master
mshred  Offline OP
master
M

Toronto
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Originally Posted By 440Jim
Originally Posted By mshred
I'll have to decide what to do asap since I want to get this thing back together and running this week

I would be surprised if you have the exact same breakage anytime soon. It might not last 300 passes, or something else might give up... But at least you are racing right away.
I wouldn't.........he runs on drag radials. That is the MOST unforgiving tire there is for a race car. Would be better off with slicks from a driveline breakage aspect.

As for the nitrous, you can likely spray it all you want, just don't leave on it, because you are going to break it again nitrous or not

Monte

Ughh, Monte your thoughts here are EXACTLY what I was thinking and why I was just going to throw in a high stall vert and run on motor...drag radials, heavy car, and nitrous from off the line just don't sound like a good recipe for success, and I know every trip out to the track is now going to be a "I wonder if its gonna break this pass", but it is all I have right now.

Just got the trans put back together tonight...gonna put a smaller pill in the plate, and pull extra timing at the hit on the spray to hopefully soften the launch and strain on the trans and cross my fingers it lasts till the end of the season (I only have one more spare output shaft after this lol).

I need to really start weighing my options for a next transmission

Re: Time for a 727?? [Re: mshred] #1831256
05/21/15 12:57 AM
05/21/15 12:57 AM
Janesville, WI
SpareParts Offline
pro stock
SpareParts  Offline
pro stock

Janesville, WI
Leave on a percentage or time delay (as a crutch) until you decide what to do

Just my opinion but I'm not very bright lol