Long Island, NY USA
B
BergmanAutoCraft Offline OP
master
BergmanAutoCraft  Offline OP
master
B

Long Island, NY USA
Just an FYI - Borgeson has come out with an updated version of their fast ratio steering box. Some key features of the new box - less expensive (about 100) and smaller than the previous unit. Unfortunately, they are only offering in small sector. I will be mocking up shortly and posting pictures. If anyone needs one or a large sector PM me.

Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: BergmanAutoCraft] #1706532
12/04/14 01:18 PM
12/04/14 01:18 PM
The Netherlands
BigBlockMopar Offline
master
BigBlockMopar  Offline
master

The Netherlands
Sounds good.

Should be this one I guess;

8351057-800126web.jpg (318 downloads)
Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: BergmanAutoCraft] #1706533
12/04/14 01:32 PM
12/04/14 01:32 PM
NW Chicago suburban area
Mopar Mitch Offline
pro stock
Mopar Mitch  Offline
pro stock

NW Chicago suburban area
How much lighter will the new smaller box be? Vs the first Borg box, as well as to the factory Mopar PS box (less pitman arm)?

I always like weight reductions.

Also, is the ratio any quicker with the newer smaller box? I favor the fastest ratios.

How many turns lock-to-lock are these Borgs boxes?

Are the Borgs boxes a staright/constant ratio, or a variable/progressive ratio?

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!
Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: BergmanAutoCraft] #1706534
12/04/14 01:57 PM
12/04/14 01:57 PM
up yours
Supercuda Offline
About to go away
Supercuda  Offline
About to go away

up yours
Did they fix the angle issue Hotchkis noticed?

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.
Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: Mopar Mitch] #1706535
12/04/14 01:58 PM
12/04/14 01:58 PM
Long Island, NY USA
B
master
master
B

Long Island, NY USA
I haven't weighed it but its all the same as their earlier box, straight 14:1, approx. 15lbs lighter.

Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: BergmanAutoCraft] #1706536
12/04/14 03:07 PM
12/04/14 03:07 PM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Quote:

I haven't weighed it but its all the same as their earlier box, straight 14:1, approx. 15lbs lighter.

With a fast ratio pitman added, I'd take a wild guess at around 10:1 ratio.

Peter is it still a Delphi 600 box?

Is it just machined different for weight/space reduction or another model steering box?

Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: autoxcuda] #1706537
12/04/14 10:03 PM
12/04/14 10:03 PM
Long Island, NY USA
B
master
master
B

Long Island, NY USA
I think its based off a Mustang case they already produce. My contact wasn't in today, as I had some questions regarding the construction.

Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: Supercuda] #1706538
12/05/14 12:47 AM
12/05/14 12:47 AM
SoCal
MuuMuu101 Offline
I got lucky at Woodward!
MuuMuu101  Offline
I got lucky at Woodward!

SoCal
Quote:

So the shimming issue wasn't addressed and what was the problem with the small sector again? Not enough thread engagement?

Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: MuuMuu101] #1706539
12/05/14 01:32 AM
12/05/14 01:32 AM
Lethbridge, AB, Canada
dangina Offline
pro stock
dangina  Offline
pro stock

Lethbridge, AB, Canada
Quote:

Quote:

So the shimming issue wasn't addressed and what was the problem with the small sector again? Not enough thread engagement?

curious, will they be taking back the old ones? i installed mine in my car but my car is still not finished, so it has zero miles on the box itself. If so I'd like to send it back now while its winter time

Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: dangina] #1706540
12/05/14 04:41 AM
12/05/14 04:41 AM
chicago il usa
K
komninon Offline
komninon  Offline
K

chicago il usa
that would be the right thing to do, replace the old ones at NO CHARGE.
if not stay with the original box.

Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: komninon] #1706541
12/06/14 09:42 AM
12/06/14 09:42 AM
Answering the call of the wild
T
ThermoQuad Offline
top fuel
ThermoQuad  Offline
top fuel
T

Answering the call of the wild
Peter- before you sell us another box that is supposed to "bolt in" you need to address the issues with the the other box and possibly with this box rather than complain about the dog piling.

People have come on here with legitimate problems and you have not done your due diligence as a vendor. It's real simple-if a FF or stock box fits with no problems and the other box does -there is a problem with the other box or now possibly 2 boxes. Not everyone is stupid on here, so stop treating us like we are..

Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: ThermoQuad] #1706542
12/06/14 12:45 PM
12/06/14 12:45 PM
Long Island, NY USA
B
master
master
B

Long Island, NY USA
Borgeson is not taking back the old boxes. I do not manufacture these boxes, they do.

For someone who has not bought this box or tried it, Tom - you have a lot to say. I wish you'd call me directly with your concerns.

I agree the angularity of the box has been established, but only in certain cases. However, even in the cases where the shafts weren't straight like the originals, NONE of the customers complained that has affected their steering. Remember 2 things, the coupler can take up some angle without a problem and look at new cars or rack applications with crazy angles.

This is the toughest board in the Mopar biz, and it has undoubtedly scared vendors away from posting here on numerous occasions. Most of the haters here have not bought the product or been concerned enough to call me directly.

I've been a contributor to this board for 10+ years a vendor and an advertiser. If you have legitimate concerns ask in a manner like you would face to face rather than throwing stones from behind your keyboard.

My number is 631 423 1517 if you want to speak intelligently to me.

Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: BergmanAutoCraft] #1706543
12/06/14 02:17 PM
12/06/14 02:17 PM
up yours
Supercuda Offline
About to go away
Supercuda  Offline
About to go away

up yours
Quote:

Borgeson is not taking back the old boxes. I do not manufacture these boxes, they do.

For someone who has not bought this box or tried it, Tom - you have a lot to say. I wish you'd call me directly with your concerns.

I agree the angularity of the box has been established, but only in certain cases. However, even in the cases where the shafts weren't straight like the originals, NONE of the customers complained that has affected their steering. Remember 2 things, the coupler can take up some angle without a problem and look at new cars or rack applications with crazy angles.

This is the toughest board in the Mopar biz, and it has undoubtedly scared vendors away from posting here on numerous occasions. Most of the haters here have not bought the product or been concerned enough to call me directly.

I've been a contributor to this board for 10+ years a vendor and an advertiser. If you have legitimate concerns ask in a manner like you would face to face rather than throwing stones from behind your keyboard.

Wow.

hater for point out defects in design and manufacturing?.

Last resort there.

Borgeson put out an overpriced half @ssed designed and built box, I will point out that you stepped up to address some of the issues with installing one, which if Borgeson was on the ball they would have already done and not had to rely on their customers to be beta testers and their resellers to be the R&D department.

To refresh your memory

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rt=all&vc=1

Of course in that thread it's the haters that are the problem once again, I notice your mouth conspicuously snapped shut once the OP posted exactly the contortions he had to go thru with both you and Borgeson before he could get something done, which was to buy another box, send in the defective one and hope the Borgeson would agree it was defective and refund his purchase price.

Lesson learned here? Do not buy Borgeson stuff and do not patronize Bergman AutoKrap. Might not fix the problem but I'll be one less aggravation to deal with.

Don't be the exception.
Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: Supercuda] #1706544
12/06/14 02:55 PM
12/06/14 02:55 PM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Quote:

Quote:

Wow.

hater for point out defects in design and manufacturing?.

Last resort there.

Borgeson put out an overpriced half @ssed designed and built box, I will point out that you stepped up to address some of the issues with installing one, which if Borgeson was on the ball they would have already done and not had to rely on their customers to be beta testers and their resellers to be the R&D department.

To refresh your memory

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rt=all&vc=1

Of course in that thread it's the haters that are the problem once again, I notice your mouth conspicuously snapped shut once the OP posted exactly the contortions he had to go thru with both you and Borgeson before he could get something done, which was to buy another box, send in the defective one and hope the Borgeson would agree it was defective and refund his purchase price.

Lesson learned here? Do not buy Borgeson stuff and do not patronize Bergman AutoKrap. Might not fix the problem but I'll be one less aggravation to deal with.

Summit, Jegs, and tons of other sell this box. Bash them too.

But everyone is piling on Bergman because he is someone that will publicly interact with people.

Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: autoxcuda] #1706545
12/06/14 03:16 PM
12/06/14 03:16 PM
up yours
Supercuda Offline
About to go away
Supercuda  Offline
About to go away

up yours
I'm bashing on him cause of the haters comment. Real customer service there.

There is an issue with the box, at least some of them. Which tells me it's probably a manufacturing issue in regards to the shimming issue. The pitman arm spline issue is a design issues. I did point out he stepped up to the plate regarding the extra parts needed to install the box. Did you bother to read the link posted, the contortions the OP had to go thru with BOTH Borgeson and Bergman?

Bergman's post basically says the problems are haters, not the box. Which demonstrably incorrect. I would say that the feedback from here ought to be an opportunity for Borgeson to refine their product and if Bergman can kick them in the butt to get it done great, but I don't think he can. He'd rather call us haters.

Don't be the exception.
Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: Supercuda] #1706546
12/06/14 03:37 PM
12/06/14 03:37 PM
Nebraska
72Swinger Offline
master
72Swinger  Offline
master

Nebraska
People need to take into account that this is just as frustrating for Peter as it is his customers. He is not making a killing on these boxes I guarantee you. People want their money back? Get it from Borgeson, go directly to the horses mouth, it is THEIR baby and THEY need to take care of THEIR customers. Peter is trying to make a living catering to the Mopar crowd, which is a monumental headache in itself, and I don't remember him ever saying he was perfect. I wouldn't want to walk in his shoes either.

Mopar to the bone!!!
Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: 72Swinger] #1706547
12/06/14 04:17 PM
12/06/14 04:17 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
Regardless of the he said/she said, to work through this issue, it would help if it was taken down a notch. From what I read I emphasize with all sides here. But I would prefer it get worked out, rather then we declare one side a debate winner. I also like it kept online, so we can follow along, but it has to be civil. The point about this site being tough maybe accurate, and I think when these things go personal it takes the wind out of the sails of those who are through their own creativity trying to move the hobby forward. I sure the budget turbo project is paying attention to this outcome, same for revered new 855 tranny, and I know I would.
Since I haven't bought the gear box, but would consider it, I hope I am still inline to comment

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: 72Swinger] #1706548
12/06/14 04:20 PM
12/06/14 04:20 PM
Utah and Alaska
astjp2 Offline
master
astjp2  Offline
master

Utah and Alaska
I agree its a manufacturer problem and they should be the ones to handle the repair/replacement. I personally think that the pinion on the box may have the splines machined off a few degrees causing all of the problems. Tim

1941 Taylorcraft
1968 Charger
1994 Wrangler
1998 Wrangler
2008 Kia Rio
2017 Jetta

I didn't do 4 years and 9 months of Graduate School to be called Mister!
Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: astjp2] #1706549
12/06/14 06:12 PM
12/06/14 06:12 PM
Houston Tx
Uhcoog1 Offline
super stock
Uhcoog1  Offline
super stock

Houston Tx
Peter has been good to me. He straightened out a TTI issue for me that I guarantee I would not have been able to sort out alone. That did require me to take lots of pictures and measurements, which I was okay with. My frustration was not with Peter in that process, but TTI, as it was their product that didn't fit. Peter went to bat for me after confirming it was indeed a TTI issue and not my vehicle.

To sum it up, I bought TTI and Borgeson from Peter on purpose- because he is a big vendor for both and will carry more weight if I needed something fixed. Which I did need something fixed. And he did get it fixed. Sure, it took time and effort on my part, but this is a Mopar, and new products don't always fit.

I know some of y'all had a different experience, and I'm not discounting that. I'm just sharing my experience. Peter will stay my preferred vendor for both TTI and Borgeson.

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course
Re: UPDATED BORGESON FAST RATIO STEERING BOX [Re: Uhcoog1] #1706550
12/06/14 06:41 PM
12/06/14 06:41 PM
NorCal
RylisPro Offline
top fuel
RylisPro  Offline
top fuel

NorCal
You're a vendor for TTI headers Pete? I didn't know that!
It's not on your website or TTI's list of authorized distributors
I need a set of TTI headers to practice my denting skills on

73 `Cuda
Instagram: @rylispro
YouTube: RylisPro
www.rylispro.com
925-214-9192
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3