12/21/08 05:13 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I just got to wonder? If this NENDRA is so popular and taking off like gangbusters, why most of us never even knew about it? Seems like Casey and Jim would have already found a home there.....Personally, I have never seen the first thing about it... No flyers or postings....No event coverage any where.....

At least CC Events gets 5 pages of National and International coverage each month in Mopar Collectors Guide and has sponsorship for every event along with the fact that every race is held at an awesome racing facility.....

BECAUSE MOST OF YOU GUYS dont look past your noses. if you read the post it only started last year and its been posted on moparts a bunch of times last year.
for us guys its been a terrific way to bring comroddery amongst local racers on the north east/

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: KD800X] #168821
12/21/08 05:14 PM
12/21/08 05:14 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

In these trying times we need to look at different avenues to increase the car count. And if that means bringing in some other brands for a specific class to more or less match race, I think it would be a good thing for all.

But the key here would be to make sure that NO ONE who has been loyal to CCE over the years be left out because a change in venue.

I personally would like to see CCE not stop at just NSS, but also look at binging in the Gassers, Nostalgia Funny Cars, and the SS/AH cars. Not that this will increase the car count, but it will increase the spectators. And that is where Charlie will make more money. Not to mention it would possibly bring in more sponsors because of the larger crowds

NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

YOU HAVE TAKEN THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: genuinerocker] #168822
12/21/08 05:21 PM
NW Pa.
KD800X Offline
super stock
KD800X  Offline
super stock

NW Pa.
Quote:

I just got to wonder? If this NENDRA is so popular and taking off like gangbusters, why most of us never even knew about it? Seems like Casey and Jim would have already found a home there.....Personally, I have never seen the first thing about it... No flyers or postings....No event coverage any where.....

At least CC Events gets 5 pages of National and International coverage each month in Mopar Collectors Guide and has sponsorship for every event along with the fact that every race is held at an awesome racing facility.....

Superstockracer has posted the NENDRA on here along with pictures. I think last year was the first year for it. They have been running only on the east coast so far. It looks like it's a nice program.
I don't know of any organizations in the Mid West. I would like to see dad run some NSS races in between the CCE races.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168823

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

In these trying times we need to look at different avenues to increase the car count. And if that means bringing in some other brands for a specific class to more or less match race, I think it would be a good thing for all.

But the key here would be to make sure that NO ONE who has been loyal to CCE over the years be left out because a change in venue.

I personally would like to see CCE not stop at just NSS, but also look at binging in the Gassers, Nostalgia Funny Cars, and the SS/AH cars. Not that this will increase the car count, but it will increase the spectators. And that is where Charlie will make more money. Not to mention it would possibly bring in more sponsors because of the larger crowds

NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

YOU HAVE TAKEN THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH

from the looks of the way charlie runs his cc events and being the schedule gets smaller and smaller each year, i dont see cc events lasting much longer.
like i said before, very narrow minded.
NOSTALGIA SUPER STOCK is one of the fastest growing organizations in the country. you'd be stupid not incorporating it into your schedule.leave hemi and maxwedge alone and add nss to the program.what do you have to lose.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168824
12/21/08 05:50 PM
12/21/08 05:50 PM
KENTUCKY
69CHARGERMD Offline
master
69CHARGERMD  Offline
master

KENTUCKY
If i dont open the hood,,,and they dont see the dominator in there,,,,is it "really" there,,,, LOL

I am working on getting the car "correct" if i run NSS,,,

Last edited by 69CHARGERMD; 12/21/08 05:51 PM.
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: 69CHARGERMD] #168825
12/21/08 06:01 PM
12/21/08 06:01 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Chris is a great guy and a good racer. His NSS program is comming right along. We talked a lot about his circuit and would have liked to run some of them...All the opertions kept me down, but I fully intend on running some races with them. I like racing against 409's and tunnel port ferds..

4893375-coronet007.jpg (17 downloads)
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: 69CHARGERMD] #168826
12/21/08 06:09 PM
12/21/08 06:09 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Who would know or care whats under the hood.My car looks more period correct than most of the Hemi cars.If it looks like a period correct and not a low slung state of the art bracket car than let it run.I say we nominate Kevin Davis and Chris"The Yankee Fish Peddler" to form a fact finding committe to present viable changes,additions and explore financial sponserships for upcomming events and present them to the owners.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168827
12/21/08 06:18 PM
12/21/08 06:18 PM
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
dartman366 Offline
I Live Here
dartman366  Offline
I Live Here

Mt. Vernon, Ohio
While it is a known fact that I don't have a horse in this race, but I do try and attend the CC Event's running Super Pro and the 10oh shoot out as much as I can and support the series, here is my opinion,regard less how this end's up as to making a change or not the best money spent is to advertise what you have, try and compromise and come up with a plan for the Max Wedge/NSS class and LET THE PUBLIC KNOW ABOUT IT!!!, I have so many time's talked to people that own Mopar's that have not heard of the series and try to explain to them what it is all about, so that maybe they will spectate or participate, the 10oh shoot out was conceved as a thought that was given a try and look at it now,,one of the most popular venues of the Classic Event series, and envied by a lot of my non mopar friends as somthing they wish they could do, but like I said before what ever the decision is ADVERTISE IT!!!JMO

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: B G Racing] #168828
12/21/08 06:22 PM
12/21/08 06:22 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I would almost be positive that Jegs would help sponsor all brand NSS..Jeg Sr. is a big fan of Nostalgia Racing

4893428-savoy006.jpg (21 downloads)
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: dartman366] #168829
12/21/08 06:26 PM
12/21/08 06:26 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Bill,what no horse?Oh that's right you and Lonnie have those little donkeys,err I mean little ponys(small blocks)

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168830
12/21/08 06:34 PM
12/21/08 06:34 PM
NW Pa.
KD800X Offline
super stock
KD800X  Offline
super stock

NW Pa.
from the looks of the way charlie runs his cc events and being the schedule gets smaller and smaller each year, i dont see cc events lasting much longer.
NOSTALGIA SUPER STOCK is one of the fastest growing organizations in the country. you'd be stupid not incorporating it into your schedule.leave hemi and maxwedge alone and add nss to the program.what do you have to lose.

Its not so much how Charlie runs the CCE races...you have to understand that last year was a bust because of numerous reasons... $4.00 gas, the economy, (a lot of our racers are connected to auto industry), and the fact that it rained at every race we had except Pittsburgh.

No one is saying that NSS is not a good venue. It's just that no one wants to see the CCE races go away either. Why don't you and some of the other east coast mopar guys come out to Pittsburgh and run the CCE race for a weekend and see what it's about?

You and I have talked before about you bringing the NENDRA further west for a race, so some of us CCE racers can run with you guys. I personally would love to run some NSS races between the CCE races.

I think the whole reason of this thread is because this area is directly affected by what's going on in Detroit, and we want to see CCE survive.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: B G Racing] #168831
12/21/08 06:36 PM
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
dartman366 Offline
I Live Here
dartman366  Offline
I Live Here

Mt. Vernon, Ohio
Quote:

Bill,what no horse?Oh that's right you and Lonnie have those little donkeys,err I mean little ponys(small blocks)

Bob, just remember that donkey's are used to carry the load,,,,and I don't mean load of bull!

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: B G Racing] #168832

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Thought they had squirrels under the hood.

4893458-coronet007.jpg (18 downloads)
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168833
12/21/08 06:41 PM
12/21/08 06:41 PM
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
dartman366 Offline
I Live Here
dartman366  Offline
I Live Here

Mt. Vernon, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Thought they had squirrels under the hood.

Maybe,, but remember our squirrel's have big nu.....aw never mind.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: KD800X] #168834
12/21/08 06:53 PM
12/21/08 06:53 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Its not so much how Charlie runs the CCE races...you have to understand that last year was a bust because of numerous reasons... $4.00 gas, the economy, (a lot of our racers are connected to auto industry), and the fact that it rained at every race we had except Pittsburgh.

No one is saying that NSS is not a good venue. It's just that no one wants to see the CCE races go away either. Why don't you and some of the other east coast mopar guys come out to Pittsburgh and run the CCE race for a weekend and see what it's about?

You and I have talked before about you bringing the NENDRA further west for a race, so some of us CCE racers can run with you guys. I personally would love to run some NSS races between the CCE races.

I think the whole reason of this thread is because this area is directly affected by what's going on in Detroit, and we want to see CCE survive.

i made this request this year to expand CC events to the east coast. the east coast boys always go to the midwest but i never see anyone from ohio area or west pa. travel over here.
we could get a cc event at lebanon valley, etown and atco and numidia or even maple grove to split the difference.
it goes upon deaf ears so thats why NENDRA was formed. 12 events for this year i think is awesome for our NSS organization.
if the CC events want to come east id promote it to death and make it happen.
just need to put a little fire under a few peoples butts. build it andthey will come.i could have over 100-150 racers alone in this area attend without a doubt.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: B G Racing] #168835
12/21/08 06:59 PM
12/21/08 06:59 PM
NW Pa.
KD800X Offline
super stock
KD800X  Offline
super stock

NW Pa.
Quote:

Who would know or care whats under the hood.My car looks more period correct than most of the Hemi cars.If it looks like a period correct and not a low slung state of the art bracket car than let it run.I say we nominate Kevin Davis and Chris"The Yankee Fish Peddler" to form a fact finding committe to present viable changes,additions and explore financial sponserships for upcomming events and present them to the owners.

Who would know or care whats under the hood.My car looks more period correct than most of the Hemi cars.If it looks like a period correct and not a low slung state of the art bracket car than let it run.

than let it run.I say we nominate Kevin Davis and Chris"The Yankee Fish Peddler" to form a fact finding committe to present viable changes,additions and explore financial sponserships for upcomming events and present them to the owners.

Chris"The Yankee Fish Peddler"
I can already see it painted on his car.

Bob,
How about nominating Dad since he isn't on here to defend him self. He'll be retired starting January 5th, so he will have all kinds of time on his hands.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168836
12/21/08 07:06 PM
12/21/08 07:06 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
I hear good things about NENDRA, however I must admit that the rules are a little lax for my blood. I think if you are too loose, it encourages just the regular old bracket guys to compete, and it loses it's uniqueness. I can run Pro ET anywhere.

I like the Beaver Springs rules....he is not a stickler about tire size, but it has to have two four barrels, be a full size car (62-67)with a big block. Period correct hood scoops, no electronics, no butchered wheelwells, full interior, etc. No little stuff, small blocks or funky hood scoops. SS/AA cars are OK, because of their uniqueness and heritage.

I wouldn't mind trying NENDRA, but I think they only race in New York and New Jersey. I think there may be a race in Numedia, Pa., but that is still a hoof for me.

I know there was some discussion regarding a CC event at Beaver Springs, and it may happen in the future, but I think that Charlie is rightly holding his cards close to the vest right now. But, I still believe it has to be all Chrysler. They don't let me run a those Chevy and Mustang events.

422 Motorsports has a great All Star series....check it out on their site.

Last edited by Steve1118; 12/21/08 07:08 PM.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168837
12/21/08 07:09 PM
12/21/08 07:09 PM
Columbus Ohio
M
Moore & Moore Offline
pro stock
Moore & Moore  Offline
pro stock
M

Columbus Ohio
10.00 racers do not take this the wrong way but would there be a 10.00 shootout if it was not for the efforts and sponsorship of CRT and BigDog. My point is if some want a NSS class just do the legwork and secure a sponsor and present it to Charlie I am sure he will listen.
Jack Moore

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: Steve1118] #168838
12/21/08 07:19 PM
12/21/08 07:19 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I hear good things about NENDRA, however I must admit that the rules are a little lax for my blood. I think if you are too loose, it encourages just the regular old bracket guys to compete, and it loses it's uniqueness. I can run Pro ET anywhere.

I like the Beaver Springs rules....he is not a stickler about tire size, but it has to have two four barrels, be a full size car (62-67)with a big block. Period correct hood scoops, no electronics, no butchered wheelwells, full interior, etc. No little stuff, small blocks or funky hood scoops. SS/AA cars are OK, because of their uniqueness and heritage.

I wouldn't mind trying NENDRA, but I think they only race in New York and New Jersey. I think there may be a race in Numedia, Pa., but that is still a hoof for me.

I know there was some discussion regarding a CC event at Beaver Springs, and it may happen in the future, but I think that Charlie is rightly holding his cards close to the vest right now. But, I still believe it has to be all Chrysler. They don't let me run a those Chevy and Mustang events.

422 Motorsports has a great All Star series....check it out on their site.

Steve,thanks for the kind words. the problem 1st with 422 motorsports is that with Dink and his crew its all about the money and not the racer and the rules are governed around there cars.
i tried to race with them 2 years ago with free admission from alex knaap at englishtown and Dink told me i couldnt run with them because i had no lettering on the body of my car. i was in the staging lanes and he told me to go race with heavy. for the last 35 years i raced with no decals and lettering on my car. im not a billboard and i dont like it. 422 only wants lettered cars and his attitude if piss poor.
my 63 plymouth max wedge is completely nostalgic, probably more nostalgic than anyone running that day. original crossram right down to the original pushbutton trans. front and rear bench seats and original max wedge hood and scoop.

As far as NENDRA is concerned, i set up the organization in order to get all Detroit muscle to race from 61-73.
there was nothing like it around and i think i found a niche.
i do however race with ECNSSA and there rules are stricter but allow single 4 bbls to most of there events. there super stock spectacular and beaver springs race only allow 2-4bbls.
its a long tow for me to beaver springs and i have been loaded 2 years in a row to attend but weather held me back.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168839
12/21/08 07:23 PM
12/21/08 07:23 PM
NW Pa.
KD800X Offline
super stock
KD800X  Offline
super stock

NW Pa.

i made this request this year to expand CC events to the east coast. the east coast boys always go to the midwest but i never see anyone from ohio area or west pa. travel over here.
we could get a cc event at lebanon valley, etown and atco and numidia or even maple grove to split the difference.
it goes upon deaf ears so thats why NENDRA was formed. 12 events for this year i think is awesome for our NSS organization.
if the CC events want to come east id promote it to death and make it happen.
just need to put a little fire under a few peoples butts. build it andthey will come.i could have over 100-150 racers alone in this area attend without a doubt.

Chris,

This is getting a little off topic, there already is a tread about this.
But I hear what you’re saying the situation is we have regular loyal racers that run points with CCE from Ill. Wis. Ind. Mich. And Canada
You can't expect them to drive over 12+ hours to Jersey for a race. That wouldn't be fair to them, especially if they were up in the point. That would be like you driving to Martin Mi. to run our races.
I think a few of the guys have been trying to get Charlie to look at Beaver Springs. But I can't see it happening this year because the Schedule is already set for 09.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11