Puyallup, WA
S
StealthWedge67 Offline
master
StealthWedge67  Offline
master
S

Puyallup, WA
Well, I'll put a mark in the other column on this one. I'm not going to say that a $300 ACC converter is going to out-perform a $650 or more top of the line converter, but I will give you my experience. I have been running one of their level-1 (2800-3200) converters for a couple of years. I have had no issues with "slipping". I have made many 1/4 mile passes with it and my car is as consistant as they come, so I can say that the one I have works well. I did recently have some tranny issues, but it was due to a kinked line (oops, my bad) and subsequent overheating. I believe it to be unrelated to any converter issues. While the tranny is out of the car, I sent the converter back to ACC to freshen. They rebuilt the converter and adjusted the stall to a level-2 (3500) for $55. I asked how they would be adjusting the stall speed in my converter, knowing that they have been accused of just bending some of the fins in the turbine to reach a desired stall speed. They told me that while that method has been utilized to some extent in the past, my converter would have all the fins pitched equally. They also took the time to answer all my questions, and explained to me that by welding the fins instead of brazing them, their converter should be stronger than most on the market. My grade for customer support and service: A+ !

I also have a friend that runs an ACC level-2 street bandit in his 408 Dart. His car is also as consitant as any, and has had no issues related to the converter. He is also a happy ACC customer.

My feeling is that while it may not be the absolute best converter on the market at any price, for a street - strip car that is going to see the track a handful of times a year, ACC offers and exceptional value. I also feel that as a company grows, they learn lessons and their product generally gets better from these lessons learned. I'm sure the guys who said they had problems with ACC products are also giving their honest opinion, after all, nobody on this board would ever embelish the facts to bash a budget product, would they? On my budget, I personally wouldn't hesitate to buy another ACC converter. Although if budget was not a concern for me, I admit I'd most likely go with a more proven brand.

Fair enough?

LemonWedge - Street heavy / Strip ready - 11.07 @ 120
Re: Anyone ever use an ACC/ Alabama convertor? [Re: StealthWedge67] #197797
01/23/09 11:01 PM
01/23/09 11:01 PM
Back In Iowa
B
belv2vert66 Offline
pro stock
belv2vert66  Offline
pro stock
B

Back In Iowa
I tend to get lucky on things like this. Sooooo after a lengthy conversation with them, my core is going in to be built. Hybred as I described above and will be the level 1 2800 to 3200 stall. My car will see the strip about 5 times a year.....It will be late spring before I can post the results, but I will.

Re: Anyone ever use an ACC/ Alabama convertor? [Re: belv2vert66] #197798
01/24/09 09:09 AM
01/24/09 09:09 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They used to be the worst but company was sold and new owner has things under control--so I have been told--have used two in the last year with no problems--CALL them, talk to the guy and see what they say--I heard that they are bending over backwards to get a good rep---

Page 2 of 2 1 2