okla.
O
okie Offline OP
pro stock
okie  Offline OP
pro stock
O

okla.
I am changing the glass out in my 70 RR and I have everything out of the door except the vent glass and frame, it is all loose but it will not pull out of the door. Is there a trick to getting these out? And how do I get the new glass back in them when I get ready to put them back together? TIA Ronnie in Okla.

Re: 70 RR Door Glass removal ? [Re: okie] #180853
01/01/09 08:52 PM
01/01/09 08:52 PM
arizona, usa
L
lokalik Offline
super stock
lokalik  Offline
super stock
L

arizona, usa
at the very bottom of the door is a mount that holds the vent window frame down. there should be a plug in the bottom of the door remove this plug and you can access the nut. after you remove the nut you can lift the frame out, as you bring it out rotate it back and the frame will clear the front area in the gap. also there is a allen screw that holds the vent frame. just below the vent window there is another plug a small one in the door, if you only loosen the screw and not take it out the nut will stay in place. a good idea is to only take apart one door at a time. once the vent frame is out you can see how to take it apart to change the glass. reinstall in reverse procedure

Last edited by lokalik; 01/01/09 08:55 PM.
Re: 70 RR Door Glass removal ? [Re: lokalik] #180854
01/01/09 09:57 PM
01/01/09 09:57 PM
okla.
O
okie Offline OP
pro stock
okie  Offline OP
pro stock
O

okla.
I took the bottom brace loose, but it was broke anyways so I've got to fix that. On the set screw I just loosen it to get the frame out? I need to strip both of them so I can get them painted. On putting then back together do you put the door glass in the front runner and put it all back in the door at the same time? I know there has to be a way to get them back together without tearing all my new sliders and stuff up. Thanks Ronnie

Re: 70 RR Door Glass removal ? [Re: okie] #180855
01/01/09 10:34 PM
01/01/09 10:34 PM
arizona, usa
L
lokalik Offline
super stock
lokalik  Offline
super stock
L

arizona, usa
the set screw is what i called the allen screw right?if thats correct only loosen the screw. there is a block of metal that is drilled and tapped this is the nut for the allen screw. if you remove the allen screw that block will fall out, not a big deal to reinstall just no need to if you don't have to. put the vent frame in first leaving the bolts and screws loose then install the door glass. the black rubber seal at the top of the vent frame has to be off to do this. have the clear plastic channeling on the front of the door glass poke holes in it for the white plastic guides. install the guides and slide the door glass in from the top of the vent frame. pm me and i will give you my phone# if that will help. it looks hard but it is really easy to do.