12/18/08 12:26 PM
12/18/08 12:26 PM
Cambridge Idaho
RUMBLON Offline OP
master
RUMBLON  Offline OP
master

Cambridge Idaho
Ok, I need to do the exhaust on the 340-6 pack 67 Post Dart project. I dont want to spend a ton of cash and dont mind learning and doing it myself. I have never done exhaust but would like to learn.
So since its a 340, I am guessing 2 1/2 is still very ok, its only a 400 HP motor.

Who supplies a decent set of pipes and what should I try and do and or not do? I have looked at a few online but dont know what good or bad to be honest. I did do my 70 cuda vert exhaust, but it was mandrel bent TTI, slip together stuff and very easy and very pricey.

Are there other options out there. I have a lift, so getting under the car is no issue and also have a welder.

I am also going to do the exhaust on the 38 Plymouth eventually, so living and learning is fine.

I have even looked at the JC whitney catalog, is that junk? They provide all kinds of pieces, what all do I need and what use is a crossover. I have no such animal on the cuda.?

any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Links or things you have done on your A bodies or all cars I guess.

Dave

Re: exhaust 340 6 Dart w/HP manifolds. I need pipes? [Re: RUMBLON] #169952
12/18/08 01:29 PM
12/18/08 01:29 PM
God's Country Maryland
GODSCOUNTRY340 Offline
master
GODSCOUNTRY340  Offline
master

God's Country Maryland
I got the kit for my '69 off Summit. They didn't offer a kit for factory manifolds so I got one for headers and had a local exhaust shop bend me downpipes. I luckily had old downpipes to use as a pattern. Make sure you order the kit with mufflers. A crossover pipe will soften the exhaust tone and add performance. The kit didn't have the crossover but you can make your own.
One other thing, there were instructions included but none of the pipes were marked so you'll need to put it together like a puzzle until you get it right. Good luck.

4886897-DSC05007.JPG (63 downloads)

I love the smell of Deer guts in the morning, it smells like... VICTORY!