03/29/15 10:53 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
Quote:

Well as far as i have reserched a company called motor castings actually cast the R3 blocks. And if you google them the pics on thier site have some bbc blocks that have dart cast onto them. And if you look at a little M chivvy block it has thier foundry mark on it just like the R3. So that tells me Motor castings casts dart stuff. So why not try to let dart buy those castings and bring the R3 back. Under a new name of course.

A new R block would be great but I'd rather have a 4.25" bore Gen III block.

Re: NEW DART MOPAR BLOCKS !!!!! [Re: ] #1772335
03/29/15 11:25 PM
03/29/15 11:25 PM
geezer acres rest home
D
dakotawilly Offline OP
mopar
dakotawilly  Offline OP
mopar
D

geezer acres rest home
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

even hemphill doesnt run a mopar motor anymore,and he builds mopars !!!

Tom H. gave up racing several years ago. Still has the car but he's on a LONG break and helping others.

I have a view from the other side to throw in this conversation
I have built and race Mopars only for 25 years or more--I came home from the hospital in a 50 Plymouth and I LOVE me some Mopars but...
I recently started racing and playing with a front engine dragster nostalgia car that happens to sport a 350 sbc I built the engine that is in the car from Craigslist parts, some nice new rockers and valve springs etc--a new set of rods and some nice machine work --I bet I don't have $2000 in it less the stack fuel injection Hilborn unit which I did buy at the flea market with a fuel pump for a mere $600! It is running mid five second range and I have to say....I can stop on the way home from work for milk and they have dome pistons for it on the shelf! It is easy as can be to score quality parts.
Now...I am serious about building some real power and started shopping for real race parts and it is an EYE OPENER--My local warehouse has 6 different blocks in stock--dozens of rod choices and cranks, etc It is always in stock.
The crazy amount of quality used parts is simply stunning!
It is refreshing and has made building a good race piece reasonable $$$

We as Mopar Guys have been paying a "Mopar Tax" on everything we have ever bought--- and even though we now enjoy more parts than ever in the aftermarket--we are light years behind on heads alone--

I run my cars for the love of speed and competition--not because I support some brand that has never cared about little ole me.

A good look from the other bench can be an eye opener and good learning experience.

.............thats the exact truth,you can source and build a bowtie from used parts for next to nothing.but,as we get more and more parts,the prices will go down when the market is full on used stuff.except blocks.somehow,somewhere,someday it will happen.a factory will be squirting out mopar blocks,especially for all the new heads falling from trees.........i am still emailing and talking to anybody i can about getting this done...

SFI 25.5 depends,no leak,even at 213 mph....
Re: NEW DART MOPAR BLOCKS !!!!! [Re: justinp61] #1772336
04/02/15 04:15 PM
04/02/15 04:15 PM
Nowhere, USA
O
OUTLAW MOPAR Offline
OUTLAW MOPAR  Offline
O

Nowhere, USA
All I'm saying is motor castings made the block and they make dart blocks it's all ready been done just remake. I would buy 3 right away.

Re: NEW DART MOPAR BLOCKS !!!!! [Re: OUTLAW MOPAR] #1772337
04/02/15 09:11 PM
04/02/15 09:11 PM
geezer acres rest home
D
dakotawilly Offline OP
mopar
dakotawilly  Offline OP
mopar
D

geezer acres rest home
motor castings would surely do it,its a state of the art facility.only problem is they cast for others.they are only a manufacturer and the financial part and retail end of it would fall to somebody else.my checking account balance does not have quite enough zeros at the end.if it did i would be at their door tomorrow morning.maybe we can crowd fund a block project...

Re: NEW DART MOPAR BLOCKS !!!!! [Re: dakotawilly] #1772338
04/03/15 10:26 AM
04/03/15 10:26 AM
Nowhere, USA
O
OUTLAW MOPAR Offline
OUTLAW MOPAR  Offline
O

Nowhere, USA
Well im in who else.

Re: NEW DART MOPAR BLOCKS !!!!! [Re: OUTLAW MOPAR] #1772339
04/05/15 11:24 PM
04/05/15 11:24 PM
geezer acres rest home
D
dakotawilly Offline OP
mopar
dakotawilly  Offline OP
mopar
D

geezer acres rest home
i recently emailed mike sanders again at dart,so far he has not returned my email.i am hoping that what he said about looking into the need for mopar blocks was a real offer and not just a "thanks for emailing me" answer.these things take time so we shall see.if i hear nothing back by the end of the week i will email richard and test the waters.richard has always been straight forward and to the point and he calls the shots and writes the checks.i for one wont let this rest for long.there are other manufacturers who just may want to jump on this turnip truck,you never know .....

Re: NEW DART MOPAR BLOCKS !!!!! [Re: dakotawilly] #1804570
04/15/15 11:53 PM
04/15/15 11:53 PM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
Sounding like another dream crushed.

Re: NEW DART MOPAR BLOCKS !!!!! [Re: dakotawilly] #1804843
04/16/15 11:30 AM
04/16/15 11:30 AM

C
crabman173
Unregistered
crabman173
Unregistered
C

Last edited by crabman173; 04/16/15 01:13 PM.
Re: MOPAR BLOCKS [Re: SomeCarGuy] #1892272
08/15/15 07:37 AM
08/15/15 07:37 AM
Melbourne
rain man Offline
rain man  Offline

Melbourne
Originally Posted By SomeCarGuy
David Hakim used to post here and he worked for MP. maybe the best bet for any company would be to attempt to buy the tooling from Fiat. FCA might not care and certainly this isn't in their main scope. A foundry might be able to service a niche market profitably.

Seems Fiat dont seem to want to know (or worse, they dont want the blocks around)

There are mega blocks out there, kolenos, and even the thicker mains early 70's 400's also, perhaps they need to be used as a starting point in getting any B/RB happening.

And even though the SBM is a good platform in theory (bore space, cam height etc better than SBC)

The greater demand seems to be for B/RB, and something along the lines of what world/MP and Koleno were doing... iron, reasonable price, siamesed, 4 bolt, and the majority of applications would see it wanting to hold under 1500 HP without it breaking.

It would probably have to be out of china to be viable.

Thats my 2c.

I have absolutely no experience in foundry stuff so wouldnt know where to start myself, i know there are people out there who'd be decades ahead of a newbie with knowledge of whats involved.

Ive read something from a certain SOURCE who said why the 440 sauce blocks never happened, the upfront order and hence investment that was requested from the USA based foundry was in the millions, with alot of blocks needed to be ordered and paid for up front. Most people, just about all really, wouldnt want or need to take that chance.

Perhaps it might not be like that out of china regarding initial investment and order quantities, and tech is improving re. scanning pre-existing blocks, its not like much needs to be designed from scratch if a mega block is profiled for example.

Anyway ive stumbled across these pages in my travels, one seems to be the dart knock offs which are speedmaster / procomp.

Quote:

1. we can produce cylinder block for you according to your drawings or samples
2. we can produce cylinder block for auto& motor& raxing car& heavy machine...
3. we can supply cylinder block for many models:

http://www.weiku.com/products/19195820/G...gine_block.html

Quote:

Our factory is specialized in manufacturing cylinder block, already have more than 12 years experience in China, the material selects the Chinese best raw material.

We have the ability to make the products according to customers samples and drawings and hope to cooperate with the new customer.

http://qdklai.en.made-in-china.com/product/qMmJpPrdZZkS/China-Cummins-4BT-Cylinder-Block.html

Quote:

1.We are a professional factory that produce many kinds of cylinder blocks,such as Ford 351 blocks,chevy 350 blocks, V8 6.5L blocks and so on.

4. Material: Casting iron; the brinell hardness :HB170-220

We would like to hear from you. Please feel free to get in touch with us by using the address, phone, fax,and email contacts we've provided as below.

http://www.weiku.com/products/15384845/350_Chevy_casting_iron_small_block.html

Last edited by rain man; 08/15/15 07:40 AM.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9