2003 Roadking
Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 [Re: Troublemaker427] #20232
04/26/06 10:42 AM
04/26/06 10:42 AM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Quote:

I'm thinking about getting me some of those recessed screw throttle shafts. I heard they make your car real fast and I need all the help I can get with this old Ford!!!

I would guess that the screws may affect ET by maybe a thousandth or 2, but when these guys are spending big $$$$ for a couple hundredths, a free couple thou is a baragin.

Was it intentional? Maybe, maybe not, but it was illegal just the same.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 [Re: slantzilla] #20233
04/26/06 02:39 PM
04/26/06 02:39 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

doest anyone know the truth about this statement i saw else where.

quote[anyone with a flow beach that has done any testing will tell you that yes,thining out the blades and/or shaving the blade screws will increase cfm flow.]quote

i am just trying to get an answer to this question,true or false? anybody know?

Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 #20234
04/26/06 02:57 PM
04/26/06 02:57 PM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Quote:

doest anyone know the truth about this statement i saw else where.

quote[anyone with a flow beach that has done any testing will tell you that yes,thining out the blades and/or shaving the blade screws will increase cfm flow.]quote

i am just trying to get an answer to this question,true or false? anybody know?

Yes, it will improve flow a little. IIRC, the reason they outlawed it was that they were also thinning down the throttle shafts and they were breaking.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: BELLE ROSE SS/AH NEWS AND UPDATES 2006 [Re: slantzilla] #20235
04/26/06 04:36 PM
04/26/06 04:36 PM
detroit area
M
moderncylinder Offline
top fuel
moderncylinder  Offline
top fuel
M

detroit area
ok guys,, the rule from nhra is that you can drill fuel flow passages and air bleeds,, all other modifications are prohibited. now if someone has thinned blades and profiled screws but another has down leg boosters when they had straight leg from the factory,, is there a difference in this? is one legal and the other not? i think this is where bucky has a problem and why he is arguing. charlie had down leg boosters in the secondary and bucky had the thinned blades and so on. now nhra told charlie it was ok to run with those carbs, but some guys are still complaining.

julie,, do you know of anyone or did you guys get pumped for displacement on saturday? i know they pumped teuton, wilkes, and hess,, you know of anymore?

jeff

www.moderncylinderhead.com WANTED,, Something for Nothing, MUST be better than NEW condition,, YOU pay shipping...
Page 49 of 97 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 96 97